These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

"Lapatus" Titan's : Brainstorming expanded lore on these?

First post
Author
Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-03-02 03:30:47 UTC
I wonder if the drifters will fleet up and take one of them on.

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#22 - 2015-03-02 04:36:53 UTC
I made a post about them in GD- maybe I should put it into the fiction sub too P
Velarra
#23 - 2015-03-28 14:58:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Velarra
Was kinda amusing how dust players were shown the titan's wreck in Dust ~before~ the ship was destroyed in eve. That you know, it was a done deal. Eve players' didn't matter.

edit:

'Pardon, Eve players could participate in an orchestrated foregone conclusion while deluding themselves to the idea that they mattered.
Balthasar Dorian
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2015-04-27 04:48:55 UTC
What I'd really like to know is the true destructive power of these so-called "doomsday" devices! I faintly remember a chronicle story (can't recall the title) about an Avatar titan firing its judgment weapon at a planet and not only wiping out all life but making it forever inhospitable to life. The few human survivors huddle down inside underground bunkers waiting to die off.

If this story is canon then doomsday devices are, in terms of energy projection, second only to the gamma ray burst of a supernova!

Does anyone know what story this might have been or other ones depicting the doomsday device?
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#25 - 2015-04-27 22:44:12 UTC
Balthasar Dorian wrote:

Does anyone know what story this might have been or other ones depicting the doomsday device?

It's the attack on Reschard V: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/planet-wide-explosion-strikes-reschard-v/ and the followup newspost: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/rescue-ships-finally-reach-disaster-planet-surface/

Remember that the newspost is written around the old doomsday which functioned in a different manner, altough one could say the amount of energy released by it has probably not changed, only the way it is channeled (to a single target point instead of a large area). I do not know if there is a chronicle about this, if there is, I have missed it.

But, frankly I don't see why titan doomsday would not cause immense damage if fired on a planet, considering they can take down capital ship shields and armor with ease which shrug off incredible quantities of energy otherwise.
Balthasar Dorian
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-04-28 04:27:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Balthasar Dorian
Teinyhr wrote:
Balthasar Dorian wrote:

It's the attack on Reschard V: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/planet-wide-explosion-strikes-reschard-v/ and the followup newspost: https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/rescue-ships-finally-reach-disaster-planet-surface/

Remember that the newspost is written around the old doomsday which functioned in a different manner, altough one could say the amount of energy released by it has probably not changed, only the way it is channeled (to a single target point instead of a large area). I do not know if there is a chronicle about this, if there is, I have missed it.

But, frankly I don't see why titan doomsday would not cause immense damage if fired on a planet, considering they can take down capital ship shields and armor with ease which shrug off incredible quantities of energy otherwise.

Thanks for finding those you are awesome!

There was also another story about a T1 battleship wiping out an entire city with a single barrage of artillery. So it is not a stretch to say that doomsdays are many tiers above that level of firepower!

When they changed the role of the doomsday they also greatly boosted the damage output. So the energy released did not change Big smile
H1de0
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#27 - 2015-04-29 12:54:24 UTC
The Federation willing to use their Iapetan fleet agains a single Promethean vessel.. can someone point me to the source of this?

I wonder if we are ever going to see them in the game? Maybe some live event CCP?

hint:

Empires going all in when the "lurking" Drifter mothership, that we saw in the trailer, finally decides to crawl out of it's wormhole;)

Decrypting the Sleeper cache..

Teinyhr
Ourumur
#28 - 2015-04-29 19:19:48 UTC
H1de0 wrote:
The Federation willing to use their Iapetan fleet agains a single Promethean vessel.. can someone point me to the source of this?

The fifth post in this very topic.
solrac lara
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-05-03 21:46:41 UTC
Balthasar Dorian wrote:
What I'd really like to know is the true destructive power of these so-called "doomsday" devices! I faintly remember a chronicle story (can't recall the title) about an Avatar titan firing its judgment weapon at a planet and not only wiping out all life but making it forever inhospitable to life. The few human survivors huddle down inside underground bunkers waiting to die off.

If this story is canon then doomsday devices are, in terms of energy projection, second only to the gamma ray burst of a supernova!

Do you remember anything abaut that chronicle or do you know someone with the name i ve been looking info abaut the yields of eve weapons and other tehcnnical info for a fanfic and i cant find anything concrete.
Esna Pitoojee
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#30 - 2015-05-04 00:33:08 UTC
He's talking about the Reschard V disaster as discussed above.
Vikarion
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-05-07 01:59:42 UTC
solrac lara wrote:
Balthasar Dorian wrote:

Do you remember anything abaut that chronicle or do you know someone with the name i ve been looking info abaut the yields of eve weapons and other tehcnnical info for a fanfic and i cant find anything concrete.

Here you are:
Strength of EvE weapons.

I wrote about this subject just today in the above thread. Hope you enjoy! Big smile
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#32 - 2015-05-09 19:15:24 UTC
Regarding Titans in genera.

Shouldn't other races such as the Sleepers and Drifters as well as other NPC also have their own versions of Titan's either designed from their own internal structures or stolen piece by piece from other races in New Eden?

Where would these shipyards be located at?
Previous page12