These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Where are my space containers?:o

Author
Ddolik
Bohemian Veterans
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2015-05-13 14:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Ddolik
Hello,

i used to live in geminate 5 years back and i used to have cargo containers in space, locked with password and anchored. After 5 years i went to geminate for fun and i remember i had some BMs there, so i visidited them and no containers in space... Did CCP changed or deleted them? Im sure they were anchored, because i had PW and stuff inside
EDIT: Giant secure container
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2 - 2015-05-13 15:01:43 UTC
Ddolik wrote:
Hello,

i used to live in geminate 5 years back and i used to have cargo containers in space, locked with password and anchored. After 5 years i went to geminate for fun and i remember i had some BMs there, so i visidited them and no containers in space... Did CCP changed or deleted them? Im sure they were anchored, because i had PW and stuff inside

Since a while back, any container that hasn't been visited for 30 days gets unanchored and then cleaned up per the normal rules of free-floating stuff in space.
Ddolik
Bohemian Veterans
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2015-05-13 15:07:51 UTC
oh noooo my scrap metals!!!! goddamit
but ty for aswear, atleast i know
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#4 - 2015-05-13 21:30:57 UTC
I am trying to imagine what space would look like if nothing was cleaned up ... ever.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#5 - 2015-05-13 21:35:59 UTC
2008-02-15 09:31 Dev Blog By CCP Prism X : The dustmen take to space!

Prism X wrote:
Anchorable Containers

Anchorable containers will from now on have a 30 day lifetime from last usage. This means that once you anchor a container it will gain an "Expires In:" attribute. If this container enters downtime with 0 days left it will be removed from space. Last usage is either when it was last anchored or opened. This means that as long as you take care of your space cache every month, it will be safe. However, if you leave an unanchored container it will be removed immediately the next down time. The same exception applies to anchorable containers as to generic junk (see below).

The Starbase Factor

To avoid disrupting logistics as much as possible, we decided to give Starbases a protective field from all Fedos, Dustmen and other factors which might remove your stuff. This means that both generic junk as well as the anchorable containers will not be removed if left in close proximity to Starbases. This is regardless of who owns the item, but keep in mind that leaving things outside enemy Starbases is probably not a good way to safeguard them and their content. This setup should allow for most heavily used item caches to remain useful, hidden caches will have to be maintained and abandoned caches will leave the game freeing up resources for us all.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2015-05-13 21:37:46 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
I am trying to imagine what space would look like if nothing was cleaned up ... ever.

Back in the day, there were these asshat wannabes that would anchor bubbles midway along major gate paths at what seemed like every .5 AU. They never caught anyone in them, but damned if they didn't camp those things every day in hopes that it would work at least once. The worst part about it, was that it was a long warp.. and your damn overview would freak the hell out the entire time as separate grids would load and unload every second. Thank god those things got wiped finally. Legend says a GM did it. But if that happened in every single system... ugh.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#7 - 2015-05-13 22:04:18 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:

belts used to be littled with cans,

old corp ads from long dead corps floated by gates

was pretty annoying tbh

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#8 - 2015-05-13 22:48:44 UTC
Ddolik
Bohemian Veterans
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2015-05-14 08:23:50 UTC

thank you my space friend, im no longer sad of loosing that containers
Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#10 - 2015-05-14 08:31:36 UTC
Players will also sometimes just scan and clean things up, 30-day limit or not. I get KMs for tractor beam modules that I stupidly leave in space all the time (because why run missions if you're not gonna do them the easiest way possible?).

So chances are they'd be gone by now regardless, just to keep the field clear for combat probing and because people sometimes get bored.
Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-05-14 10:03:46 UTC
Lost Greybeard wrote:
Players will also sometimes just scan and clean things up, 30-day limit or not. I get KMs for tractor beam modules that I stupidly leave in space all the time (because why run missions if you're not gonna do them the easiest way possible?).

So chances are they'd be gone by now regardless, just to keep the field clear for combat probing and because people sometimes get bored.

You can't scan containers.
So, as long as you have the container off-grid, no one's going to be able to destroy it without previously knowing where it is.
Isalone
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-05-15 13:35:11 UTC
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:
You can't scan containers.
So, as long as you have the container off-grid, no one's going to be able to destroy it without previously knowing where it is.

Depends on how far the container is from a place you can warp to. I have lost an important container once, had a warp-in 12k km away. Using dscan and some manual piloting I was able to slowboat to the damn thing.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#13 - 2015-05-15 22:25:48 UTC
Ddolik wrote:
Hello,

There has been some rumours about the containergremlings, they sneak upon stray contianers, engage the containers in a evil eatingfrenzy. So everytime a cointainer has been too long untouched in Space, these CCP gremlings ravage ur containers.