These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Dev Blog: PLEX for GOOD : Nepal Earthquake Relief

First post First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#1 - 2015-05-01 14:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
[img]http://i.imgur.com/miUuNIV.png[/img]

In the wake of the devastating earthquakes that have rocked Nepal and the surrounding regions over the course of the last week, EVE players have once again banded together to request that a PLEX for GOOD drive is held to provide support for those in need of aid.

We're happy to announce that on the request of the EVE Community, PLEX for GOOD has returned to assist with relief efforts.

Please see this Dev Blog for further information.

For any questions regarding PLEX for GOOD, we have a FAQ on the EVElopedia too!

Please also keep an eye on this post for details of PLEX auctions in support of PLEX for GOOD, where we will be auctioning signed Limited Edition and standard hardcover copies of the Art of New Eden, as well as EVE: Source, EVE Posters and other goodies in the second week of the PLEX drive.

If there are any further questions, feel free to ask in this thread!

- F

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Dominique Vasilkovsky
#2 - 2015-05-01 14:49:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Dominique Vasilkovsky
Good initiative once again CCP.
Mario Putzo
#3 - 2015-05-01 15:06:42 UTC
Excellent news, on behalf of all the folks who initially supported this effort, thanks for getting this put together in such a short time!
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2015-05-01 15:28:44 UTC
Just my own, personal opinion:

I find it most amazing that you can play a computer game for fun and then suddenly get the chance to help people at the other end of the world and potentially help them survive the next month - by just playing a game!

This is simply astonishing and I am proud that the EVE players make this happen.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Cristl
#5 - 2015-05-01 15:43:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Cristl
CCP Phantom wrote:
Just my own, personal opinion:

I find it most amazing that you can play a computer game for fun and then suddenly get the chance to help people at the other end of the world and potentially help them survive the next month - by just playing a game!

This is simply astonishing and I am proud that the EVE players make this happen.

Especially when it's a community of utter bastards :)
Deheler
Muggers Inc.
#6 - 2015-05-01 15:50:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Deheler
Bigger donations by others will undoubtedly follow, but here are ten PLEX from me to start this off.

Contract is up!
Serenit Adoulin
Stille Gewalt
#7 - 2015-05-01 15:53:52 UTC
Awsome.

But what are teh chances to get something else as symbolic gift as well. Maybe genolution implants, quafe zero or a shipskin something like that. To be honesst I would be donating even without any ingame reward, but it might recieve even more attention from more greedy players if there was more ingame reward for it.
After all its just a T-shirt on a small picture few players pay attention to. A SKIN or implant does way better at letting the player now his money didn't just vanished.

-best regards serenit
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#8 - 2015-05-01 16:07:15 UTC
Serenit Adoulin wrote:
Awsome.

But what are teh chances to get something else as symbolic gift as well. Maybe genolution implants, quafe zero or a shipskin something like that. To be honesst I would be donating even without any ingame reward, but it might recieve even more attention from more greedy players if there was more ingame reward for it.
After all its just a T-shirt on a small picture few players pay attention to. A SKIN or implant does way better at letting the player now his money didn't just vanished.

-best regards serenit

Interesting idea. To expand on it: Sell "For charity" Items in the Nex store. That is, items where "The proceeds will be donated to charity". For example, the humanitarian shirts would go for 1750 AUR each. Although, we should most likely avoid any items that give in-game advantage (implants, boosters).

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Mario Putzo
#9 - 2015-05-01 16:28:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Serenit Adoulin wrote:
Awsome.

-best regards serenit

A red cross ship skin would be kind of cool to have as an in game item. With proceeds going to this as well. Kind of like a year round donation drive, with select items being flagged as "donation" items, and then if PLEX for Good pops up again down the road, there would be a pool of money available to draw from as well/
Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#10 - 2015-05-01 16:44:22 UTC
this is another good idea and i'll most likely be donating again.

However i do need to ask a question regarding this times shirts.

Will they be HD, as in can you read the writing on them clearly when previewed or will they be just a recolour of the current ones and all blurry?
Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-05-01 17:12:00 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Serenit Adoulin wrote:
Awsome.

-best regards serenit

A red cross ship skin would be kind of cool to have as an in game item. With proceeds going to this as well. Kind of like a year round donation drive, with select items being flagged as "donation" items, and then if PLEX for Good pops up again down the road, there would be a pool of money available to draw from as well/

Line an 'I gave blood' sticker from donor clinics. I like this idea. It would be a limited duration skin (probably) but a great idea.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Mario Putzo
#12 - 2015-05-01 17:37:21 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Serenit Adoulin wrote:
Awsome.

-best regards serenit

Line an 'I gave blood' sticker from donor clinics. I like this idea. It would be a limited duration skin (probably) but a great idea.

m

Ya it would have to be, to encourage folks to buy them if they like them (30D use or something like that).

Arkady Vachon
The Gold Angels
Sixth Empire
#13 - 2015-05-01 17:45:49 UTC
Contributed, will do so again when I get paid next week, as well.

Thank you CCP Games

Let's do this thing.

:D

Nothing Personal - Just Business...

Chaos Creates Content

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#14 - 2015-05-01 18:43:25 UTC
Good thing! I'll be happy to participate as well as convert any pilots ISK into PLEX for those that does not, or cannot donate PLEX directly to CCP.

All pooled ISK will be going towards buying PLEX then handed over to CCP.

Please mark any transaction PLEX4GOOD so I can keep track of them.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

NekoKitten
Neko Industry 'n' PvE
#15 - 2015-05-01 18:52:59 UTC
Its a good cause ofcourse, I donated PLEX to the last PLEX for GOOD event, however, I forsee the price of PLEX on the market rise to super high heights (like surpassing the 1 billion isk per plex), not giving everyone the change to support this cause. I'm sure thats what CCP wants, cos they prefer 'paying with real money' capsuleers, but I'm sure there are people out there that cant afford Eve Online that way anymore.

I too support the 'AUR for GOOD'-cause. Giving a ship skin in return. Now that would boost MY interest instead of this crummy t-shirt ;)
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#16 - 2015-05-01 19:12:04 UTC
Thanks for doing this CCP!

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ferran Espaillat
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-05-01 22:06:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Ferran Espaillat
I wouldn't want to divert the "PLEX for GOOD" discussion into one that centers around "what's in it for me", since that mindset is the opposite of what charity and good will are about - but I do agree with a few of the other posters in that I think, especially after the debut of the SKIN system, it would be an interesting idea for CCP to explore creating a ship skin that would commemorate each PLEX for GOOD drive.

From my perspective, it's less about "creating isk value" for the items that PLEX donors receive, and more about visibility and memory - not just visibility in front of others, but in front each player in front of a screen playing EVE. Many of us clearly do enjoy the character appearance items whether they are paid, free, or event-based, but in EVE we spend far more time looking at ships (or menus) than we do at the character portraits attached to them.

Up until now, there wasn't much of an option, but with SKINs in place, I think it's an opportunity worth looking into. I know that I'd enjoy bailing out my corpmates on our T1 roams in a disaster-relief Augoror SKIN, and I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone! That sort of visual reminder of what the EVE community has accomplished together creates a memory, which in turn allows other memories to be built upon it.

Regardless, glad that you're running point on this again CCP. You can be assured that we will be very busy in J-space minting mone.... er... destroying hordes of malevolent sleepers up to the deadline to help with contributions.

No flying safe these next two weeks, let's set New Eden on fire, everyone.
Those wrecks won't loot and salvage themselves.

o7
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-05-02 03:21:43 UTC

I'm never complaining about EVE again.

<3

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#19 - 2015-05-02 06:46:44 UTC
Bought the PLEX... will create the contract as soon as it becomes available in the redeeming system.

Thanks CCP for this campaign.
Big Lynx
#20 - 2015-05-02 07:06:39 UTC
I like that!
123Next pageLast page