These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If Tranquility goes offline next week forever

First post
Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#41 - 2015-05-15 04:30:16 UTC
Finally finish reading the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

AngelFood
#42 - 2015-05-15 07:20:26 UTC
If those new icons are gone too then its a good thing.
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#43 - 2015-05-15 07:32:05 UTC
Start developing the Scrambler Rifle.

I'm serious.

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2015-05-15 08:05:44 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'd do the same thing I do when the servers got attack ed last year: Get a bunch of sheets of paper, make them into paper airplanes, write words like "Core Grand Admiral" and "Corpus Archbishop" on them. Then I'd got a bunch of rubber bands, sat back in my easy chair, and had my kids throw them in the air while I tried to hit them with the rubber bands. I made the kids give me 5 cents per hit to simulate bounties.

That's right, LIVING ROOM RATTING. If i can ever get 40 of my closest friends to come over and do the same thing with me one night, I'll call it LIVING ROOM INCURSIONS. And if I ever really start to miss EVE Online I'll just walk around outside with every dollar I have in a clear brief case and wait for someone to rob me, just like Freighter piolts do in game right now Twisted

EVE 4 EVER!

this is magic, ill probably dress up as a pirate and do some door camping

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#45 - 2015-05-15 08:19:44 UTC
play other games or some of us have real lives to enjoy...seriously get out more...Big smile
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2015-05-15 08:21:36 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
play other games or some of us have real lives to enjoy...seriously get out more...Big smile

i tried to go out once, heard my shield alarm on my afktar and thought fck that Cool

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#47 - 2015-05-15 08:46:30 UTC
I'm just going to leave this here.

In case you don't know what omgrawr is, I'm happy to say that your about to lose the rest of the day Twisted. Sort by top and enjoy Blink
Terianna Eri
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2015-05-15 10:45:55 UTC
Lupe Meza wrote:
Wouldn't be the first MMO to shut down on me, won't be the last. RIP City of Heroes ;_;

;_; o7
Dominique Vasilkovsky
#49 - 2015-05-15 10:53:36 UTC
I would uninstall the client and shout FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!
Jonathan Barnet
Raytheon Heavy Industries
#50 - 2015-05-15 11:10:34 UTC
I would go downstairs and introduce myself to the people that live down there, my family.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#51 - 2015-05-15 11:38:05 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
Hmm. maybe for some the right question would be: what if GD gets closed forever
NNNNOOOOOOoooooooooo.................Cry

Ahem...eh...yes...well....sorryaboutthat.....

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Solecist Project
#52 - 2015-05-15 11:45:04 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Big Lynx wrote:
Hmm. maybe for some the right question would be: what if GD gets closed forever
NNNNOOOOOOoooooooooo.................Cry

Ahem...eh...yes...well....sorryaboutthat.....

What would you do without me, right?

Right ??????

xD

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#53 - 2015-05-15 12:05:14 UTC
Fire up Blender, make EvE inspired models and then invade Second Life with a view to making a best-effort recreation of the game there.
Anyanka Funk
Doomheim
#54 - 2015-05-15 12:33:27 UTC
When eve ends I'll probably play more Pokemon.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#55 - 2015-05-15 12:56:25 UTC
I would dig my own posts and produce evidence that "I TOLD YOU SO". Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Jenshae Chiroptera
#56 - 2015-05-15 13:30:39 UTC
AngelFood wrote:
If those new icons are gone too then its a good thing.
Logging in just to see you in 3D.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#57 - 2015-05-15 13:32:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
I would dig my own posts and produce evidence that "I TOLD YOU SO". Lol

*In the year 2065*

Press Release: CCP , originally only a game company but more recently the "Corporate Government of the Dominion of Icleand" announced today that they are shutting down their founding Game "EVE Online" after 62 years in operation. CCP/Icleandic Dominion spokesman Falconis IV (A Clone of the original CCP Falcon, but with more psssshh) states "We had a good run, but with the advent of real warp drives and cloning, we've decided we don't need the Game anymore because we're gonna do this **** for realz now".

When reached for comment at his nursing home, long time EVE player and critic "Ishtanchuk Fazmarai" replied by shouting "I TOLD YOU SO, DAMN YOU PVP" while shaking his fist in the air. He died peacefully shortly afterwards.

In other news, Star Citizen entered super duper quadruple "almost there" Beta yesterday after only 51 years in development. The Ghost of Chris Roberts issued a statement from the nether world that said "now that we've reached our Trillion Dollar funding benchmark, we will be able to ship the game "Soon-ish"."
Zealous Miner
Doomheim
#58 - 2015-05-15 14:17:24 UTC
I would probably transform my EVE addiction into a healthy hobby based around collecting clown-related artwork.

Artwork like paintings of clowns, works painted by clowns, paintings of clowns possessed by the unavenged souls of their clown creators.

You know; a healthy hobby.

Fedo. Fedo? Fedo!

Solecist Project
#59 - 2015-05-15 14:38:02 UTC
Zealous Miner wrote:
I would probably transform my EVE addiction into a healthy hobby based around collecting clown-related artwork.

Artwork like paintings of clowns, works painted by clowns, paintings of clowns possessed by the unavenged souls of their clown creators.

You know; a healthy hobby.

Wow you look horrible.... why did you ruin your pic??

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#60 - 2015-05-15 14:40:41 UTC
Witcher 3 will be out by then, so I'd be able to delay a decision for a few weeks.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.