These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Stacking Penalty

Author
Eldhih
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-04-25 20:30:41 UTC
What are the stacking penalties for fitting modules that modify the same area. I vaguely recall the 1st one being ~85%. What are the others?
Solecist Project
#2 - 2015-04-25 20:34:35 UTC
This should help. :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Hengle Teron
Rorquals Anonymous
#3 - 2015-04-25 21:05:53 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

wow, that gives some really weird results
Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#4 - 2015-04-25 21:33:34 UTC
Eldhih wrote:
What are the stacking penalties for fitting modules that modify the same area. I vaguely recall the 1st one being ~85%. What are the others?

At the top of my mind - I recall 2nd mod being only 86% effective, with the third one applying only 57% of its effects, and 26% for the 4th one. Smile

Very reasonable ratios.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-04-25 21:49:45 UTC
This game is over 10years (1 decade) old....

You seriously dont know how to use google?
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2015-04-25 22:32:22 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
This game is over 10years (1 decade) old....

You seriously dont know how to use google?

Not everyone are with elite badass nullsec allince like others.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

stoicfaux
#7 - 2015-04-25 22:51:20 UTC  |  Edited by: stoicfaux
Google on "evedev stacking penalty" or "eve university stacking penalty"

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Lucretia DeWinter
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-04-26 00:11:30 UTC
1st mod: 100.0% effectiveness
2nd mod: 86.9% effectiveness
3rd mod: 57.1% effectiveness
4th mod: 28.3% effectiveness
5th mod: 10.6% effectiveness
6th mod: 3.0% effectiveness

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Stacking_penalties

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-04-26 01:45:55 UTC
1st mod: 100.000%
2nd mod: 86.9119842%
3d mod: 57.1037996%
4th mod: 28.2469117%

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Rat Scout
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-04-26 02:08:14 UTC
What is wrong with you people telling him to learn to use google. This game is an MMO and the forums should be used to interact with other players. He asked a legit question, give an answer and move on.

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
Just let it happen
#11 - 2015-04-26 02:17:34 UTC
# Effect Summed
1 1.0000 1.0000
2 0.8691 1.8691
3 0.5706 2.4397
4 0.2830 2.7227
5 0.1060 2.8287
6 0.0300 2.8586

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Solecist Project
#12 - 2015-04-26 10:11:19 UTC
Rat Scout wrote:
What is wrong with you people telling him to learn to use google. This game is an MMO and the forums should be used to interact with other players. He asked a legit question, give an answer and move on.

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

What is wrong with people like you who do not see how they are being used?

The answer to OPs question can be found within less than a minute.
Instead of seeing how you are being played you even defend those who laugh about you
for putting more effort into it than the OP himself.

For something that can be answered within less than a minute using google.
And the OP knows that.
And laughs about you.

So ... what is wrong with you for being such a tool?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-04-26 11:09:27 UTC
Rat Scout wrote:

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

Your face... it's just Epic!

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Atomic Virulent
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#14 - 2015-04-26 21:12:03 UTC
4 gives you the maximum benefit from the module... more makes the mod irrelevant and less is well.. less effective.
Rat Scout
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-04-26 22:05:41 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Rat Scout wrote:

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

What is wrong with people like you who do not see how they are being used?

The answer to OPs question can be found within less than a minute.
Instead of seeing how you are being played you even defend those who laugh about you
for putting more effort into it than the OP himself.

For something that can be answered within less than a minute using google.
And the OP knows that.
And laughs about you.

So ... what is wrong with you for being such a tool?

Why you be like that and go personal, your kind should be moderated to banned status for the remaining years of EvE.

TOXIC
Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2015-04-27 01:58:20 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
4 gives you the maximum benefit from the module... more makes the mod irrelevant and less is well.. less effective.
I would say three.
Too many benefits to using other modules instead. Stacking too much into one thing gimps ships.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#17 - 2015-04-27 03:34:22 UTC
Rat Scout wrote:

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

decent guideline I would stick to. although at some point realize it may be okay to break.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-04-27 04:47:55 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Rat Scout wrote:

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

decent guideline I would stick to. although at some point realize it may be okay to break.

in the event of resist mods on expensive ships, especially say a maruader or capital, where your already approaching 80% plus across on resists, a 4th aint always so bad. though you get more benefit out of a plate, those arent always available. (though wasnt there a low fitting cost mod that gave a percent armor HP boost, i seem to recall seeing one but never using it)
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#19 - 2015-04-27 05:20:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Note that resist modules ALSO have diminishing returns, as they don't give a bonus to resist, rather they give a bonus to the difference between the current resist and 100%.

Also, one of the most common problems in fits I see is people forgetting that rigs are also treated just like modules. As rigs typically have lower bonuses than modules, the bonus from the rigs is heavily stacking penalized (stacking penalties are applied after the effect strengths are sorted from highest to lowest).

Aenigma's Stacking Penalty Guide v0.99 (skip to chapter 3)
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#20 - 2015-04-27 06:04:37 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Rat Scout wrote:

Trolls.

100%
86%
57%
..... don't go past this

in the event of resist mods on expensive ships, especially say a maruader or capital, where your already approaching 80% plus across on resists, a 4th aint always so bad. though you get more benefit out of a plate, those arent always available. (though wasnt there a low fitting cost mod that gave a percent armor HP boost, i seem to recall seeing one but never using it)

2 EANMs or invluns and one of each specific hardener, is pretty standard on a super cap. an extra hardener on the lowest resist makes some sense. and yea there is a energized armor layering membrane that gives a percentage based armor hp bonus. not sure if it is preferred to fit one of those or a reactive armor hardener?

for a marauder I'm not sure I would go with 4x resist mods. a damage control and bastion aren't on the stack, so resists can get very good very quickly, and as you can't get remote reps in bastion I'm not sure stacking that much resist helps, plus you will be leaving a hole somewhere else. Not sure if there is PVE content that really pushes that? feel like you would just run out of slots too fast. marauder will need its slots to do its job, where a super just needs all the HP it can get, plus will likely have a nearby carrier to refit off of.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

12Next page