These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Anomalies rebalance

Author
Beckett Firesnake
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2015-04-26 07:52:14 UTC
I am in 0.0 conquerable space.
There are 15 anomalies, but only 3 have a small rewarding interest.
I ask myself why making useless stuff?
Perharps the same anomaly could have a different difficulty and reward level. If you enter it and do theNPCs without touching the structures the anomaly could be easier for beginers and if you destroy structures the anomaly could have bigger NPC whith best reward....
I think also that bounties should not be the only reward. tags, ammos, faction nanite pastes, faction cap boosters should loot too.
Cade Windstalker
#2 - 2015-04-26 07:57:58 UTC
There are always going to be things in Eve that "aren't worth your time" relative to other things.

Those anoms are still worth more than you sitting on the forums complaining about them though, and when the alternative is jumping around looking for more profitable anoms they get more attractive from an isk/hour perspective.

Not everything should be optimally valuable either, especially at the expense of game variety.

Without knowing which anoms you're talking about or what the exact situation is it's hard to say if those anoms are all equally dangerous or simply more dangerous for certain ship compositions or what. It's my guess though that the less valuable ones are probably *generally* less dangerous and therefore already offer the kind of granularity you're talking about... they just don't provide maximum value for someone who can do the optimally valuable ones, which is exactly CCP's intent.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2015-04-26 08:05:49 UTC
Anoms need to go as the primary income generator in null space, they just don't work.
Beckett Firesnake
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2015-04-26 08:19:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Beckett Firesnake
I think it is not diffcult to see what I mean.
For example Guristas:
If you already tried to farm anoms you know that Forsaken Hubs have a better ratio than Havens or even Sanctums or Forlon Hub. But there is also the useless ones: all the class 4 to 6 Yards, Rally point, Dens....
Most of the time they are even more difficult to do than Class 7 to 10...
They are there only to make the mass... No one do them even beginers. So just remove them or change them.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-04-26 09:38:15 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Anoms need to go as the primary income generator in null space, they just don't work.

well only 2 ways to do that is to remove NPC-generated money in null altogether, and instead focus its economy on bringing ISK generated in high into null for trade, via exports hauled by thrid party traders, but thats unrealistic because EVE structure is against traditional economic structures

the other way is to add mission NPC's to null stations, and IMO i wouldnt want to see that, if only because it would be highly abusable, totally safe systems via intel channels pumping out ISK like soloing/blitzing level 5's or incursions? no thank you

the reason anoms are whast used is they are a depletable income source, they dont spawn at the participants will and with predictable payout, if they operated like missions, then the economic bar for a newbie to move to nullsec would be shoved WAY up, because the price of everything local would be the hike from being made in "dangerous space" plus another hike because you made the seller work, and then another major hike becauseeveryone is expected to be farming their home system with a blitz-mission alt making incursion level income

we dont wanna force noobs to grind missions for months just so they can afford ammo when they move to null.


then again maybe im completely wrong, i dunno, 3 days without sleep and havent eaten in 18 hours, so whatevs
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2015-04-26 11:50:03 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Nariya Kentaya wrote:

the other way is to add mission NPC's to null stations, and IMO i wouldnt want to see that, if only because it would be highly abusable, totally safe systems via intel channels pumping out ISK like soloing/blitzing level 5's or incursions? no thank you



There is no such thing as safe space in null and CCP are indeed moving forwards with agents in sov space. Anoms don't work because not only are most worth less than running level 3s in empire but they also cannot support even a small number of people per system.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#7 - 2015-04-26 12:22:58 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
There is no such thing as safe space in null and CCP are indeed moving forwards with agents in sov space. Anoms don't work because not only are most worth less than running level 3s in empire but they also cannot support even a small number of people per system.


But I love anomalies. Courtesy of NA, FC, Razor, Spacemonkeys and other sov-space, I was able to fly pirate ships on TQ for the very first time this year.

Please don't take away my income.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2015-04-26 12:40:22 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
There is no such thing as safe space in null and CCP are indeed moving forwards with agents in sov space. Anoms don't work because not only are most worth less than running level 3s in empire but they also cannot support even a small number of people per system.


But I love anomalies. Courtesy of NA, FC, Razor, Spacemonkeys and other sov-space, I was able to fly pirate ships on TQ for the very first time this year.

Please don't take away my income.


Wouldn't think they are going to be removed, just not the primary income for alliances.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#9 - 2015-04-26 13:45:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Wouldn't think they are going to be removed, just not the primary income for alliances.


Pheew..

About alliance income, I am not sure what a good solution might be. It's is not that they don't have anything, quite the opposite.

What I have observed over eight years is that there is still a huge amount of confusion going on. And this time it is not about Goons.
I think the best "income" alliances have is manpower. If you split the manpower you have to small parts of labor, you can create worlds if you allow my drift.

We all have seens alliances come and go and back in the day there were rumors that BoB was unbeatable and see where that went.
I don't think for a second it had something to do with 'income'.

This is EVE as in everyone vs everyone but if you have a case where you have an alliance where people actually work together and not against each other your primary 'income' should be manpower not isk.

If some of the mineral changes go life there should be ample amounts of stuff to mine and to make in either stations or POS's whereever appropiate.
That keeps every member in ships, gear and even advanced gear if you want.

Depending on where you life you may want a pirate boat which also happens to drop from complexes which you can scan down and run with a handful of corp or other alliance buddies.

So the only reason you 'produce' isk would be to pay office bills or sovbills (or not, hehe) which can be done with the export of moon-poo and morphite and megacyte.

I remember when I was with RAGE that I never needed any isk at all but I wasn't into pvp back then but even if I were, we had ample amounts of gear ready go undock at all times.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2015-04-26 14:39:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:

the other way is to add mission NPC's to null stations, and IMO i wouldnt want to see that, if only because it would be highly abusable, totally safe systems via intel channels pumping out ISK like soloing/blitzing level 5's or incursions? no thank you



There is no such thing as safe space in null and CCP are indeed moving forwards with agents in sov space. Anoms don't work because not only are most worth less than running level 3s in empire but they also cannot support even a small number of people per system.


But missions would be, because all but a handful are behind gates. It's literally impossible to be caught behind a gate unless you're afk. The lack of neutrals would arguably make you safer than highsec where threats are difficult to spot.

You could even mission with neuts in system knowing that the only vulnerable time is before you hop the first gate. Decline anything not gated.

It can't be allowed in the current format.
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-04-26 17:15:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Anhenka
afkalt wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Nariya Kentaya wrote:

the other way is to add mission NPC's to null stations, and IMO i wouldnt want to see that, if only because it would be highly abusable, totally safe systems via intel channels pumping out ISK like soloing/blitzing level 5's or incursions? no thank you



There is no such thing as safe space in null and CCP are indeed moving forwards with agents in sov space. Anoms don't work because not only are most worth less than running level 3s in empire but they also cannot support even a small number of people per system.


But missions would be, because all but a handful are behind gates. It's literally impossible to be caught behind a gate unless you're afk. The lack of neutrals would arguably make you safer than highsec where threats are difficult to spot.

You could even mission with neuts in system knowing that the only vulnerable time is before you hop the first gate. Decline anything not gated.

It can't be allowed in the current format.

Even if not gated, as long as the deadspace pocket dumps you at the same warpin spot each time, all you have to do is drop a can to block cloakers, then MJD away from that spot.

On one hand it means that combat probers would need to actually probe people down instead of blitzing anoms, making them safer.

On the other hand missions rarely spawn in the same system, so it would require travel in blingy ships, making hotdropping or drag bubbling people as they travel quite easy.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2015-04-26 17:37:01 UTC
Anhenka wrote:

On the other hand missions rarely spawn in the same system, so it would require travel in blingy ships, making hotdropping or drag bubbling people as they travel quite easy.



Err, no it wouldn't. Unless you think a T2 fit Ishtar or Gila is blingy? Or maybe even a drake?
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-04-26 17:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Anhenka
Danika Princip wrote:
Anhenka wrote:

On the other hand missions rarely spawn in the same system, so it would require travel in blingy ships, making hotdropping or drag bubbling people as they travel quite easy.


Err, no it wouldn't. Unless you think a T2 fit Ishtar or Gila is blingy? Or maybe even a drake?


This may surprise you, but not everyone lives in regions where they have a single cruiser that combines extreme DPS with natural resists that let it shrug off huge amounts of the local damage with ease.

Go to Angel space, or Blood Raider, or Sansha, or Drones, and you will see more than just Ishtars doing PvE.

And if the missions actually give you missions against a variety of enemies with varying damage types and Ewar, or drop you in not at your preferred range, even your members might need to hop out of their AFKtars once in a while.

Imagine that.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2015-04-26 20:54:08 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Anhenka wrote:

On the other hand missions rarely spawn in the same system, so it would require travel in blingy ships, making hotdropping or drag bubbling people as they travel quite easy.


Err, no it wouldn't. Unless you think a T2 fit Ishtar or Gila is blingy? Or maybe even a drake?


This may surprise you, but not everyone lives in regions where they have a single cruiser that combines extreme DPS with natural resists that let it shrug off huge amounts of the local damage with ease.

Go to Angel space, or Blood Raider, or Sansha, or Drones, and you will see more than just Ishtars doing PvE.

And if the missions actually give you missions against a variety of enemies with varying damage types and Ewar, or drop you in not at your preferred range, even your members might need to hop out of their AFKtars once in a while.

Imagine that.



Those are mission ships. They're easily fit to run level fours with no trouble at all. You do not need some blinged out full officer fit navy raven to run level fours. Back when I was in highsec, I ran them in a hurricane (goodnight sweet prince Cry), while my friend ran them in a drake. Not blingy ships.

I still have a missioning maelstrom and geddon somewhere in caldari space. Neither is what I would consider blingy, they're standard T2 fir T1 battleships.

This may surprise you, but I have actually run missions before. In null even. Passive tanked Gila's a little flakey on a damsel in distress run, but that's the closest I had to trouble with it.
Aliventi
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#15 - 2015-04-26 22:29:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Aliventi
Remove anioms. Add local "incursions." Essentially incursion style PvE against local pirates. You can upgrade systems from Scout to Vanguard, then to Assault, then to HQ, and add in a new level called Citadel. Have upwards of 5 site spawning in each system. A Vanguard system could support 5 simultaneous fleets of up to 10 people, or 50 people in a system. Assault would be five 20 person fleets. HQ would be five 40 person fleets. Citadel would be five 100 man fleets.

Why?
  1. Systems can now support upwards of 500 people PvEing at the same time. SOV entities don't need to hold regions of space just to support their ratters.
  2. This would be a great way for alliances to gain bottom up income through the yet to be implemented alliance taxes.
  3. Group PvE prevents solo ganking of targets, and gives the SOV owners a pre-formed defense fleet against any roaming fleets.
  4. Small groups can upgrade their space only as much as they need to. If you can only form 10 people to PvE then only upgrade your system to Vanguard. Or you can set aside a system that is only upgraded to Vanguard for newer players in your alliance.


What will be different from the incursions we know?
  • No end of incursion supercarrier. This is a never ending battle against pirates that want to steal some of the wealth generated by these SOV systems.
  • Seeing how anioms are going away CCP will have to add some sort of loot drop mechanic to these rats to supply meta modules and salvage for rigs.
  • I personally would love to see Hictor and Dictor rats that bubble the PvE fleet. It would be something new and unique that would add risk to the sites.
  • Of course to compensate for the increased risk the payouts of these sites would be higher than highsec incursions. I personally think the payout should shift more towards LP than isk to help limit the isk faucet that these sites will be.


Also, CCP could also add new types of sites. Perhaps there is a tower bash at the end, but you can bring in a super or a dread. Or you can bring in triage to provide logistics. Or you have to kill a pirate dread fleet. Or you have to kill a pirate supercarrier or three pirate supers. Or the pirate fleet has two triage of their own. There are all sorts of cool things CCP can do with new sites.
Another idea would be for CCP to add in a special site that spawns every 75-100 sites. This site has a special ship that can drop a few billion isk in faction items or ship BPCs. Or every 500 sites you have a chance to get a pirate carrier, dread, super or titan BPC. Of course that would require CCP to add those ships to the game.

I am sure there are lots of other cool ideas. Remember: PvE doesn't have to be a boring solo activity.

Thoughts?