These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wormhole Stabilisers

Author
Jezza McWaffle
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#1 - 2015-05-07 02:05:46 UTC
Venturing into the new holes and checking out all the anoms, can confirm CCP is introducing WH stabilisers Cry

http://i.gyazo.com/f2a674a154bddf8fa0ffb8facf4d7b20.png

See line 2

Wormholes worst badass | Checkout my Wormhole blog

Newt BlackCompany
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-05-07 05:35:06 UTC
Yeah, I heard that the Jove have WH stabilizers. Just as long as the blue donut guys don't get them, we should be ok.
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#3 - 2015-05-07 08:08:28 UTC
wormhole stabilisers will only extend lifetime of wormhole and they would be set of two anchorable structures on wormhole first power array second wormhole stabiliser itself
Tol Vir
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#4 - 2015-05-07 10:54:46 UTC
Newt BlackCompany wrote:
Yeah, I heard that the Jove have WH stabilizers. Just as long as the blue donut guys don't get them, we should be ok.

Joking I hope, if not I fail to see how they will affect us more than anyone in such a way that you dont want us getting them
Viggo Konstanin
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-05-07 12:18:39 UTC
If they are targetable, I like the idea of people trying to build empire, then some douchebag coming along and bringing it all crashing down with a couple of bombs.

Tear generation is what it's about, right?
HTC NecoSino
Suddenly Carebears
#6 - 2015-05-07 12:43:59 UTC
They'll only work on the man-made D-space wormholes (Drifter-space).

Wait! What if the J-### stands for.. Jove... Attention

Anyway, the stabilizers should only work on the created D-space holes, not J-space ones.

CCPlease confirm.
Tol Vir
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#7 - 2015-05-07 12:59:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Tol Vir
My Thought about the structure in the Drifter holes was that they will be the basis for the reverse engineering of player stargates.

As for WH stabilizers have the ability to create a permanent hole is dumb and shouldn't happen, What I am happy for is that structure can be put up in a WH (limit one per J system) to fix the spawn point of a hole, e.g Put on us and its where you static always spawns or when a WH spawns if that structure doesn't have a hole it will spawn there.

With more thought it will most likely be a bad idea or could be too powerful to let a WH corp dictate where for instance there static always is but might make for interesting fights.
Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#8 - 2015-05-07 14:29:25 UTC
stupid idea. plain and simple.
Newt BlackCompany
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2015-05-07 14:45:09 UTC
Tol Vir wrote:
Newt BlackCompany wrote:

Joking I hope, if not I fail to see how they will affect us more than anyone in such a way that you dont want us getting them

Yes, that was a joke. I'm happy for the Jove to have them, but players shouldn't.

WH de-stabilizers might be ok tho.
Tol Vir
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#10 - 2015-05-07 14:51:54 UTC
Ghenghis Kralj wrote:
stupid idea. plain and simple.

Being able to make WH's to create and control a WH i agree it is a stupid idea and short or rolling a static to spawn a new one I dont believe players should be able to control the hole, But if the structure comes into the game to affect WH's out of the options of create and control or dictate where your static spawns, I would much rather the structure control the spawn point that allow players to create and control holes that much.

But anyway this is all hearsay and guesswork at the moment, its just a structure in the game and we have no clue what It will actually do if anything later one.
trevormax
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-05-07 16:19:08 UTC
Jezza McWaffle wrote:
Venturing into the new holes and checking out all the anoms, can confirm CCP is introducing WH stabilisers Cry

See line 2

I see no mention of a WH stabilizing mechanism in that description.

From what little information you can gather you surmise that a stabling mechanism of some sort is needed for it to be safe to venture through the wormhole.

I would surmise that as you pass through the wormhole, you will encounter unicorns and you need a stabling device to stable them in order to pass through. Not just any unicorns though. These would be the fearsome war unicorns belonging to Bob the wormhole god.
Shelby Dusette
Division 13
#12 - 2015-05-08 03:08:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Shelby Dusette
trevormax wrote:
Jezza McWaffle wrote:

See line 2

From what little information you can gather you surmise that a stabling mechanism of some sort is needed for it to be safe to venture through the wormhole.

I would surmise that as you pass through the wormhole, you will encounter unicorns and you need a stabling device to stable them in order to pass through. Not just any unicorns though. These would be the fearsome war unicorns belonging to Bob the wormhole god.

Actually, I think your post is closer to the truth of the whole thing.

Minus unicorns n' stuff ( but like, how cool would that be!? Shocked ).

There's no mention of a stabilizing mechanism being used to influence the wormhole at all. If you read it closer it's saying that a "stabling mechanism" is needed to pass through it. That context kinda tells me it's something that simply allows the hole to be traversed and not something that effects it's lifespan.
Newt BlackCompany
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2015-05-08 06:20:03 UTC
trevormax wrote:
Jezza McWaffle wrote:

See line 2

Lol, nice catch!
Ilaister
Binary Aesthetics
#14 - 2015-05-08 17:57:59 UTC
First step towards playergates. Hellllll yessssss.

These will have SFA to do with what we know as wspace - even CCP wouldn't be that self-destructive.
Lendren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2015-05-08 20:59:38 UTC
trevormax wrote:
Jezza McWaffle wrote:

See line 2

Trololol