These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

iwantisk.com blacklisted by CCP for security reasons.

First post
Author
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#21 - 2015-05-18 16:21:20 UTC
i always thought CCP legal would shut these sites down since they dont have a casino license and basically your using cash to buy chips (ISK via plex or ingame means) some DA with a hair up his butt and a election to win could make a decent case about this. even if the DA loses it would be a long lengthy case

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#22 - 2015-05-18 17:03:51 UTC
Dradis Aulmais wrote:
i always thought CCP legal would shut these sites down since they dont have a casino license and basically your using cash to buy chips (ISK via plex or ingame means) some DA with a hair up his butt and a election to win could make a decent case about this. even if the DA loses it would be a long lengthy case

They have DAs in Iceland? Corrupt DAs that try cases based on who will vote for them instead of seeking justice?

Interesting.

Mr Epeen Cool
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#23 - 2015-05-18 17:40:13 UTC
some of these sites are based in the US

and yes most US DAs will try cases based on who votes for them than justice

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#24 - 2015-05-18 17:59:45 UTC
Dradis Aulmais wrote:
i always thought CCP legal would shut these sites down since they dont have a casino license and basically your using cash to buy chips (ISK via plex or ingame means) some DA with a hair up his butt and a election to win could make a decent case about this. even if the DA loses it would be a long lengthy case


Hahaha ... this is not the USA dude, and neither is Iceland.
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#25 - 2015-05-18 18:46:05 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Dradis Aulmais wrote:
i always thought CCP legal would shut these sites down since they dont have a casino license and basically your using cash to buy chips (ISK via plex or ingame means) some DA with a hair up his butt and a election to win could make a decent case about this. even if the DA loses it would be a long lengthy case


Hahaha ... this is not the USA dude, and neither is Iceland.


As i stated some of these sites and servers are US based. Many of the people who access these sites are US based. There is enough "Points of Contact" to allow a Us court to have some jursidiction.

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

StupidMonkeyBeSpankinIt
Illicit Expo
#26 - 2015-05-18 23:57:05 UTC
I always wondered why I never took opportunity of these sites before they get da lock on em but, whatever... Im glad free isk is disappearing now. lolz Roll
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#27 - 2015-05-19 03:05:24 UTC
Interesting.

There's not yet evidence of RMT (unlike Somer where there was clear evidence prior to the banning).

It wouldn't surprise me either way.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-05-19 03:15:52 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Interesting.

There's not yet evidence of RMT (unlike Somer where there was clear evidence prior to the banning).

It wouldn't surprise me either way.

Did you not read the original reddit thread?
The one jennyshae linked here?

Id go ahead and say thats pretty crystal clear proof
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#29 - 2015-05-19 04:08:18 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Interesting.

There's not yet evidence of RMT (unlike Somer where there was clear evidence prior to the banning).

It wouldn't surprise me either way.

Did you not read the original reddit thread?
The one jennyshae linked here?

Id go ahead and say thats pretty crystal clear proof



It's at a 'more likely than not' level of evidence, but not at a 'beyond reasonable doubt' level, that at least one person involved in IWI is an RMTer.

For Somer the evidence was considerably more compelling; the evidence in that thread could be fabricated by an IWI competitor looking to discredit them. Or (more likely) it could be 100% accurate.


That said I wonder what this will mean if IWI are found to be involved in RMT laundering. Given that an RMT operation could set up a 'legit' gaming site, but rig the games in favor of their 'clients' - I wonder if we will see a ban on ISK and asset transfers based upon out-of-client games of chance.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#30 - 2015-05-19 10:35:20 UTC
Dradis Aulmais wrote:
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Dradis Aulmais wrote:
i always thought CCP legal would shut these sites down since they dont have a casino license and basically your using cash to buy chips (ISK via plex or ingame means) some DA with a hair up his butt and a election to win could make a decent case about this. even if the DA loses it would be a long lengthy case


Hahaha ... this is not the USA dude, and neither is Iceland.


As i stated some of these sites and servers are US based. Many of the people who access these sites are US based. There is enough "Points of Contact" to allow a Us court to have some jursidiction.


I dare you to have an US DA post here and tell us he has enough "points of contact". I call bullshit, just like many other claims of US jurisdiction crap.
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#31 - 2015-05-19 11:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Dradis Aulmais
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Interesting.

There's not yet evidence of RMT (unlike Somer where there was clear evidence prior to the banning).

It wouldn't surprise me either way.

Did you not read the original reddit thread?
The one jennyshae linked here?

Id go ahead and say thats pretty crystal clear proof


And I disagree and don't think that is proof especially since the banker I question was cleared by ccp

And in the end we can all sit here and speculate and argue but at the end of the day CCP's option is the only one that matters

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#32 - 2015-05-19 12:09:16 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The Rules:
27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#33 - 2015-05-19 13:24:55 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Interesting.

There's not yet evidence of RMT (unlike Somer where there was clear evidence prior to the banning).

It wouldn't surprise me either way.

Did you not read the original reddit thread?
The one jennyshae linked here?

Id go ahead and say thats pretty crystal clear proof


The only thing that Reddit post proves is that the poster bought ISK. It didn't show a connection to I Want ISK at all.

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#34 - 2015-05-19 15:46:46 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Quote:
ilgnome : A month ago this thread was posted accusing IWI of RMTing. OP then said that he forwarded all information to CCP but was also making the information (mostly) public. OP said it took him about a month to get the information and it's been about a month since the report was allegedly filed.

Perhaps something big is coming down from CCP?

Also, how does no one else remember that thread?
Save some of you some scrolling.


Excellent drahma development. Big smile
Dradis Aulmais
Serious Non-stop Espionage and Kidnapping
#35 - 2015-05-19 16:10:25 UTC
the drama llama had starbucks this morning

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#36 - 2015-05-19 16:35:17 UTC
Bad internet lawyering itt.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-05-20 13:15:50 UTC
Good.
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#38 - 2015-05-20 16:01:48 UTC  |  Edited by: GankYou
I've actually just came around to finishing reading the article Jenshae linked, heh.

Fourth paragraph onward - oh my... Such a snazzy operation, if it is the case, and is in fact the only setup that could function so overtly for so long in such a manner.

You know, lawful repossession of a stolen property is a WONDERFUL thing, and CCP hold All the Property. Cool
SilentAsTheGrave
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#39 - 2015-05-20 19:59:28 UTC
It is clear, and has been for many years, players need a gambling site. It just fits in with the game far too easily with the mood and lore. It is time CCP introduced an official gambling site that is accessible in and out of game. Do this and watch the RMT gambling sites wither and die. Great for CCP and the players.

Just want to point out in no way am I jumping on the band wagon that IWI is doing RMT. I'll wait till CCP releases something official.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2015-05-20 20:10:23 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
Bad internet lawyering itt.


Is there ever any good internet lawyering?
Previous page123Next page