These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

pyfa 1.15.0 (Vanguard)

First post First post First post
Author
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#861 - 2015-04-14 18:01:28 UTC
Not really. We were interested in wx3 mostly because of its Phoenix branch, which supports python 3, which we need for rewrite. At the moment it's mostly me writing backend, Blitzmann will join later when it's ready and when he has sufficient time for that.

Is there any particular reason you want wx3.0? As far as i remember the only potential issue is that wx2.8 is going to be dropped from newer releases of some linux distributions (like Debian Jessie), so we will be forced to update pyfa distributions to use wx3 one way or another. Biggest concern is mac skeleton (binary environment in which pyfa is launched), we have no idea how to rebuild to satisfy changed dependencies.
Alhira Katserna
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#862 - 2015-04-16 06:21:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Alhira Katserna
Jen Moriarty wrote:
Is it just my copy, or did the 1.10.0 release mess up the EHP calculation?
It seems like there is no difference between Raw HP and EHP for any ship


same problem for me... nevermind...
Boyamin
Kill at Will
Socket Closed.
#863 - 2015-04-16 23:33:15 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Is there any particular reason you want wx3.0? As far as i remember the only potential issue is that wx2.8 is going to be dropped from newer releases of some linux distributions (like Debian Jessie), so we will be forced to update pyfa distributions to use wx3 one way or another. Biggest concern is mac skeleton (binary environment in which pyfa is launched), we have no idea how to rebuild to satisfy changed dependencies.


I use a debian jessie distro and just regularly merge the latest changes into the wx3 branch, which seems to work fine.
Roesjka
The Last Solution Inc
#864 - 2015-04-17 08:34:14 UTC
Boyamin wrote:
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Is there any particular reason you want wx3.0? As far as i remember the only potential issue is that wx2.8 is going to be dropped from newer releases of some linux distributions (like Debian Jessie), so we will be forced to update pyfa distributions to use wx3 one way or another. Biggest concern is mac skeleton (binary environment in which pyfa is launched), we have no idea how to rebuild to satisfy changed dependencies.


I use a debian jessie distro and just regularly merge the latest changes into the wx3 branch, which seems to work fine.


@Kadesh Priestess
The reason is the rapid change from wx2.8 to wx3.0 in the new linux distros like Debian (jessie) and derivatives like Buntu which have a large install base.

@Boyamin
Which files do you copy/merge in the wx3.0 branch? I have both installed on my system.

cheers

Cheers,

Retired UNIX/Linux IT Specialist.

AsRock 990FX Extreme4, FX-8320, 16GB mem, GTX 1070

y50-70, i7, 16GB mem, GTX 860M

Both running Debian stretch 64bit

Boyamin
Kill at Will
Socket Closed.
#865 - 2015-04-17 23:50:56 UTC
Roesjka wrote:

@Boyamin
Which files do you copy/merge in the wx3.0 branch? I have both installed on my system.


I clone the github repo, checkout the wx3 branch, do a 'git fetch' and then merge from a recent tag e.g. 'git merge v1.1.20'.
Zoena
Phantom Navy
#866 - 2015-04-21 16:02:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Zoena
Keep getting this pyfa.exe.log error can't start pyfa :(

[Errno 13] Permission denied
Winter Archipelago
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#867 - 2015-04-23 23:59:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Winter Archipelago
I've ran into the zero-resist Uniform profile on 1.10.0 after a clean install (due to a clean Windows 7 install), and after playing around with it for a bit, it looks like whichever damage profile is selected in the drop-down when attempting to create a new damage profile will be zeroed out. On a clean install, because Uniform is the only damage profile available, it's the damage profile that is up when creating the first custom profile.

I was able to get around this by creating a copy first, and then switching to that copy to create new damage profile. The copy was zeroed out, but Uniform was left untouched.
JetStream Drenard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#868 - 2015-04-24 15:45:44 UTC
Small Request.
Any chance in having PYFA remember the last Market/Ship Window Sizing upon restart?
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#869 - 2015-04-28 18:41:47 UTC
Mosaic update - 1.11.0 - is out!
God's Apples
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#870 - 2015-04-29 23:00:30 UTC
It's dank

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

Mangraa Dementia
Un4seen Development
Sev3rance
#871 - 2015-04-30 04:36:47 UTC
Kadesh Priestess wrote:
Mosaic update - 1.11.0 - is out!



Awesome, as always, however I am unable to activate either the T1 or T2 Entosis Link module on a couple of fits. Checked to see if there was stront listed to throw in the cargohold (a long shot, but who knows), to no avail. Other modules can still be activated in Pyfa fine, showing the capacitor drain/etc.

I admit I'm kind of tired at the moment, so am I missing something obvious or is this perhaps a bug with the Entosis links?

Thanks for the great work as always!

Also, sorry if this has already been covered somewhere already.. somehow...
Oovarvu
C.O.L.D.
#872 - 2015-04-30 11:36:49 UTC
falloff ranges of large neutron blasters 2s are completely out on the kronos in bastion mode with null, i haven't bothered to check the other ammo types or guns but might be worth looking at.
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#873 - 2015-04-30 17:02:55 UTC
Mangraa Dementia wrote:
Awesome, as always, however I am unable to activate either the T1 or T2 Entosis Link module on a couple of fits. Checked to see if there was stront listed to throw in the cargohold (a long shot, but who knows), to no avail. Other modules can still be activated in Pyfa fine, showing the capacitor drain/etc.
Known issue, i forgot to add one small file before releasing. It's already fixed in development repo and fix will be included in next release.

I don't think such bug deserves separate release.
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#874 - 2015-04-30 17:04:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
Oovarvu wrote:
falloff ranges of large neutron blasters 2s are completely out on the kronos in bastion mode with null, i haven't bothered to check the other ammo types or guns but might be worth looking at.
Have you actually compared ingame with stats pyfa provides? If yes, provide full fit, and expected ranges (which you see ingame).

Maybe CCP moved bastion to separate stacking chain and it's no longer penalized against TCs? I can't check atm.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#875 - 2015-05-01 11:33:35 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
Found something strange: Yacht

Updated skills, no affecting implants. But 13.8k EHP in Eve client and 17.7k EHP in pyfa?

btw: when you check for wxPython 2.8 and there is newer version in system you output 'prepare for errors'. And yes, program does not work. Not because wxPython 'is too new' but because after wxpython.choose(2.8) you cannot do import wx: it fails. Need some way to 'reset' library after chis check.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Atan Sol
Roving Guns Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#876 - 2015-05-01 13:09:04 UTC
Hello!

Would it be possible to re-visit cross-platform fit sharing approach to make it more usable?

Some background - I keep pyfa, EFT, etc on the google drive so I can run them on different machines. However with pyfa keeping fits in the .pyfa directory in user directory the fits are not getting shared. This is not the case with EFT which uses EFT directory to store fits. Some kind of option for pyfa to address this issue would help.

Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#877 - 2015-05-01 16:54:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kadesh Priestess
New technical preview release:
Mosaic 1.0 build built with updated UI toolkit.

If anyone interested - please at least launch, play a bit with fits. If you run into any issues - post here or create ticket on github.

If stars align - you have Mac and is competent with python - please write me an eve-mail, i need your help to build new binary skeleton for future Mac releases.

---

Atan Sol wrote:
Hello!

Would it be possible to re-visit cross-platform fit sharing approach to make it more usable?

Some background - I keep pyfa, EFT, etc on the google drive so I can run them on different machines. However with pyfa keeping fits in the .pyfa directory in user directory the fits are not getting shared. This is not the case with EFT which uses EFT directory to store fits. Some kind of option for pyfa to address this issue would help.

There's --root command line option which forces pyfa to store its data in its own folder. It's probably not really good solution (sharing whole pyfa distributive with gdrive). I looked into better ones - checked dropbox integration API, and it seems to be not acceptable because it enforces its own database format. This is pretty big and unneeded change which hardwires pyfa to dropbox.

Personally, i'm using following approach for many applications (not just pyfa):

1) Create folder in dropbox for app sync (let's say, [dropbox]/sync/pyfa)
2) Move files necessary to sync between machines into there (for pyfa, it's [user]/.pyfa/saveddata.db)
3) On all machines where you want to do a sync, create symbolic link (with target being that file [dropbox]/sync/pyfa/saveddata.db, and its location [user]/.pyfa/saveddata.db). Symbolic links are supported not just on Linux, but on Windows too (it's feature of NTFS, you can google it up).

This way only small file is shared - but it contains all your characters and fits. It's not very trivial to do - especially if you do not grasp concept of symbolic-/hard-links, but I do not know how to integrate convenient way to do it into pyfa. If anyone has ideas (with links to API specifications) - please share, this item is one of top priorities on my to-do list.

March rabbit wrote:
Found something strange: Yacht

Updated skills, no affecting implants. But 13.8k EHP in Eve client and 17.7k EHP in pyfa?
EVE calculates worst-case-ehp (where lowest resists for each tanking layer is taken). Pyfa calculates EHP against uniform damage by default.

March rabbit wrote:
btw: when you check for wxPython 2.8 and there is newer version in system you output 'prepare for errors'. And yes, program does not work. Not because wxPython 'is too new' but because after wxpython.choose(2.8) you cannot do import wx: it fails. Need some way to 'reset' library after chis check.
Please check if it's still case on wx3 branch. Blitzmann modified logic in that file to cope with various possible combinations. It works for me (on linux and windows), but it's still possible that things can break in some cases.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#878 - 2015-05-01 20:35:54 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
Windows 8.1 x64. PYFA installed from exe file. No installations of Python in the system (i think)
something does not work

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Noctaly
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#879 - 2015-05-01 20:46:03 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Windows 8.1 x64. PYFA installed from exe file. No installations of Python in the system (i think)
something does not work


Exact same problem here. Same OS aswell :)
Kadesh Priestess
the king asked me to guard the mountain
Silent Company
#880 - 2015-05-01 21:27:41 UTC
Could you try removing [Program Files]/pyfa folder altogether and reinstalling?

I had this issue on exact the same OS too, but i removed that setlocale() call. Maybe installer doesn't remove old files and they're getting reimported.

If it doesn't help, open legacy control panel > region settings > 3rd tab (Administrative) and tell me which language for non-unicode programs you have there.