These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Dread Pirate Scarlet

Author
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#21 - 2015-04-21 14:29:43 UTC
@Donnachadh

thanks...
I'm not usually running missions just once in a while but I'll read this L3 thread should be interesting.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-04-21 15:33:58 UTC
l0rd carlos wrote:
The better your ISK per LP is, the less it's worth to kill everything.
So if you want to know when it's worth blitzting with your skills, your fitting, your fly style, your ISK/lp item, you have to claculate it yourself.

There is no way around it. Because we don't know those things about you.

Fly the missions and kill everything. Messure the time and money you get out of it. Best if yo do it multiple times. Than do the same with blitzting. Now compare the numbers. Remember to to use the same time interval before comparing.

Here are some old stats, you probably can't use them (Because different fitting, skills etc.) but maybe it gives you an idea on how to optimize your missining: https://i.imgur.com/Gq7ScTl.png (Sorted by: Gewinn/stunde == ISK/h)

First: good job creating such table! Your ISK/hour is based on full completion or blitzing?

How did you completed 'Gone Berserk' in 7 minutes? I've used rail Kronos - it takes significantly more time.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#23 - 2015-04-21 16:00:30 UTC
iirc gone berserk is done when u kill the leader spawn so u just blap all the triggers then blap the leader.
P3ps1 Max
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2015-04-22 14:34:03 UTC
Hop on a t2 battleship and hit that bastion mode and watch how easy that last room isSmile
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-04-22 15:27:27 UTC
Dual boxing, you can kill everything in about 20 minutes.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-04-22 22:38:25 UTC
Anire Scarlet is vulnerable to tackle mods...fit a warp disruptor and tackle her in the second room you get a 7-8M ISK implant + 5M ISK bounty + about 2M in mission completion ISK + the LP reward. So you get almost 15M ISK + LP for 5 minutes if you have the key to the first gate. Love that mission. Didn't know you could kill her twice though.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#27 - 2015-04-23 04:18:07 UTC
imo if you even know a warp disruptor works you aren't doing enough dps.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#28 - 2015-04-23 14:15:01 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Everybody don't have mad turret skills, brah.

Personally I use a shield buffer-fit/MWD Tornado for Dread Scarlet. I pop her once, then pop her twice, get implant and turn-in. Easy peasy.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#29 - 2015-04-23 15:02:05 UTC
I don't have mad skills indeed.
I just released myself from the horrible existence as a miner. I now purify myself with proper turret skills and used sentry drones as crutch until I can properly shoot stuff.
But this mission was bit hit and miss due to the mix of rats in there so now when I know the trick to nuke the boss on the second room I'll manage.

cheers!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#30 - 2015-04-25 05:10:37 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Personally I use a shield buffer-fit/MWD Tornado for Dread Scarlet. I pop her once, then pop her twice, get implant and turn-in. Easy peasy.

if a shield buffer tornado works I really doubt the mad skills are required. she has 4500 HP, not quite sure what the resists are, but for a long time I was using a 6 gun mach. The only time I ever remember not killing her with one shot was when I bounced off the beacon and had a lot of transversial (freak accident batman!)

also I remember popping her and getting the implant with less than stellar dps. If I remember right it was an ishtar with garde IIs before drone damage amps were a thing, so I think that was 538 dps? EFT seems to be suggesting it was even less. although there have been a few changes there and I'm not properly controlling for all them. maybe it was ~700 dps and DDA were a thing, but this is going back a while. 700 dps is a pretty low threshold imo. and pretty much any 1400 setup will instapop her.

Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2015-04-25 05:32:25 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

if a shield buffer tornado works I really doubt the mad skills are required. she has 4500 HP, not quite sure what the resists are, but for a long time I was using a 6 gun mach. The only time I ever remember not killing her with one shot was when I bounced off the beacon and had a lot of transversial (freak accident batman!)

also I remember popping her and getting the implant with less than stellar dps. If I remember right it was an ishtar with garde IIs before drone damage amps were a thing, so I think that was 538 dps? EFT seems to be suggesting it was even less. although there have been a few changes there and I'm not properly controlling for all them. maybe it was ~700 dps and DDA were a thing, but this is going back a while. 700 dps is a pretty low threshold imo. and pretty much any 1400 setup will instapop her.

It took me 2-3 volleys with a 690 DPS rail proteus. I was not aware you could kill her twice I could do with some explanation there.

Projectile turret skills = 0.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#32 - 2015-04-25 05:51:49 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

It was 538. I remember that number well.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#33 - 2015-04-25 06:03:21 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
It took me 2-3 volleys with a 690 DPS rail proteus. I was not aware you could kill her twice I could do with some explanation there.

Projectile turret skills = 0.

yea as soon as you take any offensive action against her the first time she vanishes, luckily turrets hit first and if you can alpha her you get a bonus kill.

the second time I'm not sure exactly how it works, other than it seems to be timed, but not sure when that starts. but having something that is fast warping and/or fast locking like a cruiser hull probably only helps.

it is also one of those things where it is a nice bonus and not necessarily something I would rush into, but shouldn't be seen as way out of reach. I mean for my first year (and probably a lot longer) I was horribly inefficient when it came to pve.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#34 - 2015-04-25 06:18:37 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

just checked and confirmed with a 2009 copy of EFT Lol

with 2x sentry damage rigs. why the hell do I remember these things Shocked

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#35 - 2015-04-25 06:25:27 UTC
lol, figures I say something about bouncing off a beacon, and then just now I bounced off a beacon

Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-04-25 14:34:14 UTC
1400mm artillery = 2x dead Scarlet, 10mil bounty, 9mil implant. Cool
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#37 - 2015-04-27 05:19:02 UTC
I got the version of this mission yesterday with mostly Serpentis rats. Did a full clear in a MJD blaster Kronos in just over half an hour and made just a bit under 100M in bounty+loot. To be honest, this mission was far better when you used to be able to farm the first room as the rats re-spawned every time you warped in and out.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#38 - 2015-04-27 07:16:19 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

just checked and confirmed with a 2009 copy of EFT Lol

with 2x sentry damage rigs. why the hell do I remember these things Shocked

I seriously wonder what this game has chased out of my head over the years to store crap like that.
Luscius Uta
#39 - 2015-04-27 09:31:41 UTC
I have ran this mission in a Gila, Ishtar (with a reactive armor hardener, which really shines here) and Rattlesnake and neither had any trouble (although I used a mobile depot on a Rattlesnake to refit for room-specific tank).

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Previous page12