These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Epic Arc Community - Hub for guides, teamwork and all things Epic Arc.

Author
Luscius Uta
#41 - 2015-04-17 10:39:24 UTC
I'm about to replay The Minmatar Epic arc, but I wonder where to find the Olfei Medallion these days (other than the market). It used to be found in hackable cans inside an anomaly called "A Demonstration", but now this anomaly is devoid of rats and the cans are empty.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#42 - 2015-04-17 15:11:17 UTC
Luscius Uta wrote:
I'm about to replay The Minmatar Epic arc, but I wonder where to find the Olfei Medallion these days (other than the market). It used to be found in hackable cans inside an anomaly called "A Demonstration", but now this anomaly is devoid of rats and the cans are empty.

Personally I think those anomalies are just regularly farmed for the medallion to sell to people.

I've been able to find them from the anomalies that freshly spawn, but then you have to be more patient. I often just buy the medallions.
Civ Kado
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2015-04-21 15:46:55 UTC
How often can you repeat the epic arcs?
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#44 - 2015-04-21 16:13:00 UTC
Civ Kado wrote:
How often can you repeat the epic arcs?

Once every 90 days, from the day you complete it, or abandon it.

An uncompleted arc will never time out. It must be manually abandoned by quitting the mission.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2015-04-24 04:11:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
Luscius Uta wrote:

Be warned, Heresiology is still bugged and usually keeps refilling the cans you just hacked.

Try it anyway and if you get stuck, petition and tell them you were advised to request both the mission item to hand in as well the mission requirements marked as fulfilled rather than resetting. (Them resetting the mission just means you lose another batch of Ammatar standing for no benefit)
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2015-04-25 23:47:51 UTC
According to the Mosaic Patch Notes / Fixes / Missions & NPC's :

Quote:
A completion issue with the Minmatar epic arc mission 'Heresiology' has been fixed.

Hopefully everything is now back to normal.

DMC
Valterra Craven
#47 - 2015-04-28 20:03:37 UTC
I wonder when they will fix the standings gains.

I've had to submit reimbursement reports. Every. Time. For the caldari epic on every character that I have that runs it.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#48 - 2015-04-28 20:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Imiarr Timshae
Valterra Craven wrote:
I wonder when they will fix the standings gains.

I've had to submit reimbursement reports. Every. Time. For the caldari epic on every character that I have that runs it.

Personally I find it works more if you make sure that you're not in a fleet.

Also being docked where possible helps.

Might just be superstition though Big smile
Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#49 - 2015-05-10 23:08:47 UTC
Just finished the Caldari Arc using the linked guide. All hacking now uses the new hack method. Also, would it be possible to highlight the need for hacking for those missions that require it.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2015-06-27 11:37:06 UTC
I find it interesting how many guides and summaries ignore Sansha path in Amarr arc. Although there's little to say on missions themselves there, so that may be the reason.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#51 - 2015-06-27 17:34:07 UTC
Barrogh Habalu wrote:
I find it interesting how many guides and summaries ignore Sansha path in Amarr arc. Although there's little to say on missions themselves there, so that may be the reason.

Most of us missioners are carebears who avoid low and null :D
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2015-06-27 19:59:48 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Barrogh Habalu wrote:

Eve Survival : Mission Reports has documented the Sansha path in the Amarr Epic Arc.

EDIT :

The Sansha path of the Amarr Epic Arc as well as the other Epic Arcs were all documented first in the Lorebook by Jowen Datloran.

DMC
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2015-06-27 23:10:29 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Eve Survival : Mission Reports has documented the Sansha path in the Amarr Epic Arc.

EDIT :

The Sansha path of the Amarr Epic Arc as well as the other Epic Arcs were all documented first in the Lorebook by Jowen Datloran.

DMC

I know, thanks. I think I've seen links somewhere earlier, probably it was Uni-wiki. It's just that I found relative lack of mention consistent with market indications P

That said, since documentation also indicates that you don't need anything expensive to run those, you'd think people will find it worth it to try it for what, about 400mil, I think.
Gh0stBust3rs
Project.Nova
The Initiative.
#54 - 2015-06-28 02:55:24 UTC
Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#55 - 2015-06-28 09:50:30 UTC
Would you be able to do the epic arcs solo in a gila?

Will gank for food

Ramshack Z
Maeda-Koru Group
#56 - 2015-06-28 14:49:01 UTC
Tarojan wrote:

Right to Rule would be interesting with that nasty EM resistance hole.
Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#57 - 2015-06-28 18:17:48 UTC
Tarojan wrote:

I've done the Amarr Arc, Right to Rule, in an Ishtar with a single EM ward field, however I was sniping for the most part with Curators, with the Gila this is not possible or at least reliable due to drone flight times and web frigates. It's probably possible but not easy.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#58 - 2015-07-07 04:10:26 UTC
Anyone did Amarr Arch (Old Guard version of Chapter 3) getting missions in low sec? "Making an Arrest" is sending me 4 jumps deep into low. Bug or intended?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#59 - 2015-07-07 05:31:34 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Anyone did Amarr Arch (Old Guard version of Chapter 3) getting missions in low sec? "Making an Arrest" is sending me 4 jumps deep into low. Bug or intended?

Never did it in lowsec. But you can do this mission in ceptor or covert ops. No combat in this mission.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#60 - 2015-07-07 05:40:40 UTC
I was under the impression that it wouldn't be in low sec. It's not a question of whether I can do the mission, it's a matter of now I have to go pick up a inty, setup a fit, buy a new jump clone cause this one has 5% hardwiring and +5 attribute imps.

I was asking if that was a glitch or if I need to start bringing a low sec ship from now on even if I intend to run the Amarr side, at which point I might as well run the Sansha side instead. I thought that was the whole point of the Amarr side.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."