These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Moon landing conspiracy theories

First post
Author
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2011-12-24 03:01:06 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

There was another Superpower that was highly invested in proving this was a hoax. They had the equipment and intelligence network to do it too if it was.

Must've been Haiti, that's why we made that earthquake there.... to shut them up

No it was North Korea, that's why Obama killed Kim.

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Alara IonStorm
#62 - 2011-12-24 03:10:44 UTC
VKhaun Vex wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

There was another Superpower that was highly invested in proving this was a hoax. They had the equipment and intelligence network to do it too if it was.

Must've been Haiti, that's why we made that earthquake there.... to shut them up

You morons... Roll

I was of course speaking to the Space Race between the United States and the Mole People who live in the Under City.

You Guys are detached from reality.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#63 - 2011-12-24 07:30:34 UTC
There's a Masked Ball going on and you will never be invited to it , give it a rest ... It don't matter who they are, what they want, why they sing the music they sing or do the things they do ... If Kubrick had something right is the ability to portray how limited we are despite our self-delusions of grandeur.

But keep going on, I find the Chaos in this thread amusing Big smile

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#64 - 2011-12-24 09:38:27 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
VKhaun Vex wrote:
Alara IonStorm wrote:

You morons... Roll

I was of course speaking to the Space Race between the United States and the Mole People who live in the Under City.

You Guys are detached from reality.

Clearly this is crab people at work.
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2011-12-24 09:40:52 UTC
Believe it or not I actually hit reply and typed in 'inb4 crab people' and then decided not to spam...Straight

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Alara IonStorm
#66 - 2011-12-24 09:49:35 UTC
VKhaun Vex wrote:
Believe it or not I actually hit reply and typed in 'inb4 crab people' and then decided not to spam...Straight

Oh Vex...

The answer is to Spam always.

It is what made the Internet...

Great!
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#67 - 2011-12-24 10:24:39 UTC
And here I was trying to think of a creative way to inject a pony into this thread
Alara IonStorm
#68 - 2011-12-24 10:29:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
And here I was trying to think of a creative way to inject a pony into this thread

You were having trouble...?

Have you seen the metric ton of Derpy in this thread.

There is only one Pony up for the job!

Go get em!
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2011-12-24 10:43:51 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
Fake Moon...
You saw me landing too slow
Without a camera for space
With a shadow too long
Fake Moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer for
Satelites I really could swear for

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only crosshairs my frame could never hold
I heard somebody whisper please crop me
And when I looked to the moon it was still bare

Fake Moon...
Now I'm no longer on film
Without a fail in my case
Without a curve in my lens

And then there suddenly appeared before me.
The only crosshairs my frame could never hold
I heard somebody whisper please mark me
And when I looked the moon had turned to props

Fake moon
Now I'm no longer behind
Without a ship in the sky
Without a goal of my own

Fake moon
Now I'm no longer behind
Without a ship in the sky
Without... a goal of... my own...

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#70 - 2011-12-24 10:45:33 UTC
I wanted a nice moon related pic so I put luna's name into google. OH God.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#71 - 2011-12-24 10:57:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Arctur Vallfar wrote:
The aliens attacked the WTC? You're sadly mistaken, my friend. A bunch of Human teenagers flying X-Wing and Y-Wing starfighters fired a proton torpedo in to a thermal exhaust port that was only two-meters wide.

I have to admit, though, that a lot of those conspiracy theories out there are interesting reads if you approach them in a sci-fi kind of way. Like those Lunar/Martian 'towers' and other suggestions of ruins dotting the surface. One elaborate hoax in regards to that was a 'secret' film reel from cosmonauts on the moon as they explored a vast network of ancient structures. A quick Google search should bring up plenty of hits for those interested in checking it out.

If you consider CT an interesting SF/Fantasy stuff, you should really go read some actual SF/Fantasy literature. Blink

CT stories aren't good even as a fiction. Which makes sense, as CT nutties would be writing fiction if they could. Lol

(Anyway, some CT is good reading stuff; Charles Berlitz's "The Bermuda triangle" is quite an amusing and well written story full of factual mistakes and shameless lies... But as Italian say; "Se non è vero, è ben trovato")
dan drorgar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2011-12-27 00:24:35 UTC
Akita T wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Explain that, Atticus Fynch.

Don't be lazy, read his links at least before you post something they already address in a convincing manner.

Moon rocks for example can be found on earth. A lot of those allegedly brought from the moon were stolen or lost, so they cannot be examined, how convenient. And NASA gave the dutch National Museum petrified wood and claimed it's a moon rock, rather amusing.
dan drorgar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2011-12-27 00:27:47 UTC
Akita T wrote:
" The Apollo astronauts traveled through the Van Allen radiation belts on the way to the moon; however, exposure was minimized by following a trajectory along the edge of the belts that avoided the strongest areas of radiation.
The total radiation exposure to astronauts was estimated to be much less than the 5 rem set by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity "

NASA article calling radiation a "showstopper" for returning to the moon

Reiisha
#74 - 2011-12-27 00:45:48 UTC
Pale blue dot.

Discussion over.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Alara IonStorm
#75 - 2011-12-27 01:09:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm

Really a Show Stopper.
Quote:
But there's a potential showstopper: radiation

Why potential.
Quote:
Astronauts en route to the Moon and Mars are going to be exposed to this radiation, increasing their risk of getting cancer and other maladies. Finding a good shield is important.

Increasing the risk of disease like not covering your mouth when you cough.

Seems like they are searching for the space equivalent of a new seat belt for there spaceships.

When people said Radiation would not allow a moon voyage I figured they would be instantly fried. Seems it is more along the lines of Chain Smoking in Space.

/Space Travel outside of Orbit, Not Doctor recommended.

dan drorgar wrote:

Don't be lazy, read his links at least before you post something they already address in a convincing manner.

Irony.
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2011-12-27 03:19:40 UTC
dan drorgar wrote:
Moon rocks for example can be found on earth.

Shocked

Lol

Roll

Alara IonStorm
#77 - 2011-12-27 03:25:45 UTC
VKhaun Vex wrote:
dan drorgar wrote:

Shocked

Lol

Roll

Don't be so mean. Everyone knows that you can find Moon Rocks on Earth.

Astronauts brought a whole bunch of them from the Moon...

When they went there. =/
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#78 - 2011-12-27 09:12:32 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
VKhaun Vex wrote:
dan drorgar wrote:

Shocked

Lol

Roll

Don't be so mean. Everyone knows that you can find Moon Rocks on Earth.

Astronauts brought a whole bunch of them from the Moon...

When they went there. =/

I think hement rocks that landed here all by themselves. The irony is we have brought back more moon rocks than have landed here naturally and been found.
Alara IonStorm
#79 - 2011-12-27 09:23:25 UTC
I have found it...

The Truth

It... All... Makes... Sense... Now...
Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2011-12-27 10:32:42 UTC
Santa Claus put the reflectors on the moon, NASA didn't put them there.