These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What's your oldest ship?

Author
GordonO
BURN EDEN
#21 - 2015-05-15 02:40:25 UTC
I have also started cleaning house after only 5 years.. hoarder delux, and I have uncovered my condor from my first week of eve.. it has been safely stowed away for eternity :)
Sad part is the 100ish nano ribbons I kept which used to sell for 6,6mil each which now sell for 2,5 mil and a pithum A medium sb which costs 1bil and is now worth 300 mil Sad

... What next ??

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#22 - 2015-05-15 02:57:30 UTC
I have a condor from 2005 somewhere.

I have plenty of stuff I bought in 2010 around.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#23 - 2015-05-15 04:07:57 UTC
I think I've got a salvage thrasher from 2009 or so. Then again, you never actually know how old a ship you buy is.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Antihrist Pripravnik
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-05-15 04:16:42 UTC
Probably salvage Hurricane with large salvage tackle rigs.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-05-15 04:23:32 UTC

A Friend Ship with a Capsuleer named Carmen.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#26 - 2015-05-15 07:31:19 UTC
During my first two weeks play I lost a lot of frigates... My fourth or fifth Imicus (still a mining frigate at the time) was expected to have such a short lifespan that I called it Kenny (Oh my god! They killed Kenny!)...
I upshipped, probably to a Catalyst, and left Kenny in an Oursulaert station in October or November 2005... It's still there...
Hairtrigger
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-05-15 10:09:35 UTC
still got tons of smaller ships with lrg rigs fitted
Jack Jomar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-05-15 10:25:47 UTC
For me it's a coinflip between my lvl4 running raven, and my apotheosis shuttle.
The difference is, the raven still gets used. The shuttle just sits there as a hangar ornament.
Mister McQueen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-05-15 12:08:13 UTC
I have a Raven that I built in nullsec about 2 months after I started playing (2013). I used this for anom ratting, then brought it to highsec via wormholes and used it for lvl4 missions.

Just recently I've been using it in wormholes as bait and it's still intact.

First and only ship I've ever built and flew regularly.
Valkin Mordirc
#30 - 2015-05-15 12:20:01 UTC
I believe it's an old Merlin that I had since I started playing EVE. Back in 2013. Not old by most people's standards but it's been around since I started playing again.

I still have a Navy Drake sitting in Amarr. Though I dont think you should count POS ship hulls as much. For the life of me if anyone has a decent PVP fit for a Navy Drake please give me an excuse to get the damned thing blown up. =D
#DeleteTheWeak
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#31 - 2015-05-15 12:31:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Joey Bags wrote:
I've been a packrat my whole EvE career and have recently been traveling around EvE liquidating many of my assets. Mostly because I try looking for something I know I have somewhere and can't find it so I would end up buying another (I've misplaced more than a few battleships that way). Yes, I could have used filters but that's like three extra clicks but anyway...

I came across the third ship I ever owned (a wreathe) that I bought in June, 2008. It got me thinking how old is eveyones oldest ship? I left my wreathe in place with the trit I had in the hold just as a reminder of when I first got going. BTW I am frankly surprised at how much stuff I had (have) scattered around. I'll have to get me a new shiny with all the ISK...

I have a Machariel that is the 4th Mach I ever bought. I bought it for incursion running, got tired of that, used for for mission running, later I took it out to null sec to rat with, then re-rigged it for PVP (used it in alliance fleets instead of a Tempest Fleet Issue), eventually brought it back to empire to run missions with, and now I use it on an alt for Incursion Running.

In one fight in null I got down to half hull before I caught reps, and while doing an anomaly in null I got caught by a ceptor because I was stuck on a rock, and his buddies came in and got me down to 5% structure before my buddy in a remote rep Dominix and me were able to chase them off. I've decided not to press my luck further and keep it in high sec.

If you ever find yourself in an Incursion fleet next to beat up looking Machariel named "The Survivor", that'll be me Big smile
JackknifedII
The Congregation
Same Great Taste
#32 - 2015-05-15 13:28:53 UTC
I still own a Nidhogger I got in 2006. And it has been pointed, cyno'd on, chased, bumped off stations and even spent several hours AFK smartbombing.

The rusty shitbox just wont die.

These days I take better care of it in it's old age

Minmatar....we are generally unpleasant to be around....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC81MDW6dFa41VdNTt-pTl1Q

Always recruiting

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#33 - 2015-05-15 16:35:19 UTC
As I skill into better ships, I buy newer ships and sell the old ones. I try to only have a couple of ships per jump clone.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Neesa Corrinne
Star Tide Industries
Requiem Eternal
#34 - 2015-05-15 16:45:08 UTC
Tempest Fleet Issue that I bought with LP back in 2005. Back then it was a pretty big accomplishment and I could have sold it for over a billion ISK, but I just love the TFI model too much to sell my first one.

Every time they change the graphical model of it, I go back to where it's parked and sit in it to admire its majestic verticality.
IcyMind Arierep
Digital Chess Session
#35 - 2015-05-15 17:36:15 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
My oldest ship is a few days old. They don't last long. Twisted

This is a true Eve online pvper!!!
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#36 - 2015-05-16 12:49:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Moran
I still have the Mammoth from the time I received this:

Amarr Customs Officer wrote:
2004.12.05 14:26

Empire: Amarr Empire
Solar System: Kemerk
System Security Level: 0.8

Found Contraband:

Type: Spirits (x 91912)
Standing Penalty: 0.05
Fine: 46001956.0 ISK
Response: Confiscation

Total Standing Penalties: 0.05
Total Fines: 46001956.0 ISK
Summary Response: Confiscation

I think I have older ships stashed somewhere but for some reason that Mammoth is especially dear.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#37 - 2015-05-16 13:00:37 UTC
A horror fit Tristan (only 2011 or so) that was quickly abandoned for T1 module cruisers and battlecruisers.
I pulled up short of going full derp newbie and only got a battleship later when I wanted one to close worm hole exits.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#38 - 2015-05-16 13:05:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Magnum
My Ashimmu and Fleet Stabber both had large rigs until they were recently repackaged. I even got a couple kills with them, but never really used them in serious PvP.

One of my Pilgrims had large rigs until the ship stats changed and I switched them out for something else. This one has a few kills to it's name as well, but of course you pick your fights carefully with such a brick-like ship.

I sold off all my Highsec assets except for faction ships and my Pilgrims after joining Karmafleet, so I think the Pilgrim that had the large rigs is the oldest extant ship in my inventory, dating most likely to 2008. Actually, come to think of it, I doubt if any of the stuff I sold was older than that.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
DARKNESS.
#39 - 2015-05-16 15:56:57 UTC
My oldest ship is my Dramiel. I got it on the 2nd week playing, a day after I found another one that I gave away.

Whole story about it:
Here I am, trying out scanning for the first time, use a probe, scan down stuff, get my rifter, kill stuff, collect loot.
I feel pretty good doing this, then suddenly, while doing a dedplex with my rifter, I get my first escalation. I had no idea what
they were back then, but hey, it sounded nice, more people to kill for lewts!
so i run the escalation site, then continue to the next, the final site was in low sec however, and I had a feeling it was also above what my rifter could handle, so I ask a friend of mine who I asked to join me in Eve to come along. A few days before
this friend who likes to look at all kinds of stuff, had shown me the dramiel frigate and said WE NEED TO GET SOME OF THESE THEY ARE AWESOME!
And I had looked at the price and told her, it was going to take months to ever afford that.

We enter low sec, and run the final site, and the boss drops.. a dramiel BPC.
So my math went as follows: I could sell it and we'd both be 30M richer, which at the time was a LOT of money for me.
OR, we could build it and fly it, which was probably going to be a hell lot of fun. The last seemed like a much better option, so I build it and give it to her, making her very happy.

The day after that, I finally had learned how to fly a cruiser, so I equipped my mining cruiser, feeling very happy with it, as now I had missile launchers to shoot rats with during level 2 mining missions, and I no longer would have to dock up my burst ( back then a mining frig ), grab my thrasher or rifter and shoot the rats, before going back to mining.

I go into my first mining site, and after a little while, the rats appear. However, they weren't the regular rats, it was a dominion and 4 of his guardian buddies. one 'epic' battle later, with me being halfway in hull at the end, they are all dead, and I fly over to the dominion fully expecting just some ammo.

To my surprise, he was carrying a Dramiel BPC.
Obviously my good karma reward for making my friend very happy by building and giving her that other one, I built it, and I still have that dramiel today.

It's also fitted with my first bit of dedspace loot I ever found in a static plex, a 1MN B-type Gistii AB. I've upgraded the guns to tech 2, and upgraded the drones, but otherwise, it's all still got the same fittings as it got when I put it together.
I still take it out sometimes for a little spin. I used to use it to run a 1/10 plex that was in the area I now live in.
( and got myself a daredevil BPC that I still haven't built yet )

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Rain6637
NulzSec
#40 - 2015-05-18 09:17:07 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:

A Friend Ship with a Capsuleer named Carmen.

I said "awwwww"
Previous page123Next page