These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Trit Prices Dropping

Author
Maverick Tiberius Kirk
VEN0M0US.
Out of the Blue.
#1 - 2015-05-04 12:39:39 UTC
Tritanium Prices in Jita, Rens, Amarr and other major hubs have dropped. Myself a frequent miner have noticed this. I am a nullsec miner/manufacturer so I have a cushion of isk to sit back on. But I have noticed quite a few new pilots and corporations going under because the prices of hi sec minerals have dropped Trit has dropped almost 30 cents this is a huge drop. What do you think the fate of the hi sec minerals are? And will hi sec mining corps be able to keep making income?
Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#2 - 2015-05-04 12:46:21 UTC
No seriously. I swear we care. This is a discussion worth having.
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#3 - 2015-05-04 12:52:08 UTC
Economy is a stable *****, if you'd pardon my language.

If this was a matter about Veldspar, and thus Tritanium literally disappearing from high security space, then it would be something to worry about.

High security mining operations will merely have to adapt - either work more, lower their standards or move on to greener pastures. There's a number of organizations providing security contracts for mining in their controlled lower security areas.

C'est la vie.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#4 - 2015-05-04 14:10:38 UTC
Tritanium is still worth more than when I became a capsuleer, and by a sizeable margin too.
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#5 - 2015-05-04 17:04:18 UTC
I blame CODE, if they were doing their job this wouldn't be a problem. Go blow up more miners, James, you slacker.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-05-10 07:31:58 UTC
Meh, the market prices are never fixed. Go mine something more lucrative if there's way too much tritanium flooding the market and driving prices down.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Jvpiter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-05-10 23:37:07 UTC

Feel free to use some data next time. Don't be shy.

http://eve-marketdata.com/price_check.php?type_name_header=Tritanium

Call me Joe.

Quattras Peione
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-05-11 07:03:58 UTC
The two trends you note here - dropping Trit prices and small mining ops folding - are signs of the market correcting itself. When the price was high, interest in mining rose and more pilots turned to mining for their income. As their mined minerals flooded the market, prices dropped. Thus fewer pilots interested in mining. This is a cycle that has repeated itself since the first days of man making stuff out of rocks. Nothing to panic over.

Dr. Quattras Alvar Peione

No, I'm not that kind of doctor.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-05-11 07:17:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Quattras Peione wrote:
The two trends you note here - dropping Trit prices and small mining ops folding - are signs of the market correcting itself. When the price was high, interest in mining rose and more pilots turned to mining for their income. As their mined minerals flooded the market, prices dropped. Thus fewer pilots interested in mining. This is a cycle that has repeated itself since the first days of man making stuff out of rocks. Nothing to panic over.

This pattern is as ancient as economy itself. The pattern emerged from the days when man discovered that he can trade wheat for fish. When there's more wheat than there is fish, the value of fish in wheat increases, and vice versa.

Of course, there's also that thing where there was only one fisherman and he withheld his supply of fish so he can exploit the amount of wheat he can get for each fish he trades, but that's another story for another time (just to spoil you, it involved pitchforks in the end).

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.