These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Returning and impressed!

First post
Author
Franga
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-05-03 03:11:50 UTC
Hey!

I've come back to EVE after a 4-5 year hiatus. And I'm impressed. Looks amazing and the game is simply daunting, which to me, is a very good thing. I'm literally overwhelmed and confused in a very good way - I'm not being sarcastic here. Kudos to CCP and the gang of lifers that keep this place going.

Now, to get my sec-status up ... I don't want to hurt people anymore. At least until I figure out what the hell I'm doing.

PS: What's doing with the FPS CCP was making? That still going?

Franga
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-05-03 03:44:36 UTC
I just learnt that you no longer have to 'backup' your clone ...
Jenshae Chiroptera
#3 - 2015-05-03 03:45:57 UTC
Join a Null Sec alliance. You don't need security status and you can carebear it up while you are having fun.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Memphis Baas
#4 - 2015-05-03 03:51:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
FPS is called Dust, got its own forum, you can track what's going on there. Valkyrie is another game they're making, also with its own forum.

Clone: you still lose your implants on death, but don't have to worry about paying money to refresh your clone grade to avoid losing skill points.
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2015-05-03 04:49:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Franga wrote:
Now, to get my sec-status up ...
It's not that low, you can probably just rat it up. Now you also have the option to buy tags and turn them in for sec status.
You could make a mission out of it if you want and hunt for the tags, the ones you will need are in .1 sec status systems.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#6 - 2015-05-03 07:10:33 UTC
Like to point out you can buy you way back to neutral sec status now too.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Tags_for_Security

The Drake is a Lie

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#7 - 2015-05-03 08:04:22 UTC
Would be even better if they would not get rid of this "bug" with ship skins next week.
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#8 - 2015-05-03 14:41:41 UTC
Welcome back!

We always love to see returnees to New Eden. Check out the dev blogs to find out what you've missed while you were gone.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Victor Emmanuel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-05-03 16:26:40 UTC
I just came back after 5 years as well. A lot of the changes look like the game has been/is moving in a good direction, especially as compared to when I last played. :)
Sarrgon
Avalonians United
#10 - 2015-05-03 18:20:23 UTC
I just came back playing as well and I have to agree, Eve has changed for the better and I like it Smile
Mario Putzo
#11 - 2015-05-03 18:29:40 UTC
Welcome back to EVE, can I have all your stuff?
Franga
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-05-03 21:25:58 UTC
It's been fun. An unexpected area of entertainment is that the forum threads are essentially the same.

EVE is dying, nerf hi-sec, risk/reward, etc. Honestly, I'm really enjoying it all. I went back to Jita yesterday and local, of course, has not changed at all. It's a beautiful thing. Same game, with so much more going on.

And Mario, the correct spelling is 'haz', yes? And all caps. 'CAN I HAZ UR STUFFZ?!'
Aston Martin DB5
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2015-05-03 23:04:13 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Join a Null Sec alliance. You don't need security status and you can carebear it up while you are having fun.

******* lies!

My advise:
Delete your account and contract your stuff to me!

Welcome to eve!