These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Missions - after the Basic Career Ones?

Author
Teryl Merlynne
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-05-15 20:00:52 UTC
I have a new Capsuleer who is trying to learn some Missions, instead just going Mining as I do usually.

I completed the Basic Military and then the Advanced Military Series.

What next please?

I tried to search for more missions but all I can find are the other Basic Missions in other skills and what appear to be a repeat of the same ones at another system 8 jumps away. Both groups are the same race, but seem to have the same titles as the ones I have done. I don't see any point in doing those as well.

Where can I find more missions please?

Not confident enough for Low-Sec yet, so preferably High-Sec only. I prefer PvE rather than PvP please.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-05-15 20:04:24 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
The next step should probably be the sisters of eve arc that being in arnon.
The agent is "Sister Alitura" and she can be found in "Arnon IX - Moon 3 - Sisters of Eve Bureau".

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Lilliana Stelles
#3 - 2015-05-15 20:36:33 UTC
You can use the agent finder to find all available agents that you can run missions for. In general all level 1 agents should be accessible to you regardless of standing. Also, check the "agents" tab of any station you dock at. It's best to do all of your missions for the same corporation so that you can unlock their higher level agents. Sisters of Eve and the faction Navys are the more popular corporations to mission for.

Not a forum alt. 

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#4 - 2015-05-15 21:11:54 UTC
Is it missions that you wanna do? After all the tutorials is there anything that popped out at ya?

I also run the SoE epic arc but I ended up enjoying exploration and running escalations.

@lunettelulu7

Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#5 - 2015-05-16 02:15:09 UTC
The agents you generally want to work for are the ones labeled "Security" if you're looking for a change of pace from mining. "Distribution" will also have some combat missions, but will also include a lot of stuff that's just as boring as mining, such as fetching maguffins from other stations, buying ore, etc.

Mining agents do the obvious.

Something else to maybe pay attention to is that every 15 missions or so you'll get offered a mission from a special "storyline" agent, which will also increase your reputation with the empire that the corp you're working for belongs to. This will be offered by the nearest storyline agent in the same empire faction, which means it may be a few jumps away and part of a different corporation.

You can use any type of personal standing to qualify for missions, only the highest counts-- so once you have 5.0 Gallente faction, for instance, you can run level 4 missions for any gallente corporation even if your corporation standing is 0.0. Similarly, if your corporation faction drops below a required level for whatever reason, usually your individual standing with agents you've worked for will be higher.

5.0 empire standing also unlocks a L4 epic arc for that faction, with more plot and faction gain and so on.

The last thing to look out for is LOSING standing while missioning. Blowing up an empire-affiliated ship or structure results in a loss of standing with that empire, and if you go too negative (-5.0) the navies will start coming after you in that empire's systems. This makes accepting combat missions against a faction's racial enemies problematic, e.g. if you are working for a Gallente corporation some of the mission offers will involve blowing up a hundred Caldari ships, and your Caldari faction will be tanked in short order.

The easiest way to avoid this is to simply decline missions marked as being against any empire faction (you can decline missions without penalty as long as you don't decline two within four hours of each other). The navies hating you isn't THAT big a deal, and you can also just roll with "screw you, Caldari" and do the missions anyhow, just be aware that you're doing it so it doesn't come as an unpleasant surprise if the Caldari navy jumps you while you're exploring later or something.

That's about all I can put in one post without going full wall o' text. Hopefully it's enough to guide your google and eve-wiki searching.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-05-16 13:10:33 UTC
Since you are newish to missions I would like to recommend that as you run lower level missions and get more confident with them try out different combat styles.

As they get easier for you to do use the opportunity to experiment with things like kiting versus brawling and speed tanking. Also play around with more tank or more gank and learn how break up larger groups of NPCs into smaller more manageable chunks.

As you go up in mission levels this experience will help you and especially once you start running level 4 and start getting burner missions.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#7 - 2015-05-16 15:04:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Like others start at level 1 missions and work up.
Some links to basic info to help.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Agent_Finder
https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Agent

If your going to run missions bookmark this site.
http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=missionreports

This section of these forums is an excellent place as well to get info and answers to questions.
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=248

A core concept of EvE is playing as a group.
For a new player starting into missions of any kind this is just as important as it is in any other area of the game.
Search around and find a corp that will help you. Yes it can be difficult and there are many corps that say they will help new players when they really do not so caution is advised. And remember there are many small corps in the game that might be excellent opportunities for a new play, corps that may not have the player time or other resources to advertise widely.

There are multiple chat channels in game that are dedicated to helping new players, being active in those is always a good idea as well. Since I spend time there helping I will shamelessly plug The Angel Project and then remind that there are many others.

Post here or even send me in game mail I will be glad to try and answer questions.