These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

jEveAssets 4.1.2 (2017-06-07)

First post
Author
Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#881 - 2015-05-02 12:42:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Golden Gnu
@Gora Uta
I will try to get it done ASAP.

EDIT:
Mosaic 1.2.0 static data uploaded to server
I did not have to time to run any error checks, so, let me know if there is anything wrong with the data...

Creator of jEveAssets - the asset manager

"Download is the meaning of life, upload is the meaning of intelligent life"

IcyMidnight
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#882 - 2015-05-03 11:37:59 UTC
Thanks for the Mosaic update, but I think there's an error somewhere.

I can't launch jEveAssets anymore. It gets part way through startup and then gets stuck "Loading DATA" forever: http://i.imgur.com/6cN415e.png?1

At first I left the app running for a while and left my computer alone while I went to get lunch assuming it might be some sort of migration process. The startup didn't finish so I killed the process and it started the second time. That was the last time it started though :(
Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#883 - 2015-05-03 13:28:47 UTC
@IcyMidnight
It's most likely because the new update contains some items in the market, that are not on eve-central, yet.
Just wait it out, it may take 5min or so, depending on how many items are missing on eve-central (or whatever price data source you use).

If you could send me the log file (see: ReadMe).
I can confirm that this is the case..

Wafou Ka'Djo
Yellow Box Ltd.
#884 - 2015-05-03 14:57:39 UTC
Thanks for the quick update Golden Gnu :)
IcyMidnight
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#885 - 2015-05-03 22:44:50 UTC  |  Edited by: IcyMidnight
Golden Gnu wrote:
@IcyMidnight
It's most likely because the new update contains some items in the market, that are not on eve-central, yet.
Just wait it out, it may take 5min or so, depending on how many items are missing on eve-central (or whatever price data source you use).

If you could send me the log file (see: ReadMe).
I can confirm that this is the case..

I'm pretty sure it's the price updates that are killing me yeah. I get a ton of there:
ERROR [Price Fetching] uk.me.candle.eve.pricing.AbstractPricingEasy - getting 1 prices
ERROR [Price Fetching] uk.me.candle.eve.pricing.AbstractPricingEasy - Error fetching price

I've left jEveAssets opening for about 3 hours now and it's still going :(

A little semi-related feedback, if you don't mind :)

I've always wondered what takes jEveAssets so long to start up (it can take a few minutes even on my reasonably fast desktop) and I guess it's that it does the eve-central lookup on startup. Would it be possible keep that as only part of the "Update" process or at least to throw that into a background task so the rest of the app can run in the meantime?

Relatedly, you seem to be looking up prices one at at time. It might make things faster to batch look ups and I've seen that eve-central supports this.
Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#886 - 2015-05-04 09:05:21 UTC
@Wafou Ka'Djo
You're welcome

@IcyMidnight
It does start up doing it in batches of 99. But, the way eve-central work is that the full batch fails if one or more of the items are "invalid", so, jEveAssets, split up the batch in 50/50, then 25/25, etc. until it finds the item that failed.

Also, it only lookup new prices on start up, everything else is just loaded from a file.

I know, I have to fix this - so, I have to figure out what items are missing from eve-central.
Your full log would be very helpful for debugging it.

The reason it takes so long to load, is that all the data (static and API) is loaded into memory, as well as all the tools are created on start up. That makes jEveAssets faster, when the loading is done. The other options is to load everything on demand, but, that would make jEveAssets less responsive when used.

Luscius Uta
#887 - 2015-05-22 11:50:32 UTC
I had the same problem as Churka, jEveAssets crashing with "Java have run out of memory" message, and giving it more memory gave me the same message as to Counselor Gina.

So I instead of going up, I went the other way until this command worked:

java -Xmx1g -jar jeveassets.jar

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#888 - 2015-05-23 14:29:12 UTC
@Luscius Uta
If that ever stop working, you can use the 64bit version of java, that should allow you to go higher.

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#889 - 2015-05-24 13:51:20 UTC
Mr Gnu,

Would it be possible to introduce a Weighted-average price for the Transactions tab? What is meant by this, is to have the app calculate the average buy, or average sell price for a given commodity.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/214049

The formula for Excel is =((A2*B2)+(A3*B3))/SUM(B2:B3)

Thanks Smile
Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#890 - 2015-05-24 16:00:46 UTC
@GankYou
I don't think so. jEveAssets use the price points calculated by the price data sources (example) AKA jEveAssets does not get every single order, just, some calculated values. If you can calculate it from that, then it's possible. Otherwise you can try to get eve-central or one of the other price data sources to implement it. Then I can add it in jEveAssets, as well....

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#891 - 2015-05-24 21:17:00 UTC  |  Edited by: GankYou
No, no.

I meant the already-recorded Transactions from your wallet. Smile Lets say I bought 25 Shuttles at 24k ISK p/u, then bought 43 more at 19k ISK p/u - I need to know what my average entry price is.
Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#892 - 2015-05-24 21:30:39 UTC
I recently install a Personal Hanger Array at our POS, but I am not seeing this or the contents show up in jEveAssets.

Is this a Bug, or does the API not record these?

Thanks

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#893 - 2015-05-25 11:09:03 UTC
@GankYou
So, this would be the calculation for your example?:
((25 * 24000) + (43 * 19000)) / (25 + 43)
or simplified:
[Total Value] / [Count]

I can added it to the popup menu and status bar - without much work.

@Cat Harkness
It's unlikely that it's a bug, but, possible.
Maybe the information is in the StarbaseDetail API now?
I'm not sure.

Luscius Uta
#894 - 2015-05-25 12:05:48 UTC
@Golden Gnu:

But I am still limited by my system's amount of RAM, right?
So if I have 8 GB or RAM and
java -Xmx8g -jar jeveassets.jar
gives me same errors as Counselor Gina's, is there a point in increasing the memory amount further?

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#895 - 2015-05-25 14:41:02 UTC
@Luscius Uta
I'm not sure,I think, that you can use a maximum of 2/3 of the systems RAM. But, I read elsewhere you can use more than the system has (I assume it will use the page file) - so, I have real answer for that.

Anyway, on a 64bit system, using 64bit Java give you access to more RAM.

As long as you're not getting OutOfMemory errors, there is no point in increasing the limit. Just increase it when you run into the error again - any data lose will be minimal, as jEveAssets save every time something is changed.
However, jEveAssets will keep using more and more memory, as you get more items in-game and transactions and journal history increase over time.

I hope that clears up any confusion... :)

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#896 - 2015-05-25 15:52:47 UTC
Golden Gnu wrote:
@GankYou
So, this would be the calculation for your example?:
((25 * 24000) + (43 * 19000)) / (25 + 43)
or simplified:
[Total Value] / [Count]

I can added it to the popup menu and status bar - without much work.

Yes, good sir! Big smile
Zothike
State War Academy
Caldari State
#897 - 2015-07-09 21:15:47 UTC
Hello
Does somebody is using this awesome software with 80.000 lines of item without crashing ?
I still have huge memory problem, the solution given to solve it dont really really, the little .bat file dont seems to work as when i launch it nothing happen should i have to should something specific ?

Regards
Zothike
State War Academy
Caldari State
#898 - 2015-07-10 03:34:17 UTC
solved my problem :)

with
java -Xmx512m -jar jeveassets.jar
Golden Gnu
Lobach Inc.
#899 - 2015-07-10 10:18:49 UTC
@Zothike
good job researching your own fix :)
Memory is the main downside of Java and given that jEveAssets loads everything into memory (to make it faster), it's a very common problem.

Grunschlck
Stupid Tax Evasion Corporation
#900 - 2015-07-12 19:45:24 UTC
Thank you very much for this great piece of software!

The web page at http://eve.nikr.net/jeveasset is still saying the static data is version Rhea 1.0.0a. It took me a while to figure out I could just download the ZIP file and verify it's really version Mosaic 1.2.0 (which it is)... However, it would be nice if you could change the web page, so others won't be confused like I was.