These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

circadian seekers declared silent war on me

First post
Author
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#21 - 2015-05-01 17:51:06 UTC
but shooting circadian seekers should cause standing drop on drifters. firther observations clearly says that drifters can dock but they dock without permission, maybe they hack security system and are able to load their vessels in stations. for now circadians and drifters are not engaging me but they follow me .

update lost them on c3 wormhole, they didnt go throught it and was able to return into same system other way and drifters were still at this wormhole . the new AI is very good and might be even better or its true AI so it try to act as player. perhaps drifters must have neural interfacing connected to circadian seekers as once they are attacked drifters trying to help them
Minmatar Citizen 534612187
Citizen Corp.
#22 - 2015-05-01 18:40:08 UTC
That is awesome.
Joe Atei
Aes Dei Asher
#23 - 2015-05-01 19:09:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Atei
Amak Boma wrote:
well i have attacked them in lowsec and they follow me evrywhere i go, they follow me throught gates and kspace to kspace wormholes they cannot hit my cruiser at all but taking down vave of 5 causes another 5 to spawn and it turns to be endless . killed so far 55 circadian seekers and they does not stop coming.
did circadian seekers behavior had major change and they now harrass and intimidate players?

how can i stop circadians from invading me?

The first time I interacted with them I killed them near a star gate and nothing happened. A few days later, I was mission running and I saw 3 of them hanging around the star gate of the system I had just warped into. Well, I wanted to see how much of my alpha would wreck them. Got through half their armor in one volley, but their combined dps was too much for my mission ship to handle. So, I warped out Smile.

About a hour later, I got another mission in the same system I shot the seekers at. They were at the gate still and I warped to my mission without any problems even though I thought they were going to lock me. Well, I did the typical checking for d-scan and all that good jazz. Once I was comfy in my mission, I turned on my XL shield booster and started watching netflix. Well, I had the shield booster running the entire time and I had my shield alarms set to 30%. I was watching that new daredevil series and all of a sudden I hear the shield alarm going off. I look at my overview and saw some of the enemy npcs were getting in too close so I started to microwarp away without realizing that it wasn't the mission rats, it was the three seekers I had messed with from earlier on. My XL shield booster would heal roughly 10% of my shields so I assumed no problems.

I look back to my other monitor to continue watching netflix and the shield alarm goes off again. This time I'm at 50% shields and I took a much better look at my overview. This time I saw the seekers and realized what was going on. Unfortunately, I was mircowarping off into a distance where there were no celestial objects to warp to. So I had to do the whale and pray. I was like half a second away from being in warp. Lost a few billion that day lol. I wasn't even mad, just in shock. I never thought that the npcs would be the ones doing the invading Pirate.

It was so close. I had full hull hp, but my armor was stripped. The next volleys didn't even display damage on the hull hp. My ship just popeped Oops. I have definitely been changing my behavior since to compensate for the seekers. Don't get me started on the drifters with their lame dooms day device that guarantee a kill. Around seekers and drifters, never relax man. Never relax.
Shakuul
Infinitus Sapientia
#24 - 2015-05-01 19:12:43 UTC
This is the coolest NPC behavior I have heard of.
Joe Atei
Aes Dei Asher
#25 - 2015-05-01 19:14:29 UTC
Shakuul wrote:

Definitely makes things more interesting.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#26 - 2015-05-01 19:50:55 UTC
Joe Atei wrote:
Shakuul wrote:

Definitely makes things more interesting.

EvE = Everybody vs. Everybody Blink
Fzhal
#27 - 2015-05-03 22:24:42 UTC
I so want this to be true!
Gotta try it.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#28 - 2015-05-03 22:42:26 UTC
Feledain wrote:
So CCP made a true AI by accident?

The end is nigh!

uh, no.
Jack Hayson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-05-03 23:09:49 UTC
Feledain wrote:
So CCP made a true AI by accident?

Nah! They just made them more intelligent than some of their customers.
Yuko Aioi
Gaorun Intelligence and Security Detachment 9
#30 - 2015-05-04 01:36:34 UTC
Well crap,

I better keep an eye out on my seeker kills. Though this does sound highly entertaining.
Falken Falcon
#31 - 2015-05-04 07:47:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Falken Falcon
Well so far after few drifter hunting trips, my standings are at -8.something.

Come at me drifters

Aye, Sea Turtles

13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2015-05-04 09:10:59 UTC  |  Edited by: 13kr1d1
LOL. So something in a game actually has consequences? Reminds me of old 90's games where you could **** off a faction and have all their ships gunning for you after that.

I wonder if any of these drifter or seekers are flown by CCP types. That's be the real funny.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

justin666
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-05-04 09:42:28 UTC
Tbh i hope this expands into all pirate Factions.. Like blood raiders actively hunting you in high sec etc.. Would make eve alot more dangerous which would be awesome.
Commander Spurty
#34 - 2015-05-04 10:09:46 UTC
Perhaps I'm dreaming this up, but didn't they sort of war deck the whole of amarr?

Are you an Amarrian?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Yagubiougami
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2015-05-04 11:37:52 UTC
If this is real and they shoot ships even if they change owners this can be really hilarious.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#36 - 2015-05-04 14:35:20 UTC
This is really cool.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#37 - 2015-05-04 17:15:22 UTC
I now wonder if they can be drawn to the belts and all the AFK-miners there... CODE should definitely be made aware of this!

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Rahmiro
Rockets on the Battlefield
#38 - 2015-05-05 00:44:51 UTC
Try loading up the Captain's Quarters, maybe the drifters will smash open the door.

"They're coming to get you, Barbara."

I never seen these people in my life. I don't recognize them Your Honor

Ryomaru Reaper
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2015-05-05 10:42:47 UTC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hC4I-9UxBo

Official Eve Fanfest video with CCP Frelicus.

This explains what they're doing with the AI system of the drifters at the moment, and certainly it's amazingly good!

I recommend to watch it, even though some might consider this VERY dry, I consider this very fun to watch.

They're surely making great strides in improving the AI, well done CCP.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#40 - 2015-05-05 11:33:58 UTC
Lfod Shi wrote:
Eve tip #831: Wait for threads like this before opening fire on a mysterious new problem.
The timid shall inherit EVE! P

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Previous page123Next page