These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

... Catapulted into NullSec?

Author
Minmatar Citizen 534612187
Citizen Corp.
#1 - 2015-05-16 21:43:38 UTC
About 15 min. ago, I logged out of EVE safely in the Ansen system. When I logged back in, I was 25 jumps away from Ansen—deep in NullSec.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-05-16 21:48:31 UTC
No, this has never happened to me, you mentioned yesterday you were on Sisi, did you maybe log into the wrong server?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-05-16 21:49:11 UTC
Minmatar Citizen 534612187 wrote:
About 15 min. ago, I logged out of EVE safely in the Ansen system. When I logged back in, I was 25 jumps away from Ansen—deep in NullSec.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Did you just log or used the safe log off function? Check your notifications...

I'm my own NPC alt.

Citizen Corp.
#4 - 2015-05-16 22:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaeranos
I definitely wasn't on Sisi (I got blown up on the way back, even, so the killmail's available) and I used the safe log-off. I even stared at the 30-second timer as it counted down before I got up from my desk, haha.

Weird bug. I sent a support ticket to CCP reporting it (and uh... also asking for reimbursement. Sad). 'Was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I assume CCP has access to some kind of log that notes where I was when I logged off and where I was when I logged back in. I don't know what triggered it. I warped into Ansen, microwarped about a minute away from the Stargate, turned off module, and safe-logged.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-05-16 22:16:01 UTC
make sure you let us know if this was a glitch or if they have some explanation as to how you got there. I guess it's possible your account got hacked.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Citizen Corp.
#6 - 2015-05-16 23:01:16 UTC
Will do.

I'd be surprised if I was hacked—I only logged off for ~10 min.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#7 - 2015-05-17 07:14:51 UTC
Drifter abduction!?
Better check your clone for signs of.... body cavity probing! Shocked

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-05-17 08:24:14 UTC
Will do.

I'd be surprised if I was hacked—I only logged off for ~10 min.

Any notifications about clone activation, ship loss? Is the station you logged in your home station of the medical clone?

I'm my own NPC alt.

Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#9 - 2015-05-17 13:28:29 UTC
Nerath Naaris wrote:
Drifter abduction!?
Better check your clone for signs of.... body cavity probing! Shocked

Shocked
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2015-05-17 22:36:31 UTC
I've seen other people complain of getting messages of being podded and losing their ship, yet their ship is still in hangar and they have implants.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Vila eNorvic
#11 - 2015-05-18 22:21:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Vila eNorvic
Something similar happened to me about a month ago, but not so drastic as your case - I didn't end up in Null.

I was alt-tabbing between three characters who were all in the same system when I suddenly discovered that two of them were in different systems 6 or 7 jumps away.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#12 - 2015-05-18 23:02:23 UTC
That happened to me on SiSi a few days ago. Never on TQ but still strange to undock from a station in Syndicate and find myself in space in Thera.
Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-05-19 14:32:57 UTC
The other day I got stuck inside a gate jump animation for a minute or two and when I emerged I was 1 million km from the gate.

A nice bug considering the previous time I got stuck inside the gate there was a Svipul waiting on the other side. Roll

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-05-19 18:27:33 UTC
The scariest thing I experienced so far was a fail cyno jump ending inside the sun! The FC was calling primaries ... and I was stuck, not able to warp and after long seconds I got ejected with hyperspeed and not able to control my ship for ages ...Ugh

I'm my own NPC alt.

Citizen Corp.
#15 - 2015-05-19 18:44:16 UTC
Just got a reply from CCP.

Their logs show that I jumped from Ansen into a wormhole, then out another wormhole into Null Sec. I asked about the IP (wondering if someone else accessed my account), and was told that it was from the same location from which I usually log. This means that nothing suspicious is really going on—but it also means that I am very confused.

I'm going to see if I can replicate anything like this today.
Thorn en Distel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-05-19 20:08:39 UTC
Just got a reply from CCP.

Their logs show that I jumped from Ansen into a wormhole, then out another wormhole into Null Sec. I asked about the IP (wondering if someone else accessed my account), and was told that it was from the same location from which I usually log. This means that nothing suspicious is really going on—but it also means that I am very confused.

I'm going to see if I can replicate anything like this today.

Hum... did you leave the game in the character select screen? A friend once did, before going to sleep, and woke up to find her character dead. Her cat had managed to log her in.

>.<
Memphis Baas
#17 - 2015-05-19 21:15:49 UTC
That would be a pretty smart cat, if it managed to jump through a wormhole, probe out another wormhole to nullsec, and jump through it, then safely log off.
Zoe Athame
Don't Lose Your Way
#18 - 2015-05-19 23:33:07 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
That would be a pretty smart cat, if it managed to jump through a wormhole, probe out another wormhole to nullsec, and jump through it, then safely log off.

Well there are k-space to k-space wormholes so the cat would only have to probe down one wormhole.
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#19 - 2015-05-20 18:33:21 UTC
Wow man, you get in all sorts of adventures. This is the first time I heard of such a scenario occurring.

Needs investigative work. Cool
Citizen Corp.
#20 - 2015-05-20 19:53:26 UTC
Haha.

I tried replicating it yesterday to no avail. 'Tried setting my destination to a WH, then logging off safely. Entering WH, leaving, warping, logging off, etc.

I have no clue what could've done it.
12Next page