These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[News] The Scope – Hilen Tukoss Broadcast Revealed

Author
Morgana Tsukiyo
Samsara Dynamics
#61 - 2015-05-08 18:57:50 UTC
Deceiver's Echo wrote:
Many see an invasion. It is more likely a migration.

As the message was from Hilen Tukoss, perhaps looking at his older message with these new points of information could put new light on the situation.

The question; what other piece of information are we missing? What is the entirety of what has been hidden from us?

Exaclty.

I´m impressed that even with all the cyberimplants and knowledge imediatelly available, our kind are stiil impressionable like a regular citizen.

There is an agenda operating here, until we have proper information, we´re only pawns for secret kings and queens.

All with the illusion of free will.

Join Project Transcendence.

Applied technology for the enhancement of human experience.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#62 - 2015-05-08 19:03:29 UTC
With all due respect, a Sansha loyalist with the name 'Deceiver's Echo' doesn't seem like the most trust-worthy or reliable source of ideas on how we should comport ourselves seeing as, well, y'know, the Sansha continue their years-long campaign of forcible abduction and enslavement against baseliner populations across New Eden.

Just saying.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#63 - 2015-05-08 19:03:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nakami Saans
Makoto Priano wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:

Eventually we will be able to navigate them. It's only a matter of time, but the first wave of Capsuleers through those wormholes shouldn't be the vanguard of an invasion of our own.

Did you get the corporate mail, Ms. Saans? Initial planning is underway. We can only hope that the Sisters or the Society of Conscious Thought will disseminate the means to traverse these wormholes. If my theory is correct, the Sisters already can.

I did. I'm very excited at the prospect. I'll reply with my stats when I get a chance!

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if the Sisters could. They seem to always be one step ahead of the rest of us.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Deceiver's Echo
Imperial Rite Mission Rens
#64 - 2015-05-08 19:15:04 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
With all due respect, a Sansha loyalist with the name 'Deceiver's Echo' doesn't seem like the most trust-worthy or reliable source of ideas on how we should comport ourselves seeing as, well, y'know, the Sansha continue their years-long campaign of forcible abduction and enslavement against baseliner populations across New Eden.

That is not relevant to the Drifter Threat. If such a connection is formed, then perhaps I will remove myself from the discussion as a conflict of interest. I also believe that forcible enslavement is not an optimal path to Nation's goals.

Until such time as it is proven otherwise, I will operate under the assumption that if a Drifter threat exists, it threatens the entire Cluster including Sansha's Nation assets and operations.
Quote:
Just saying.

Understood. Your candor is appreciated, and I hope through my interactions here I may alleviate your concerns.
Captain Davison
Malachi Keep Detachments
#65 - 2015-05-08 19:15:06 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Maxemillian Caldera wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Kerena Alabel wrote:
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.

And this is what we must avoid at all the cost.
Fighting on one more front will be incredible straining on the economy.

First we must defeat the Federation.

Diana Kim when will you let your close-minded hatred be put aside for a moment to look at the bigger picture, we have a possible threat to all four empires nearly on our doorstep and all you can think of is petty militia wars.

Look, you gallentean bootlicker, if I say my word against your corrupted inhuman criminal regime, it doesn't mean I am close-minded, in fact I am breaching the light over your lies and gallentean propaganda.

People must learn both sides and not suck your crap about democracy and propaganda. Your time is over, gallentean, soon you all will be deal with. We WILL bring justice to you
WITH FIRE AND STEEL

Lady, dude.

NOT HELPING. Now is not the time for our petty squabbles, when we're facing down the barrel of the biggest doomsday ever built. Yes, Kim. We know you have a hate-on for the Gallente. Please stop shouting it for a few days and focus on the enemy that wants to kill ALL OF US. Maxi-whatever your name is, stop provoking other people. Third person.... less of that.

Captain Davison
Malachi Keep Detachments
#66 - 2015-05-08 19:15:53 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Maxemillian Caldera wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
Kerena Alabel wrote:
This is preparation for an invasion we must unite and crush them all. Destroy the drifters.

And this is what we must avoid at all the cost.
Fighting on one more front will be incredible straining on the economy.

First we must defeat the Federation.

Diana Kim when will you let your close-minded hatred be put aside for a moment to look at the bigger picture, we have a possible threat to all four empires nearly on our doorstep and all you can think of is petty militia wars.

Look, you gallentean bootlicker, if I say my word against your corrupted inhuman criminal regime, it doesn't mean I am close-minded, in fact I am breaching the light over your lies and gallentean propaganda.

People must learn both sides and not suck your crap about democracy and propaganda. Your time is over, gallentean, soon you all will be deal with. We WILL bring justice to you
WITH FIRE AND STEEL

Lady, dude.

NOT HELPING. Now is not the time for our petty squabbles, when we're facing down the barrel of the biggest doomsday ever built. Yes, Kim. We know you have a hate-on for the Gallente. Please stop shouting it for a few days and focus on the enemy that wants to kill ALL OF US. Maxi-whatever your name is, stop provoking other people. Third person.... less of that.

Maxemillian Caldera
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#67 - 2015-05-08 19:17:44 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

WITH FIRE AND STEEL

I will not be threatened with "justice" because of the empire I was born into, especially not by someone who looks no older than 14. You brought your unwarranted aggression and anger into this discussion about something completely unrelated to Gallente-Caldari relations. I repeat my previous statement, that their are pressing issues at hand than your petty hatred.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#68 - 2015-05-08 19:18:41 UTC
Pilots, please just ignore Kim. She's a tired old sideshow, and one I'd rather not have dragged around when we have more important matters to deal with.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#69 - 2015-05-08 19:25:49 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Pilots, please just ignore Kim. She's a tired old sideshow, and one I'd rather not have dragged around when we have more important matters to deal with.

Agreed.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Markus Error
Manfios
#70 - 2015-05-08 19:32:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Error
While it seems the Drifters aren't a straight-up threat, if they and the Sleepers are one and the same, that could change very, very quickly.

So how's about we quit arguing if the people whose heads capsuleers have pulled implants out from are hostile and err on the side of kicking ass, hm?

"If it cannot be shot the #### down, it can always be blown the #### up."

-Unknown

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#71 - 2015-05-08 19:38:52 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:

Oh, who would ask about being ignored by not a wide-known honorless coward and liar like Makoto.
Unlike you, coward, I am ready to answer for any of my words and stand for them and for the State with weapons in my hands, disregarding my own life.

While you didn't had courage just to meet a single woman, whom you was lying about.
You are a disgrace, Makoto. Shame on you.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Maxemillian Caldera
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
#72 - 2015-05-08 19:39:51 UTC
I am quite sorry for losing my temper, I'm going to begin conducting a search of various systems in my area for any Drifters and watch their movements, perhaps it will shed some light on this development.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#73 - 2015-05-08 19:41:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Freelancer117
http://i.imgur.com/ytxYA8k.jpg

Drifters have been busy, Dr. Hilen Tukoss was clearly seen in a Buzzard and my locater agent said he was "well out of my zone of influence". Meaning what we saw could definitely be a staging site / system for the Drifters and the structure is possibly a Station.

On May 8th 19.00 eve time I checked the Eram system (Arek'Jaalan site) and Elgoi system (Eifyr and Co. HQ),
with no results on the overview, d-scan, combat probes or local about any Drifters.

Stay Vigilant !

PS: In a fight try to use EM damage as your primary, Drifters have poor resistance against them Cool
they would no doubt have improved their Sensor Strenght after my last encounter with them, use ECM on your own risk.

source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/capsuleer-fleet-engages-new-drifter-threat/

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Chev Hekki
Bear Bones Brigade
#74 - 2015-05-08 19:50:32 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
It looks like an invasion task forces.
Some idiots has stolen their corpse and did autopsy, I think we can still stop this by detaining all these idiots, who participated in such "study" with corpse acquiring and give them to drifter.

I believe it will be wise to avoid direct confrontation with drifters now at all cost. Fighting on one more front will become incredibly straining for our economies.

At least if the conflict will start, we will know who were guilty in this and they can get proper punishment.

I'm not sure that the autopsy has much to do with this to be honest, preparation of a fleet that size would take quite some time and Tukoss has been trying to warn us for quite some time too. I have a feeling we as capsuleers may have to set aside our differences and prepare to face a common threat to protect the peoples of all of the Empires.

I agree we shall unite under one banner with a common goal ... survival. All differences to one side, wars and petty squables on hold if we are to push back against these monstrosities.

Remember friends if it bleeds we can kill it.
Sahriah BloodStone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#75 - 2015-05-08 19:54:43 UTC
Silvox Lunae wrote:

When one undertakes an action, it must be decisive, unified, and swift. While I may not agree with the active witholding of now pertinent information, I can understand why they did so. Capsuleers have proven unpredictable, capricious, and unreliable in unification. Without any central governance and an inability to enforce structure without the threat of force, were this information released earlier we would see, much as we do right now, individual parties of capsuleers attempting to engage the Drifters immediately and calling for increased hostile aggression despite knowing little about their supposed foe. The actions of capsuleers have been causing tensions with the Drifters, which has not been welcome by the DED or any of the empires who would rather understand the nature of this so called 'enemy'.

I can understand that line of reasoning, Capsuleers are unpredictable at best. I do however disagree with the notion that the Drifters have yet to prove themselves hostile.

If i walked on to your ship, raided your quarters for information and scanned all your equipment, electronic files and crew members all while refusing to communication to you my intentions, i am most assured you would consider me hostile.

If you then find me amassing a fleet of ships after i have just shown myself to be analyzing your defenses, and still consider me not hostile you become easy prey.

We have two options
1. We can either sit in ignorance and pretend this isn't happening. The end result here is that we will be easily and quickly overwhelmed.
or
2. We can prepare the populace for a possible incursion from the Drifters, some Capsuleers may go and antagonize them but we will stand a far greater chance of survival in the long term.

IF the Drifters had attempted communication with us, your points would be valid. As they have not, it is unreasonable to assume that it is our fault for 'causing tensions'.

Sahriah Bloodstone

No.Mercy // Triumvirate

"Never underestimate your enemy or disrespect its abilities. If you do, you shall become the hunted "

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#76 - 2015-05-08 20:08:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyrel Toov
While I would normally be all for X'ing up for fleet to burn this threat out of the sky, I'm going to have to sit in the caution camp for now. Don't get me wrong, I love a good brawl as much as the next guy, but I like to know a bit about my opponents first...

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#77 - 2015-05-08 20:28:32 UTC
Captain Davison wrote:

You see, the problem is that it is gallenteans and sansha are ones who want to kill us all, and who were actually doing this during last years. While since appearing of the Drifters they were taking defensive stance.

The only offensive actions Drifters have taken are against these self-proclaimed "scientists", who were poking them with sticks.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Sinjin Mokk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2015-05-08 20:33:37 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:

Generally:

Pilots, respectfully, please bear in mind that this is probably old footage. If that's so, this is the way it's been all long. We knew the Drifters had small patrols scattered across a wide area; there would always have looked like a worrisome number of them if they gathered in one place.

This isn't a new threat. It's an old threat. It gives us some useful intel, but it's, respectfully, not a reason to panic.

It might even be a reason to exercise restraint. It looks like the Drifters have been doing so, after all.

... I would really like to know what that "structure" is.

Agreed on many levels.

The footage may be old. The ships we see in the footage may be Drifters we've seen scattered around. Or they may be a new fleet crewed by our corpses.

Yet again, what we don't know speaks louder than what we do know. But now we have proof that CONCORD has been withholding information vital to our survival.

DED wants this footage to go away? They want to detain the reporters and try to plug the leaks?

Not going to happen.

Angels...are never far.

"Angels live, they never die, Apart from us, behind the sky. They're fading souls who've turned to ice, So ashen white in paradise."

Silvox Lunae
Perkone
Caldari State
#79 - 2015-05-08 20:46:24 UTC
Sahriah BloodStone wrote:

I can understand that line of reasoning, Capsuleers are unpredictable at best. I do however disagree with the notion that the Drifters have yet to prove themselves hostile.

If i walked on to your ship, raided your quarters for information and scanned all your equipment, electronic files and crew members all while refusing to communication to you my intentions, i am most assured you would consider me hostile.

If you then find me amassing a fleet of ships after i have just shown myself to be analyzing your defenses, and still consider me not hostile you become easy prey.

We have two options
1. We can either sit in ignorance and pretend this isn't happening. The end result here is that we will be easily and quickly overwhelmed.
or
2. We can prepare the populace for a possible incursion from the Drifters, some Capsuleers may go and antagonize them but we will stand a far greater chance of survival in the long term.

IF the Drifters had attempted communication with us, your points would be valid. As they have not, it is unreasonable to assume that it is our fault for 'causing tensions'.

You refer to the scanning actions made by Seekers and Drifters. Your interpretation is that of an invasion of privacy and personal boundaries, yet there are a number of facts you should consider beforehand.

1. Drifter technological superiority is undeniable. Examples of such include the fitting of doomsday weapons on their battleships, the artificial generation of wormholes, sophisticated armor and electronic systems that resist scanning attempts and all known damage profiles, and layered shielding and electronic warfare packaging.

2. Given all of the above facts, if the Drifter's original intention was military conquest against the Empires, they would already have done so with overwhelming force. With their uninhibited access to Anoikis and superior weaponry alone, they could have struck the logistical centers and strategic locations of all Empire space simultaneously.

3. Given statements 1 and 2, the fact that they have yet to destroy Empire assets and only destroy capsuleer assets when aggressed points to an objective tangential to interpretations of war. Moreover, while they have shown military posturing maneuvers, it has only been against the Amarr empire. Even in these shows of implied force, they have not destroyed Amarr assets unprovoked.

4. Many cite that the Drifter's lack of response to our communication attempts is somehow associated with clear acts of aggression. I would instead consider a difference in cultural paradigms. It is clear that the Drifters are technologically advanced, far beyond any level capsuleers and the 4 primary Empires have managed to achieve. This level of advancement implies a radically altered developmental circumstance. It is highly likely that such a divergent path would result in different communication methods and interpretations of communication.

When Achura was first discovered by Suukuveesta, the delegates that met with the ruling were unfamiliar with our customs. Many offers of hospitality by both sides were outright rejected as offense and a blatant disregard for what were thought to be self-evident rules of acceptable behavior.

When an Amarrian first encountered another who did not share his faith, such thoughts were inconceivable, heretical even. Every encounter with a culture we do not understand is intertwined with assumptions of how one's way is superior to the other.

However, do not mistake my considerations here as a belief that Drifters are in fact benevolent or have intentions that will benefit the Empires. Consider the farmer who cultivates his crops and reigns over his field (I do not know how many capsuleers know of the old traditions, but Achura still has such farmers). He has seen them grow and harvests them at his leisure. The insects and animals that cross his fields or dwell within them are paid little mind, until they begin to harm his crops or his land. Then they are removed and stamped out with great vigilance until his land is safe once more. On his walks through his fields, so long as they leave him and his crops be, he will note their presence and nothing more. The farmer's works come first, and the benefits and safety the insects and animals find are secondary as a result.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#80 - 2015-05-08 21:04:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Makoto Priano wrote:
Updated original post with the DED response.

[edit] It appears the DED has detained Lina Ambrose and an unnamed Eifyr employee under corporate espionage legislation. Hm. Mixed feelings on this. In the first place, Eifyr's employee should be charged and prosecuted under appropriate Republic law; on the other hand, the Scope is a Federation-based corporation, and CONCORD's purview does allow for involvement in international affairs.

In full, though, I dare say the DED and the Sisters have rather more they should tell us about the Vigilant Tyrannos, who they may well have known about for some time; perhaps, for instance, they can confirm that these are indeed decisively not a Jove Directorate-based group, and thus not a CONCORD signatory.

There is certainly a coverup here and I will bet the Sisters would know more about this than the DED.

As for the threat from the Drifters - that remains to be seen. We have yet to see what the Drifters will be a threat to. They have not been openly hostile. Their behavior is more paranoid, as if they have some other objective but only respond to interference. They have also not made any statements of intent or threats.

I recommend to continue giving them a wide berth and perform research outside of their awareness and off their radar. It certainly appears they have a system likely near Thera but only they control the worm holes. For years, before the Jove apparently collapsed, no wormholes ever opened into Jove space. The Drifters might have gained this ability to lock out a system from "wild" random worm holes while being able to generate their own to wherever they would like to go - pretty much what Sansha forces have already accomplished.

For all we know we might see a day when Drifters feel ready to communicate. Their objective may be to recover useful Jove tech and redeploy it for their own use. Given the nature and history of the empires - and the capsuleers who see profit over everything - the Drifters may have decided to build formidable military capability as a means toward leverage and self defense.

Attempts to communicate with the Drifters need to be stepped up. How this can be done, I do not know.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!