These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A reward for 10Y+ people active playing , a small one, Devs hear me !!

Author
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-05-05 20:51:38 UTC
I think you have a reward in itself: A couple hundred million SP to do whatever the heck you want to do xD
Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#22 - 2015-05-05 21:09:17 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
I think you have a reward in itself: A couple hundred million SP to do whatever the heck you want to do xD

This is very true, and i agree, but please keep in mind i have had a minimum of 1 account subbed since Nov 03 so it's not like I have paid to have those skill points, I have also brought people into the game and created a reasonable about of content in this sandbox and given the cost of just 1 account for that time something that costs them some ink, postage and some time to sign from a few of the chaps is a rather small gesture.

While I won't hold my breath and I also don't think CCP should be obligated to do such a thing, I am agreeing it would be a nice gesture is all, a pay off for all the various girlfriend agro over the years :-D
Solecist Project
#23 - 2015-05-05 21:23:10 UTC
*m0o*

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#24 - 2015-05-05 22:54:51 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
*m0o*

I can speak for "darth solo" i think, Celes Apoc ftw !!
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2015-05-05 23:12:49 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Two thoughts:

- Some people have played since 2003 but may have sold or deleted their 2003 characters. Finding the player, rather than the account or character, may be difficult.

- Turn this on CCP, and ask them to give a plaque to all their employees who have been with the company since 2003 (i.e. not fired, not hired at a later date). Think about the kind of reactions this "gesture" would cause.

Then think about how 2004 or later players may feel, or how extreme contributors (Chribba, FC's who provide fun fights daily to their peers, the administrators of the game-related websites we use every day, and so on) may feel.

I think that CCP's idea to reward everyone is better.

umm, i dont know where you live, but giving out plaque and 500+ dollar "prizes" to every employee that hits a milestone (usually in the 25-40 year range which puts them as some of the seniorest members in the company) is fairly standard practice for multiple large companies in my area.

no, none of us like being forced to attend a "party" to congratulate a manage we hate, but the companies still do it
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#26 - 2015-05-06 00:51:57 UTC
Key anniversary recognition awards -- great idea. Even if it's only a colored pod or clothing.
Jvpiter
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-05-06 01:11:30 UTC

A "Skill Training Complete" is its own reward.

Call me Joe.

FrankyWave
Nine Inch Nails
#28 - 2015-05-06 01:22:50 UTC  |  Edited by: FrankyWave
Dear CCP,

I got a stupid watch at work after 10 years of services as a token of appreciation.

As with so many others players, I started playing EVE in 2003. Twelve years later, I wish I had a virtual watch to look at the time in the game as well !!!

I am of the same mind as MechCORE, a bit of recognition never hurts anyone.

And congrats to all of you who read this and have been here for more than 10 years or are nearing it anytime soon !

Fly safe everyone.

FrankyWave
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#29 - 2015-05-06 01:27:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
10 damn years-- damn son, how old were you when you started? Were you married? What job were you doing? How old are your kids now? Thinking about it, that's a pretty dang long time. Smile

Yeah, I'd bet CCP will give you something nice. They haven't been around that much longer that 10 years themselves, eh? Long EVE journey. "What a long strange trip it's been" (Grateful Dead lyric) Smile
Sakaras Lane
Project Abscond
The Initiative.
#30 - 2015-05-06 02:35:21 UTC
I agree with everything
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#31 - 2015-05-06 02:42:33 UTC
Read "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman. 10 year vets - just another cog in the EVE Forever War machine.

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Hipqo
Tyde8
#32 - 2015-05-06 05:05:11 UTC
I just wanna say, i think its sad you "vets" feel like CCP owns you something...
They already gave you something, 10+ years of solid entertainment and happiness!
CCP owns you nothing, you have already gotten more then your money was ever worth.

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#33 - 2015-05-06 05:31:35 UTC  |  Edited by: MECHcore
Hipqo wrote:
I just wanna say, i think its sad you "vets" feel like CCP owns you something...
They already gave you something, 10+ years of solid entertainment and happiness!
CCP owns you nothing, you have already gotten more then your money was ever worth.

You are correct idd, but i remember times when there where like 3k players online back in time, in the weekends maybe 4.5k, if it wasn't for us oldies that sticked around then the game could have died very soon.

And yes i paid for the solid entertainment.

Would it be to much to ask for some little appreciation towards old loyal players, to maybe get a letter thats what.. 2 Eur and some autographs from the Devs or CEO on it ?

As far as i remember that wouldn't give you an advantage ingame :)

The monument costed alot, sending letters out would cost way less, and well i would see it as a collectors item, and i think i deserved one after all that time Smile

From =

A happy old EvE player that wants a small present for once >:)

_____@" !? hmm snail ?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#34 - 2015-05-06 06:27:25 UTC
Veteran station... Roll

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Garia666
CyberShield Inc
HYDRA RELOADED
#35 - 2015-05-06 06:38:16 UTC
eve vets been discriminated for years with the clone`s ( prizes ).
Would be fair to get something back i guess.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#36 - 2015-05-06 07:23:21 UTC
Hipqo wrote:

It is one thing to give nothing at all. It's something different to promise stuff and even make a presentation about how awesome you are that you give stuff to reward long time customers and then give nothing at all. We have endured this CCP "we are awesome and will do great things"-fables for years and already know that they talk much and deliver less (well I have to say this changed a lot in the last year, thanks to CCP Seagull I guess), but this was just mean.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-05-06 08:53:43 UTC
They launched our names into space once.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#38 - 2015-05-06 09:12:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
They built a monument with our names on it.
John McCreedy
Eve Defence Force
DARKNESS.
#39 - 2015-05-06 09:31:34 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Hipqo wrote:

It is one thing to give nothing at all. It's something different to promise stuff and even make a presentation about how awesome you are that you give stuff to reward long time customers and then give nothing at all. We have endured this CCP "we are awesome and will do great things"-fables for years and already know that they talk much and deliver less (well I have to say this changed a lot in the last year, thanks to CCP Seagull I guess), but this was just mean.

Thing is they did, if i recall they gave two players a year's subscription for Eve's tenth anniversary. Two players. The rest of us where told we'd have a station to dock in... That in itself was discriminatory. Roll

13 years and counting. Eve Defence Force is recruiting.

Solecist Project
#40 - 2015-05-06 10:23:59 UTC
John McCreedy wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Hipqo wrote:

Thing is they did, if i recall they gave two players a year's subscription for Eve's tenth anniversary. Two players. The rest of us where told we'd have a station to dock in... That in itself was discriminatory. Roll

Never heard of that. Source?
Because I don't believe people get nvidia Titans ...
... and two get a lifetime sub.

Which is nothing more than a nice gesture anyway.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia