These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Corpses4Drifters. (alt-farming solved.)

Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#21 - 2015-05-02 09:40:44 UTC
Minerals you mine are not free because of opportunity cost of selling those minerals at market value.
Unless corpses have a market value of significance, using a bunch of alts or friends to farm corpses in clean pods does not have an opportunity cost of the same nature, especially since multiboxing removing the time opportunity cost. Thus it is creating standings from nothing.

And since it comes coupled with the proposal that NPC's change their behaviour to ignore people who have standings, it's obvious what the request is really aiming to achieve.
Solecist Project
#22 - 2015-05-02 09:49:39 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
NPCs already are influenced by standings towards factions.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks and refrain from discussing forum moderation. ISD Ezwal.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-05-03 10:01:00 UTC
I'd support this, but it's a terrible idea.

Another pubbie elite PvE pay to win mining carebear

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-05-03 10:03:36 UTC
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
Your corpse will be among the first that I will offer to my new Drifter overlords.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-05-03 11:36:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerhard Stringfellow
If they did this, It would be a revolving door of alts being killed specifically for tis. It's too obvious of an exploit.

Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:
Your corpse will be among the first that I will offer to my new Drifter overlords.

I'll be too busy killing various versions myself if it goes through, as will everybody else in New Eden. All it would really accomplish is a rash increase of alt on alt homicide.

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#26 - 2015-05-03 15:30:41 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:

3) To get the big rewards, you have to give the bastards variety! 5, 10, 20 different corpses. Giv'em 50 corpses, all different, and you'll get the maximum possible prize.

Step 1: Find a station with medical facilities
Step 2: Get 50 characters to spam undock in their pod while someone in a T3 destroyer alphas them as they undock
Step 3: Have another alt scoop said corpses as they undock
Step 4: Plex all 50 accounts
Step 5: Go on a roam with super blingy ships because you have the income
Step 6: Ragepost on the forums when CCP nerfs it

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-05-03 15:47:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Gully Alex Foyle
Yes

Step 2: Get 50 characters to spam undock in their pod while someone in a T3 destroyer alphas them as they undock
That's a lot of characters.
A lot of duel requests in highsec, or a deccable corp.
Can be easily disrupted out of highsec.
EDIT: also, part of the reason I support Sol's idea is that I would love to see people repeatedly pod their alts or friends just for some LP or standing or whatever. A perfect display of farmers' lack of soul.

Someone else can scoop them.

Err... 40 Billion a month... kind of expensive

Yes, with 40 Billion a month you can easily afford them without wasting time podding your alts.
Also, blingy ships in space is good

Drifters are mysterious. Easy to make it so repeat farming even of different corpses is ineffective. Easy and reasonable to tweak or change mechanics after release because Drifters have a mind of their own - they're not supposed to be just some other stupid red crosses.

Also, people who ragepost with no good reason will be dealt with as the Overlords see fit.

Gerhard Stringfellow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-05-03 23:07:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerhard Stringfellow
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
Yes

EDIT: also, part of the reason I support Sol's idea is that I would love to see people repeatedly pod their alts or friends just for some LP or standing or whatever. A perfect display of farmers' lack of soul.

Someone else can scoop them.

Err... 40 Billion a month... kind of expensive

Yes, with 40 Billion a month you can easily afford them without wasting time podding your alts.
Also, blingy ships in space is good

Drifters are mysterious. Easy to make it so repeat farming even of different corpses is ineffective. Easy and reasonable to tweak or change mechanics after release because Drifters have a mind of their own - they're not supposed to be just some other stupid red crosses.

Also, people who ragepost with no good reason will be dealt with as the Overlords see fit.

I welcome the days of big blobs making fleets just to homicide each other to exploit a broken idea. Didn't something like this really help goons back in the day?

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#29 - 2015-05-03 23:33:03 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:

Or they can all be in the same corp and friendly fire can be turned on, no wardecs or duel requests required.

Solecist Project
#30 - 2015-05-04 06:50:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Alex, responding to posts which are already covered is like playing a broken record.

And when they don't have anything substantial to say but simply attack you ...
... then you shouldn't respond but just use the report button.

Yeah, "stupid idea" has no substance, just like the person who writes it.

If people don't realise that CCP has easy ways to checking people meta-gaming it ...
... then that's not your issue at all. Not that CCP would care, most likely,
because there's no way that these things are going to happen.

See ... when people come up with "50 alts" then just question their sanity.
Most people don't have 50 alts and certainly won't do this crap.

Ignore the haters, Alex, thanks! :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#31 - 2015-05-04 07:04:38 UTC

I've updated the OP.

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#32 - 2015-05-04 19:17:40 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

Sorry, but requiring "x" number of people, which this suggestion simply does, only makes it easy for large entities to farm. Whether its 49 alts, or 49 other people. This would be farmed. Even if the turn in had a 10 hour cooldown. People would just spam kill friendly characters for an hour and generate a months supply.

If its profitable to do it, people WILL do this crap.

Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-05-04 19:59:56 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

Sorry, but requiring "x" number of people, which this suggestion simply does, only makes it easy for large entities to farm. Whether its 49 alts, or 49 other people. This would be farmed. Even if the turn in had a 10 hour cooldown. People would just spam kill friendly characters for an hour and generate a months supply.

I agree. Fascinating, isn't it?

What about this: Drifters use an unpublished formula to calculate payout. Based on how many copies of the same corpse they've already collected.

If you keep giving them the same corpse, they'll give you less. Eventually they'll be piseed off and kill you, without warning.

Don't try to fool the overlords.

Solecist Project
#34 - 2015-05-04 20:30:37 UTC
Hopelesshobo wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

Everything can be meta-gamed by bigger entities.

It's not really an argument against anything.

They can do it for whatever they want anyway ...
... and nothing is going to stop them.

I do believe that you see far too much into this.

Previous page12