These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

wh diplo channel

First post First post
Author
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#81 - 2015-05-10 12:36:42 UTC
Steven Hackett wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Steven Hackett wrote:
yes?

No. Discussions evolve. Deal with it.

That is cool, but then people should stop using the later discussion as arguments in the prior discussion... If people mix the discussions they aren't evolving it, they are just plain stupid and offtopic/derailing.

Many posts are being heavily misinterpreted in that way, yes.

But you've only got to read some of the posts in this thread directed in the opposite vein (e.g. "Suck it corbexx, you got what was coming to you!") to see what I mean. You see, both sides of the discussion are bringing corbexx's tenure as CSM and his change of corp into this discussion from page 1. As for whether or not a member of a big nullsec corp should be in a WH diplo channel I really don't think there's any argument there - of course they shouldn't be.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2015-05-10 14:24:49 UTC
Steven Hackett wrote:
So this entire discussion about what Corbexx has done for w-space and how good a CSM asset he is, is at least off-topic. At worst derailing for the discussion. yes?
Considering this entire thread didnt really have any real purpose or topic of discussion to begin with (beyond corbexx being unhappy and trying to force our hand - not realizing theres no hand to be forced), I think its ok for it devolve into .... whatever it has devolved into. Let people argue before the evil ISDs come...
NoobMan
Perkone
Caldari State
#83 - 2015-05-10 16:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: NoobMan
Jack Minton calling other people whiny was probably my favorite part of this thread))))))

Keep on doing you buddy! The stuff you say always gives me a smile. Maybe one day the Sandbox will conform to your ideals.

As far as the OP is concerned, you can White Knight all day long but it comes down to trust. In Eve trust is everything , I don't trust corebexx and don't want him lurking in a diplo/gossip/Intel channel. You can see he's already good at copy/pasting chat logs. Do you wanna have to worry about who he is linking logs to? He can just as easily make his own WH CSM channel and hold discussions and get feedback. If he has an eveo forum thread he wants feedback on we can put it in the motd.

To everyone else consistently debating about how whs should be, it's a massively multi-player SANDBOX. The rules and ideals and politics and alliances and what group is going to work together with xyz group is all up to the individual. There is alot of espionage, back room deals and hate going on. There is even a Religion! It's Eve and what makes the game so interesting. So if you want your own ideals, laws and honor/ bushido to be accepted and followed, you show gather up a large military power and enforce it. Your picketing and pitchforking on reddit and the eveo forums are never going to change WH politics.

Anyway Happy Mother's Day to the Moms! Erica Dusette aren't you a dude who role plays he has daughters or sisters or something? Anyway happy mothers day to you if your role playing today.

Operations Director of Hard K(n)ocks Inc.

Ripblade Falconpunch
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2015-05-10 16:20:11 UTC
NoobMan wrote:
Jack Minton calling other people whiny was probably my favorite part of this thread))))))

Keep on doing you buddy! The stuff you say always gives me a smile. Maybe one day the Sandbox will conform to your ideals.

As far as the OP is concerned, you can White Knight all day long but it comes down to trust. In Eve trust is everything , I don't trust corebexx and don't want him lurking in a diplo/gossip/Intel channel. You can see he's already good at copy/pasting chat logs. Do you wanna have to worry about who he is linking logs to? He can just as easily make his own WH CSM channel and hold discussions and get feedback. If he has an eveo forum thread he wants feedback on we can put it in the motd.

To everyone else consistently debating about how whs should be, it's a massively multi-player SANDBOX. The rules and ideals and politics and alliances and what group is going to work together with xyz group is all up to the individual. There is alot of espionage, back room deals and hate going on. There is even a Religion! It's Eve and what makes the game so interesting. So if you want your own ideals, laws and hono/ bushido to be accepted and followed, you show gather up a large military power and enforce it. Your picketing and pitchforking on reddit and the eveo forums are never going to change WH politics.

Anyway Happy Mother's Day to the Moms! Erica Dusette aren't you a dude who role plays he has daughters or sisters or something? Anyway happy mothers day to you if your role playing today.

I'd like to interject here and say that your avatar is terrifying. Like "threaten children that this lives under your bed if you don't clean your room" terrifying. My zipper just welded itself shut and went into hiding.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2015-05-10 16:28:01 UTC
Goonbexx

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah
J3rz11
Suddenly Carebears
#86 - 2015-05-10 16:37:08 UTC  |  Edited by: J3rz11
NoobMan wrote:

To everyone else consistently debating about how whs should be, it's a massively multi-player SANDBOX. The rules and ideals and politics and alliances and what group is going to work together with xyz group is all up to the individual. There is alot of espionage, back room deals and hate going on. There is even a Religion! It's Eve and what makes the game so interesting. So if you want your own ideals, laws and hono/ bushido to be accepted and followed, you show gather up a large military power and enforce it. Your picketing and pitchforking on reddit and the eveo forums are never going to change WH politics.

Want a name you can trust?
Noobman for CSM 11!
Lol

Corbex, the new chitas of WH space
NoobMan
Perkone
Caldari State
#87 - 2015-05-10 16:49:47 UTC
Ripblade Falconpunch wrote:
NoobMan wrote:

I'd like to interject here and say that your avatar is terrifying. Like "threaten children that this lives under your bed if you don't clean your room" terrifying. My zipper just welded itself shut and went into hiding.

Hey now. You don't like my speed racer helmet?

http://i.imgur.com/Ht3lc9q.png

When I bought the pilot 2 years ago I thought it was a dude. Until someone else noticed. I was like "why would someone make noob"man" a female...." I think the original owner was Russian.

Operations Director of Hard K(n)ocks Inc.

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#88 - 2015-05-10 17:04:00 UTC
NoobMan wrote:

When I bought the pilot 2 years ago I thought it was a dude. Until someone else noticed. I was like "why would someone make noob"man" a female...." I think the original owner was Russian.

He's rollin' in yaw wormholes, snatching yaw pilots up. So yall need to hide yaw Dreads, hide yaw Triage.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#89 - 2015-05-10 18:29:31 UTC
NoobMan wrote:
Ripblade Falconpunch wrote:
NoobMan wrote:

I didnt realise that was edgar winters

http://www.edgarwinter.com/gallery/ew.jpg
Erica Dusette
Division 13
#90 - 2015-05-10 20:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Erica Dusette
NoobMan wrote:

Mother's day was yesterday, duh.

I'm not a mother in real-life though, and neither is my character in the EVE one.

But happy mother's day to you and your flock, noob. Heavens knows your children would be lost without you.

Ed: And thanks for giving the case in point for me, jerk-circle is alive and well in w-space.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Nitris Denitrace
WeebFleet
Tsundere Triad
#91 - 2015-05-10 21:02:49 UTC
I'm not sure why you're calling me on Skype, Cobexx, you'd think a CSM member would be more partial to public debate.

I really do not know what this thread is about, why post logs of private convos and then ask for trust? Were you hoping to garner support from the WH community? Hoping that people would stroke your glorious CSM e-peen? You've got a lot of fuckin nerve, tea sucker. What amazing illusions of grandeur you must carry to believe that you have any right to be apart of this in any sense. You're not a diplomat, you're not a CEO, you're not even a ******* wormholer. And before you come back with the "I have alts" argument, having alts in different space does not make you a type of player. I have an alt in Highsec, am I therefore a highseccer?

Your CSM title means jack ****, whether you'd like to believe it or not. Just like everyone else you're a player with alignments, beliefs and agendas. You're not neutral and if you honestly believe this channel involves you in the slightest, you're incompetent.

It essentially broils down to this, Corbexx;

corbexx wrote:
axloth and noobman dont want me to be apart of this.

Nobody does. We don't want you here. Run away to the Imperium where you can roleplay someone who people give a **** about.

corbexx wrote:
hell regardless what some think i am trying to help w space.

No, you're not. You're attempting to advance your own(or whoever you're answering to) agenda.
If you really want to help wormhole space, the best thing you can do is step down from CSM and give us a rep that isn't a complete clown like the two we currently have.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#92 - 2015-05-10 21:10:03 UTC
Nitris Denitrace wrote:
I'm not sure why you're calling me on Skype, Cobexx, you'd think a CSM member would be more partial to public debate.

I really do not know what this thread is about, why post logs of private convos and then ask for trust? Were you hoping to garner support from the WH community? Hoping that people would stroke your glorious CSM e-peen? You've got a lot of fuckin nerve, tea sucker. What amazing illusions of grandeur you must carry to believe that you have any right to be apart of this in any sense. You're not a diplomat, you're not a CEO, you're not even a ******* wormholer. And before you come back with the "I have alts" argument, having alts in different space does not make you a type of player. I have an alt in Highsec, am I therefore a highseccer?

Your CSM title means jack ****, whether you'd like to believe it or not. Just like everyone else you're a player with alignments, beliefs and agendas. You're not neutral and if you honestly believe this channel involves you in the slightest, you're incompetent.

It essentially broils down to this, Corbexx;

corbexx wrote:
axloth and noobman dont want me to be apart of this.

Nobody does. We don't want you here. Run away to the Imperium where you can roleplay someone who people give a **** about.

corbexx wrote:
hell regardless what some think i am trying to help w space.

No, you're not. You're attempting to advance your own(or whoever you're answering to) agenda.
If you really want to help wormhole space, the best thing you can do is step down from CSM and give us a rep that isn't a complete clown like the two we currently have.

Quoting for posterity. This post explains perfectly why the CSM that wormholers deserve is no CSM at all. Pathetic.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Scott Ormands
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#93 - 2015-05-10 21:39:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Scott Ormands
Nitris, while I think its been made clear how many people feel about Corbexx's actions and I do agree with some of the things that have been said in this thread I am strongly disappointed that its devolved into such terrible (in more ways than one) insults, especially from a member of my own corp.

If you want public debate that ACTUALLY means anything you do not speak they way you have. You have no reason to assume his skype calls were anything other than an attempt to reach out to you to try to talk to you more in depth and personally about what you've made clear is a strong opinion, you seem to have taken it as an attempt on his end to silence you. I think many people would and have attested to his character as a whole and while we/you/whomever may not be pleased with his actions you cannot treat him as you have.

To Corbexx, we've only spoken once briefly and while I disagree with and am disappointed with your decision to run as the WH CSM rep and then leaving the space you represent shortly after inauguration I do still respect you and I'm sorry to see the level of disrespect and abuse you've received. Although if I ever see you in a fleet I'll probably call you primary <3.

~Scott Ormands
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#94 - 2015-05-10 22:32:41 UTC
Scott Ormands wrote:
I'm sorry to see the level of disrespect and abuse you've received.

I think this is the crutch of the whole thing, more than any simple rejection from a channel.

NoobMan wrote:

Don't listen to the critics, I actually like your portrait.

Could use a little tweak or two though.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James

LarcatOfZion
ANZAC ALLIANCE
Goonswarm Federation
#95 - 2015-05-10 22:54:59 UTC
Everyone defending corbexx ask yourself this, what has he done for w space since he switched to goons?

Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2015-05-10 23:27:27 UTC
LarcatOfZion wrote:
Everyone defending corbexx ask yourself this, what has he done for w space since he switched to goons?

Got Erica Dusette unbanned from the forums, not sure if this is good or bad for W Space.. but it was done.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#97 - 2015-05-10 23:30:45 UTC
Iyokus Patrouette wrote:
LarcatOfZion wrote:

Got Erica Dusette unbanned from the forums, not sure if this is good or bad for W Space.. but it was done.

Lol

More to do with my extended appeal I think. Though I do thank the folks like yourself who said they contacted corbexx about it and asked him to assist, not that CSMs actually have anything to do with it.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Alundil
Rolled Out
#98 - 2015-05-11 00:08:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
LarcatOfZion wrote:

By that metric there aren't any wh csm reps whatsoever. And most of the non wh csm reps are equally due to be removed.

Oooooooooorrrr you don't know what he might be working on as you're not actively trying to engage in discussion with him out if some misguided perception that wspace is some jilted lover.
Ooooooooooorrr he doesn't run things by you (nor do any of the other csm).

At any rate it's apparent that there's a non-zero number of space nerds buttmad over their space mascot switching jerseys or something. Hopefully you're enjoying your own tears, salty as they are.

Have fun with the rest of the circle jerk.

o7

I'm right behind you

LarcatOfZion
ANZAC ALLIANCE
Goonswarm Federation
#99 - 2015-05-11 00:31:26 UTC
Alundil wrote:
LarcatOfZion wrote:

By that metric there aren't any wh csm reps whatsoever. And most of the non wh csm reps are equally due to be removed.

Oooooooooorrrr you don't know what he might be working on as you're not actively trying to engage in discussion with him out if some misguided perception that wspace is some jilted lover.
Ooooooooooorrr he doesn't run things by you (nor do any of the other csm).

At any rate it's apparent that there's a non-zero number of space nerds buttmad over their space mascot switching jerseys or something. Hopefully you're enjoying you're own tears, salty as they are.

Have fun with the rest of the circle jerk.

o7

Asking a question isn't tears, sorry to disappoint.
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2015-05-11 01:19:43 UTC
J3rz11 wrote:
NoobMan wrote:

Want a name you can trust?
Noobman for CSM 11!
Lol

Corbex, the new chitas of WH space

Because he doesn't have toons in PL... sure

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant