These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Drifter/Sleeper WHs exit to C1/C2 space Bad idea!!!

Author
Kaile Nefertiti
Extra Galactic Expeditions
#1 - 2015-05-12 04:52:16 UTC
New drifter/sleeper sites that are on the TestCenter look amazing and I can't wait to start exploring them. One problem I already see is that the high sec sites lead to a shattered system, with the only exit being another wormhole to C1/C2 space.

With the advent of the new frigate only wormholes, and the high prevalence of wandering wormholes, my small C2 wormhole corporation is already having trouble being able to use our home for anything but closing the incoming holes. My impression of low class wormhole space is that it is for starting corporations to learn the mechanics, get their feet wet, and enjoy some content.

I know the arguments will be wormhole space isn't supposed to be safe, we shouldn't be able to lock ourselves into our hole, but having more traffic than we already do is going to severely curtail what we are able to do in our home.

The naysayers respond that we shouldn't be able to lock ourselves in our home. The argument against that is alll these connections already exist, if you want to find us just keep scanning and eventually you'll find a K162 that will link to our system.

Please, please think about this before you add a great many new connections to C1/C2 space.
Kashadin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-05-12 04:57:59 UTC
You voiced a lot of the main reasons why it is prolly gonna happen in your post. SO I am just gonna point out a few thing from my perspective.

1) I don't see the new systems being that active, or C1 and C2 space being so restrictive, that you will see that many more people coming into your hole than you do now, unless I'm wrong about the interest (at least at first) of the new systems then you will just see more new people coming through, possibly even some you could recruit to help you grow, if you are interested in growing anyways.

2) The people who go into these hole from K-space will prolly look to get back to K-space and not wander around normal WHs, if they wanted to explore there they would have already. Meaning I don't see you getting too many extra people looking to kill you, just people looking to get out to K-space (meaning content if you enjoy hunting day-trippers)
Kaile Nefertiti
Extra Galactic Expeditions
#3 - 2015-05-12 06:46:32 UTC
That's the problem. The exit from the new content holes, exiting to low class WH space from all high sec means low class wh space will become riddled with more open holes than it is already. Not sure how we are "supposed" to use these holes, but adding more open holes won't create content at all, it will just force out the smaller groups from low class space since they won't be able to use their holes for anything if new exits open all the time.

I expect to have some open holes each day when I log in, but with the new unclosable frig holes and now these, expecting to see 5 or more holes in your system every day isn't that unheard of, and will force people out that don't have an army to help with the crashing.

Why add more connections to just low class space? Make these new holes exit into shattered wormholes instead. Problem solved.

Please don't ruin low ass space any more, it's getting almost unlivable for small groups already.
Kashadin
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-05-12 07:14:43 UTC
I still think you are over-estimating how people are going to react to the new holes.

Sure there is going to be a bit of a rush as "ooh shiny" takes hold of people, but after a few weeks it will die down. And that is assuming that anything comes from the new holes that makes em worth exploring. If you have to have a huge fleet to do the content, and then have to stuff that fleet into a WH, then get that fleet out, I could see this being a lot of build up to something almost no one is going to do.
Stacy Lone
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-05-12 11:58:08 UTC
I've lived in low wspace (c2 with c3 static) myelf for a long time in a small group. We were very concerned when shattered Whs and frig size whs were added. But you know what? It turned out not to be all that bad.

There isn't really anything bad that can come through those holes. put an alt as eyes on it and some bubbles, so that you can see what gets through. but most of the time frig holes arent used anyways, except from solo explorere which aren't dangerous.

Thsese new holes won't do at all. Sure, maybe there is an additional hole or two. So what. All that will come through them is solo explorers. Which means ppl you can kill.
Korgoroth
Canadian Forces Corp
United 4 Nations
#6 - 2015-05-12 12:06:20 UTC
I welcome the new content personally.

The more holes the merrier, and if there's a fleet coming in fresh from doing some drifter whatever, maybe we'll get some pew out of the deal also.
Jonn Duune
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#7 - 2015-05-12 12:13:49 UTC
I live in a c5, and it's damned rare in a day not to have 3 or 4 entrances come in other than static. To me it does provide more content, gives me a chance to pvp all over the place, or do logistics if needed.

I also used to live in c2s, and I know you can close a hole really quickly if you need to. Be it higgs rigged BS, or orcas, or whatever else. If you have a few people on it can be done in less than 5 minutes.

I don't see a problem with more connections in WH space.

My name is Jonn Duune, and I wholeheartedly support the message posted above.

Lev Ironwill
Dark Nebula Academy
O X I D E
#8 - 2015-05-12 16:06:43 UTC
My only problem with more wormholes is when they are uncloseable and linger through multiple primetimes, it's just plain annoying. I know that more often than not, nothing more than a single solo explorer will come through a frig hole, I've told people that myself, but you have to admit it's a bit obnoxious when every time you log on there a frig hole sitting there being pretty much useless.
Apex Bex
Port Jackson Shipyards
Minmatar Fleet Associates
#9 - 2015-05-12 23:57:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Apex Bex
Hardly anyone uses frigate holes effectively, I really don't know why they concern you. Explorers are just little shiney pinatas that you should welcome into your hole anyway. Moreover, four pilots in Higgs Battleships will close any connections to a C2 instantly, so you can bear it up when you need to. If it's mining that you want to do, four or five well fit and skilled Procurers can be pretty damn nasty. It's all about your mindset imo.

Stop thinking like sheep and start thinking like wolves.
Shilalasar
Dead Sky Inc.
#10 - 2015-05-13 06:03:06 UTC
Lev Ironwill wrote:
My only problem with more wormholes is when they are uncloseable and linger through multiple primetimes, it's just plain annoying.

Given the fact that from what I saw there will be 6 new Wh-systems with one C2 connection each I highly doubt it will have any impact at all. Frig Wh numbers are in 100+.