These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

NULSEC Trade Hub?

Author
Bliss Terona
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-03-25 15:26:20 UTC
Where were you when everyone was null sec?
...I was hed-GP where chribba bought and own ring


Null sec and trade is killl

no

and you???????????
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#22 - 2015-03-25 16:13:43 UTC
Conflict Engaged wrote:
Chevy Hakoke wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
First, the already-existing 'trade hub' is in Providence, so the sov holders aren't gonna kill you. Sure, people KOSed can kill you, but the pipeline from HS to Provi is usually roamed/guarded/protected by Provibloc. I have come across reds in Providence, but that is when I went too close to the border. Security would generally be not too much of a problem, if a real NulSec trade hub was issued in the region. Second, Thera is a terrible example. It's not held by anyone, and is mainly there for PvP. Also, 2m frigates would be of no fault of the trade hub, and if the hub was supplied, there wouldn't be such a problem at all.



Trade Hub means almost highsec level's of protection. Sec status does not fluctuate. The guy I was speaking about was almost killed in Y-M, thats the entrance to your "trade hub".

If a trader has to factor in survivability... he will prefer just going to Jita than risking billions, especially since security isn't really responsible for his safety

Trade hub means somewhere to buy and sell, not security. And if you're gonna bash about ProviBlock security then you should have a look at the state Brave's in: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyxmqA67tU


there are business that refuse to send cargo to some countries, not because the country is a bad place to sell in, but because of the lack of security. So why should they send their goods to a country where the goods wont make it there and be lost if the country cant make a secure route off their coast or borders why should you as a company owner send your goods there if they disappear?

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Conflict Engaged
Perkone
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-03-25 22:14:12 UTC
Agondray wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
Chevy Hakoke wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
First, the already-existing 'trade hub' is in Providence, so the sov holders aren't gonna kill you. Sure, people KOSed can kill you, but the pipeline from HS to Provi is usually roamed/guarded/protected by Provibloc. I have come across reds in Providence, but that is when I went too close to the border. Security would generally be not too much of a problem, if a real NulSec trade hub was issued in the region. Second, Thera is a terrible example. It's not held by anyone, and is mainly there for PvP. Also, 2m frigates would be of no fault of the trade hub, and if the hub was supplied, there wouldn't be such a problem at all.



Trade Hub means almost highsec level's of protection. Sec status does not fluctuate. The guy I was speaking about was almost killed in Y-M, thats the entrance to your "trade hub".

If a trader has to factor in survivability... he will prefer just going to Jita than risking billions, especially since security isn't really responsible for his safety

Trade hub means somewhere to buy and sell, not security. And if you're gonna bash about ProviBlock security then you should have a look at the state Brave's in: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyxmqA67tU


there are business that refuse to send cargo to some countries, not because the country is a bad place to sell in, but because of the lack of security. So why should they send their goods to a country where the goods wont make it there and be lost if the country cant make a secure route off their coast or borders why should you as a company owner send your goods there if they disappear?

Jump Freighters. Oh, and if we're referring to Provi still, NRDS.
Chevy Hakoke
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-03-29 23:01:43 UTC
Conflict Engaged wrote:
Chevy Hakoke wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
First, the already-existing 'trade hub' is in Providence, so the sov holders aren't gonna kill you. Sure, people KOSed can kill you, but the pipeline from HS to Provi is usually roamed/guarded/protected by Provibloc. I have come across reds in Providence, but that is when I went too close to the border. Security would generally be not too much of a problem, if a real NulSec trade hub was issued in the region. Second, Thera is a terrible example. It's not held by anyone, and is mainly there for PvP. Also, 2m frigates would be of no fault of the trade hub, and if the hub was supplied, there wouldn't be such a problem at all.



Trade Hub means almost highsec level's of protection. Sec status does not fluctuate. The guy I was speaking about was almost killed in Y-M, thats the entrance to your "trade hub".

If a trader has to factor in survivability... he will prefer just going to Jita than risking billions, especially since security isn't really responsible for his safety

Trade hub means somewhere to buy and sell, not security. And if you're gonna bash about ProviBlock security then you should have a look at the state Brave's in: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyxmqA67tU


The topic is "nullsec trade hubs" not having PL exclusively rekt your sov... if PL turned its eyes on Providence the same thing would happen, if not worse since you guys are a bit soft.
Chevy Hakoke
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-03-29 23:13:37 UTC
Conflict Engaged wrote:
Agondray wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
Chevy Hakoke wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
First, the already-existing 'trade hub' is in Providence, so the sov holders aren't gonna kill you. Sure, people KOSed can kill you, but the pipeline from HS to Provi is usually roamed/guarded/protected by Provibloc. I have come across reds in Providence, but that is when I went too close to the border. Security would generally be not too much of a problem, if a real NulSec trade hub was issued in the region. Second, Thera is a terrible example. It's not held by anyone, and is mainly there for PvP. Also, 2m frigates would be of no fault of the trade hub, and if the hub was supplied, there wouldn't be such a problem at all.



Trade Hub means almost highsec level's of protection. Sec status does not fluctuate. The guy I was speaking about was almost killed in Y-M, thats the entrance to your "trade hub".

If a trader has to factor in survivability... he will prefer just going to Jita than risking billions, especially since security isn't really responsible for his safety

Trade hub means somewhere to buy and sell, not security. And if you're gonna bash about ProviBlock security then you should have a look at the state Brave's in: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyxmqA67tU


there are business that refuse to send cargo to some countries, not because the country is a bad place to sell in, but because of the lack of security. So why should they send their goods to a country where the goods wont make it there and be lost if the country cant make a secure route off their coast or borders why should you as a company owner send your goods there if they disappear?

Jump Freighters. Oh, and if we're referring to Provi still, NRDS.


So one needs a 6 bil ship to do safe(ish) level trade in Providence? So its not a normal trade hub since the barrier of entry for safety is pretty high (not to mention needing a cyno alt). I could use Black Frog, or contact a hauling member of the occupying sov and have goods shipped out, all that without needing a cyno and 6 bil JF. So again nothing special about Providence's market.
Conflict Engaged
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-03-30 07:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Conflict Engaged
If the costs of distribution/logistics are a problem for you when trading, you're probably not trading anything worthwhile regardless of what hub you're at.
Chevy Hakoke
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-03-30 16:53:29 UTC
Conflict Engaged wrote:
If the costs of distribution/logistics are a problem for you when trading, you're probably not trading anything worthwhile regardless of what hub you're at.



So my your words, Providence is NOT a trade hub since a trade hub means I should be able to find/trade most things. And when you add the added risk involved (despite your "security") and the value of your space, its not worth the jump fuel to go to Providence.
Conflict Engaged
Perkone
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-04-01 00:35:26 UTC
Chevy Hakoke wrote:
Conflict Engaged wrote:
If the costs of distribution/logistics are a problem for you when trading, you're probably not trading anything worthwhile regardless of what hub you're at.



So my your words, Providence is NOT a trade hub since a trade hub means I should be able to find/trade most things. And when you add the added risk involved (despite your "security") and the value of your space, its not worth the jump fuel to go to Providence.

That's pretty much what I said in my first statement.
Sella Lesbon
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-05-12 11:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Sella Lesbon
such thing would be only possible if the system holders could buy sentry guns to place at gates and near station or have sizable fleet presence in each system patrolling. Otherwise - there always gonna be high risk. It's nullsec c'moon.

> Never do something to someone that you wouldn't like to be done to yourself.

Conflict Engaged
Perkone
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-05-12 14:42:37 UTC
Sella Lesbon wrote:
such thing would be only possible if the system holders could buy sentry guns to place at gates and near station or have sizable fleet presence in each system patrolling. Otherwise - there always gonna be high risk. It's nullsec c'moon.


There were standing fleets from what I remember, but obviously not strong enough. Still made a pretty penny though :)
Dustpuppy
New Eden Ferengi
#31 - 2015-05-13 08:51:55 UTC
Conflict Engaged wrote:

There are a lot of 'freeports' (disregarding bans on reds), but most freeports and hubs in Nul aren't 'proper' hubs. They either lack supply, or just don't have good traffic, but I do see hope, especially in ProviBlock sov, because of NRDS.


Is there a way to identify freeports (stations where you don't require special standigs to the SOV owners to dock) beside flying around and knocking at the door? Are all of them named "freeport" or are there exceptions?


lord xavier
Rubbed Out
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#32 - 2015-05-13 18:18:32 UTC
Nullsec trade hubs would not work. Stations gets taken by another coalition/alliance or standings get changed and now billions (or trillions) of isk gets locked up unable to be moved. You also look a how nullsec is one large ring. Things in provi wont get sold to people anywhere else. It is easier to just operate out of a centralized hub, such as Jita, then it ever would for a place on one tip of side of the map.
Previous page12