These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Launcher log in issues

First post
Author
SecretService
Secret Services
#1 - 2015-05-11 16:11:56 UTC
For a few weeks now, it very often asks me for the Character name (even within a 10min timespan) to be able to login - then it redirects me to introduce the password again.

No IP changed between those sessions.

That's first issue.

Second, more annoying, is that it asks me the same thing consecutively - most of the times twice in a row. So I have to type the user and password, then char name, then user & password, then char name, then user & password and finally PLAY.

I have to say that the character name is correctly inserted.

Why I wrote this post now.. because it asked me NINE times in a row!.. Probably not more than 2 mistakes typing.

CCP, that's terrible! Thank you
Llewelyn Fawr
1st Tax Avoidance Brigade
#2 - 2015-05-11 16:21:04 UTC
Also frequently getting stuck in a Log-in / Char name loop. Re-starting launcher sometimes fixes but often not.
Llewelyn Fawr
1st Tax Avoidance Brigade
#3 - 2015-05-11 16:41:40 UTC
Using the mouse to click 'Continue' instead of pressing Enter/Return fixed the issue for me!
(hugs to the GM who helped!)
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#4 - 2015-05-11 16:49:33 UTC
Launcher has its own cache, so sometimes it's the cache issue. You can try to clear the launcher cache by going to Settings > Advanced > Cache > Clear all cached data. There's an icon in the upper right corner of the launcher for settings.

Not saying it will solve your problems, but merely suggesting as one possible solution :)
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#5 - 2015-05-11 21:51:03 UTC
This thread has been moved to Issues, Workarounds & Localization.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#6 - 2015-05-12 06:27:21 UTC
I have been having the same issue

"not logged on from this ip before, enter char name"
taps in char name
loops back to password

then re loops whole thing, its happened a few times and been able to get in but twice it has just looped over and over again and i can't get into game.

the way i get around it that seems to work is log out of the forums, it does the same thing but actually accepts my input on char name and allows login then when i try the client it works ok.
Kira Kaliandra
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2015-05-12 06:53:17 UTC
Same here. Workaround is clicking with your mouse to log in instead of using enter. Works for me everytime.
Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#8 - 2015-05-12 11:14:11 UTC
Kira Kaliandra wrote:
Same here. Workaround is clicking with your mouse to log in instead of using enter. Works for me everytime.

i'll give this one a go next time it happens, thanks for the info
Cowboy BeBop Baal
Moon In Scorpio
#9 - 2015-05-12 13:44:33 UTC
Gorongo Frostfyr
#10 - 2015-05-12 15:16:14 UTC
Kira Kaliandra wrote:

This.
Yossarian Toralen
M and M Enterpises
#11 - 2015-05-12 19:20:44 UTC
Cowboy BeBop Baal wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=423833&find=unread

If you didn't get the character name request the bug they know about wouldn't be noticed, so the first problem they should fix is the IP not recognised bug. I've been getting the IP address message every time I log today.

Come to think of it I always get asked for a character name when I log onto the forum, although I never use a different IP address.
Jeven HouseBenyo
Vanity Thy Name Is
#12 - 2015-05-13 02:39:03 UTC
I'm not being asked to confirm a character name as though I was logging from a different IP.

However, starting today the Launcher is once again checking shared cache each and every login, this is an unwanted time sink when I'm switching accounts. It also requires I keep the mouse pointer over the Launcher window to do this make-work or it just sits there at 0.00% until I do the 'wiggle the mouse over login window' part of logging in.

I'd brought this up in a proposal to the current CSM, that one of the ongoing issues is a regularly breaking Launcher.

Seems it's still breaking....

>Jeven

Minny boat flyer, unofficial squeaky wheel.

'Game Ethics and Morality Monitor' I remember promises.

Snark at 11-24/7/365.25. Overshare? Yup.

Yes it's my fault. And if you don't staap it I'll do it again. ;-P

No you can't has my stuffs OR my SPs.

Odil Enskij
Cagey sloggers
#13 - 2015-05-13 04:24:58 UTC
repair.exe can't update
launcher can't update and don't check files before launch