These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Moon landing conspiracy theories

First post
Author
BLACK-STAR
#81 - 2011-12-27 12:26:53 UTC
Confirming indeed the moon is made of cheese. No moon rocks exist.
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2011-12-27 13:05:01 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
BLACK-STAR wrote:
Confirming indeed the moon is made of cheese. No moon rocks exist.

Yes the Italians stole the missing moon samples... to grate over pasta.

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

dan drorgar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2011-12-27 17:17:49 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
VKhaun Vex wrote:
dan drorgar wrote:
Moon rocks for example can be found on earth.

Shocked

Lol

Roll

Don't be so mean. Everyone knows that you can find Moon Rocks on Earth.

Astronauts brought a whole bunch of them from the Moon...

When they went there. =/

CNN
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#84 - 2011-12-28 04:17:47 UTC
I think that instead of worrying about the issue of the reality of the moon landing, we should be worrying about the reality or uncertainty of GHOSTS.

Yes.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2011-12-28 04:26:27 UTC
dan drorgar wrote:

Do you think a rock from an asteroid impact that has fallen through our atmosphere and sat in a desert for hundreds of thousands of years is indistinguishable from samples collected and brought back, or have you lost track of your own argument?

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

NaturalBeast
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2011-12-28 06:32:47 UTC
Yeah they went. Realized no oil, no McDonalds, no XXX websites and went home miserable.

Actually I think they saw something that freaked them out. Something that changed the course of history forever.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#87 - 2011-12-28 09:29:59 UTC
NaturalBeast wrote:
Yeah they went. Realized no oil, no McDonalds, no XXX websites and went home miserable.

Actually I think they saw something that freaked them out. Something that changed the course of history forever.

They found this?
Atticus Fynch
#88 - 2011-12-28 14:40:36 UTC
Quote:
NASA's Damning Admission, Wires, Fake Globe, etc.

Check out this stunning admission by NASA:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN3139657820080331

(Reuters) - Cosmic rays are so dangerous and so poorly understood that people are unlikely to get to Mars or even back to the moon until better ways are found to protect astronauts, experts said on Monday.

http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1496

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2011-12-28 15:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
I'm not arguing their forum posts for you.

Not because I'm lazy or don't want to help you, but because they (and you) argue only far enough to convince themselves. They don't take a thought all the way.

The top of his list for example about cosmic rays. These are a portion of the 'radiation' that we've talked about already. As stated before it has to do with the duration of time spent in space, specific solar events which pose danger, areas they pass through, etc. But the poster only states it's a damning admission that harm can happen. He's not stupid he just doesn't care to fully understand and it seems neither do you. You both just want to keep believing something so you take the discussion only JUST far enough to keep hope alive for your conspiracy and then stop short of finding out any real answers.

I'm not going to dance with you two steps forward and one step back all the way through astrophysics and I pity anyone who tries.

EDIT--
Also because no one liked my moon song. What?

dan drorgar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2011-12-28 17:17:40 UTC
VKhaun Vex wrote:
dan drorgar wrote:

Do you think a rock from an asteroid impact that has fallen through our atmosphere and sat in a desert for hundreds of thousands of years is indistinguishable from samples collected and brought back

Probbably not, but I'd doubt that the general public knows how, can verify the samples (those known to be from the moon directly) ... Indeed, apparently NASA sometimes gets away with handing out petrified wood and calling it "moon rocks". ;-)
Alara IonStorm
#91 - 2011-12-28 17:33:45 UTC
dan drorgar wrote:

Probbably not, but I'd doubt that the general public knows how, can verify the samples (those known to be from the moon directly) ... Indeed, apparently NASA sometimes gets away with handing out petrified wood and calling it "moon rocks". ;-)

They sent them to pretty much every Country around the world including the ones heavily invested in the Moon Shot not being true.

Every Science Private Institution has gotten time with these things. (No wonder they figured out their was a fake) So you can bet most of these things have been verified but really they only need to verify 1.

If the Moon Landing had been faked the Soviets would have detected it anyway and I bet they would not have been afraid to share that tidbit with the World.
Dibblah San
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#92 - 2011-12-28 20:52:16 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Quote:

(Reuters) - Cosmic rays are so dangerous and so poorly understood that people are unlikely to get to Mars or even back to the moon until better ways are found to protect astronauts, experts said on Monday.

Your links keep getting better and better, those first ones were awesome, but this new one is epic, I've already linked it to a few friends and they are pissing themselves.

I thought you were a garden variety fool, but you actually have more depth, I honestly think we could be pushing for a shoe size IQ.

Never stop posting.
Alara IonStorm
#93 - 2011-12-28 20:58:26 UTC
Dibblah San wrote:

Your links keep getting better and better, those first ones were awesome, but this new one is epic, I've already linked it to a few friends and they are pissing themselves.

I thought you were a garden variety fool, but you actually have more depth, I honestly think we could be pushing for a shoe size IQ.

Never stop posting.

I broke down at this.
Quote:
When will people wake up? Not everything you are told is true. Sheesh. People are so gullible and sheep-like and easy to fool.

And yes, many people can keep a secret. The NSA has 30,000 employees and none of them have spilled the beans on what the NSA does. There is no official list of accomplishments by the NSA. So many have kept a secret. Likewise, the Manhattan Project involved 120,000 people who all kept it a secret for years. Furthermore, remember that workers are compartmentalized on a need to know basis. Not every employee is given access to the view from the top. Duh. Only a small handful at the top know the big picture.

People are so dumb!

Face Palmed so hard I gave myself a Concussion.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#94 - 2011-12-28 21:03:58 UTC
dan drorgar wrote:
VKhaun Vex wrote:
dan drorgar wrote:

Do you think a rock from an asteroid impact that has fallen through our atmosphere and sat in a desert for hundreds of thousands of years is indistinguishable from samples collected and brought back

I think I could pick one out.
Dibblah San
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2011-12-28 21:16:20 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
When will people wake up? Not everything you are told is true. Sheesh. People are so gullible and sheep-like and easy to fool.

And yes, many people can keep a secret. The NSA has 30,000 employees and none of them have spilled the beans on what the NSA does. There is no official list of accomplishments by the NSA. So many have kept a secret. Likewise, the Manhattan Project involved 120,000 people who all kept it a secret for years. Furthermore, remember that workers are compartmentalized on a need to know basis. Not every employee is given access to the view from the top. Duh. Only a small handful at the top know the big picture.

People are so dumb!
Face Palmed so hard I gave myself a Concussion.

I know, the guy can make claims like that, especially about the Manhattan Project, Klaus Fuchs, George Koval??

HELLO.....

Keep reading though it's f**king hilarious.
stoicfaux
#96 - 2011-12-29 09:38:36 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Quote:

Did you even read the Reuters article? Firstly, it wasn't NASA who said it. Secondly, taking a single sentence out of context doesn't prove anything except to show that you (and Mr Scepcop) aren't even trying very hard.

"Given today's knowledge and today's understanding of radiation protection, to put someone out in that type of environment would violate the current requirements that NASA has."
"Any mission to Mars using current technology would take three years, van Hoften said. That long in space would subject astronauts to too much radiation ."

Long term exposure and current regulations about what constitutes acceptable levels of exposure are the problem. It's not like the article is stating that the Apollo astronauts should have died from radiation poisoning during the eight day round trip to the moon.

However, to be fair, I will give you (and Mr Scepcop) credit for quoting sources. So I'll see your "single, out of context sentence lifted from a Reuters fluff article" and raise you an article that actually has numbers in it *and* uses the word "rads" *and* appears to have more sciencey stuff than the Reuters article: BIOMEDICAL RESULTS OF APOLLO ... RADIATION PROTECTION AND INSTRUMENTATION

* "the maximum operational dose (MOD) limit for each of the Apollo missions was set at 400 rads (X-ray equivalent) to skin and 50 rads to the blood-forming organs" and
* "Radiation doses measured during Apollo were significantly lower than the yearly average of 5 rem
  • set by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission for workers who use radioactive materials in factories and institutions across the United States. Thus, radiation was not an operational problem during the Apollo Program."

• Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Max Von Sydow
    24th Imperial Crusade
    Amarr Empire
    #97 - 2011-12-29 10:00:20 UTC
    Posting in a moron thread.

also
    Alara IonStorm
    #98 - 2011-12-29 10:33:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
    Surfin's PlunderBunny
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #99 - 2011-12-29 18:07:44 UTC
    Alara IonStorm wrote:

That's why Luna decided to keep the moon up forever, so she could be with astronauts forever Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Kietay Ayari
    Caldari State
    #100 - 2011-12-30 14:49:51 UTC
    There is only one thing you have to tell people to prove we landed on the moon. You don't have to disprove anything or answer anything else. The fact of the matter is that any government on earth with radio technology could pick up the transmissions from the moon and triangulate where they were originating from.

So unless every single developed nation, INCLUDING the evil Russians, decided they wanted to help NASA pull off this hoax, it happened.

Ferox #1