These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New DB mirror for Singularity in preparation, but taking very long

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-05-05 14:19:04 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi,

A new DB mirror for Singularity has been requested and it is being prepared, but unfortunately it is taking longer than expected. We know that many are waiting for this new mirror, but unfortunately we are bound to the reality and can not use magic or similar tricks.
We have currently no ETA, but I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Maxtuga
2 Slow 2 Win 2 Dumb 2 Quit
#2 - 2015-05-05 14:32:17 UTC
Thank you.
So,I cant play until this mirror is done?
midget gem
Elite.Inc
#3 - 2015-05-05 16:04:55 UTC
I'd rather have bug fixes done first before applying a new mirror
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#4 - 2015-05-05 18:09:45 UTC
DONT deploy mirror yet. first fix all bugs then deploy it . best to release without problems than making X gig patches
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2015-05-05 19:29:04 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
but unfortunately we are bound to the reality and can not use magic or similar tricks.

Have you tried sacrificing a dev or batch of server hamsters to Eyjafjallajökull?
Ether Mayaki
Ethereal Beings
#6 - 2015-05-05 21:55:12 UTC
Rowells wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:
but unfortunately we are bound to the reality and can not use magic or similar tricks.

Have you tried sacrificing a dev or batch of server hamsters to Eyjafjallajökull?

Listen man, Blood makes servers messy, Very Messy, We need to be sacrificing stockpiles of Ram and Processors to the server-gods to lend us their strength. But seriously, blood will only cause shorting and overheating.
Jonny Copper
Shadow State
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2015-05-06 05:06:11 UTC
Ether Mayaki wrote:
Rowells wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:

Listen man, Blood makes servers messy, Very Messy, We need to be sacrificing stockpiles of Ram and Processors to the server-gods to lend us their strength. But seriously, blood will only cause shorting and overheating.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/
Ether Mayaki
Ethereal Beings
#8 - 2015-05-06 05:13:27 UTC
Jonny Copper wrote:
Ether Mayaki wrote:
Rowells wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

BUT WE NEED MORE POWER
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#9 - 2015-05-06 07:06:34 UTC
Rowells wrote:
CCP Habakuk wrote:

we should sacrifice bob to Eyjafjallajökull and then polish our new mirror to protect ourself from basilisk fleet
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2015-05-06 13:07:23 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
DONT deploy mirror yet. first fix all bugs then deploy it . best to release without problems than making X gig patches

The two aren't related. Mirroring just takes a snapshot of the database of TQ, then we prune it to obfuscate sensitive information such as moon minerals and POS positions, then essentially replace Sisi's DB with this new DB. Any bugs in the code (with certain exceptions) will be unaffected by the mirror, and will be fixed in standard development cycles.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#11 - 2015-05-06 14:58:36 UTC
so on sisi moon mining is not possible ? i've try to test that but wasnt able to get anything from lowsec or nullsec moon.
as for removing poses i agree its sensitiv to remove them to prevent spying but why block moon itself from mining it
Maxtuga
2 Slow 2 Win 2 Dumb 2 Quit
#12 - 2015-05-06 17:54:20 UTC
I still cant login.
Any update why is this happening?
msu320
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-05-06 18:15:53 UTC
Maxtuga wrote:
I still cant login.
Any update why is this happening?

DB mirror is taking longer than expected as they said.
BaconLord2
Eon Mining
#14 - 2015-05-06 18:20:55 UTC
Hey Habakuk if you could throw out a number with like a 25% chance of being right on how many days it will be until Singularity is mirrored what would it be? I know you said theres isnt a definite ETA but i like the idea of having a 25% chance possibility instead of not having any idea at all. especially if its a Dev's opinion lol cant wait to get all my stuff over from TQ the anticipation's killin meh XD lol
xShadowgirlx
1969 inc
#15 - 2015-05-06 23:01:44 UTC
Is there going to be an ETA? Can we at least know what the usual time for these things are? Thanks.Cool
Wolfica Uitra
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-05-07 05:10:48 UTC
woo, perfect timing. 2 new accounts with 2 new dread pilots to play with
Zamory
Alpha Centauri Corp
#17 - 2015-05-07 12:10:45 UTC
To clarify, there is NO way our ships (that we've built on SISI) from this current mirror can be saved into the next mirror ? as in, transferred into the next mirror ?
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2015-05-07 12:29:36 UTC
Zamory wrote:
To clarify, there is NO way our ships (that we've built on SISI) from this current mirror can be saved into the next mirror ? as in, transferred into the next mirror ?

Correct

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Zamory
Alpha Centauri Corp
#19 - 2015-05-07 14:30:49 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Zamory wrote:

Correct

Alright, thanks for the info c:
Zamory
Alpha Centauri Corp
#20 - 2015-05-07 15:20:12 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Zamory wrote:

Correct

Is it possible to perhaps get a one-day headsup or so, before this mirror ends ? I'd like to die in my supercap by letting the community take me down, would be fun & i'm pretty sure lots of other supercap-pilots would appreciate that too c:
12Next page