These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dread Pirate Scarlet

Author
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#1 - 2015-04-20 18:44:47 UTC
L4.

Teach me.

I read all the guides, using T2 mods and faction weapons\sentry drones.

This mission doesn't seems to worth the effort of killing everything except blitzing as it happens yo uare attacked in there with all 4 damage type and you are facing all rat types. Royally annoying.

So any point trying to kill everything in there?
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-04-20 18:56:30 UTC
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
L4.

Teach me.

This mission doesn't seems to worth the effort of killing everything except blitzing as it happens yo uare attacked in there with all 4 damage type and you are facing all rat types. Royally annoying.

Alpha the pirate in room 2 and you get an implant iirc.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#3 - 2015-04-20 18:59:38 UTC
I don't think any implant ever dropped there.
I remember 3 missions which gives good implant drop:
1. Angel Extravaganza
2. some mission with blood raiders chapel.
3. some storyline mission which gives as mission reward that leadership implant.

But from what I read with enough alpha you can kill scarlet twice and get 10 mill in bounties.
Daerrol
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-04-20 19:11:43 UTC
Or be scrub like me and burn her down in room 3. Yes it's worth it. Kill any rats on the way to get gate, kill anire. Get like 15m for 5 mintues of playtime
Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#5 - 2015-04-20 20:09:43 UTC
Daerrol, I thought as much.

cheers.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#6 - 2015-04-20 20:28:42 UTC
With good large projectile skills you can one shot here in room 2, and then again in room 3; and she drops an implant. Pick up the implant, warp out, complete mission with agent.

Now you can do a whole mission clear and kill everything, hover up all the loot, and salvage the wrecks; that will take you awhile, but will give some decent bounties. Some people say a complete mission clear is worth it, but in missioning the LP is where the real isk is at; so it is better to blitz and get on to the next mission.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#7 - 2015-04-20 20:30:59 UTC
this specific mission is problematic because you need omni tank and omni gank as you encounter loads of pirate types in same pocket so it's lot of field refitting or warping to station and back... so not worth the effort I think..

maybe on marauder or something.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#8 - 2015-04-20 21:45:43 UTC
with a ship like a rattlesnake I will take 2 sets of sentries and a gecko and omnitank my ship, deals with a clear all in an almost afk fashion.

I omnitank my ships in general as I don't really want someone warping in with a gank ship and hitting my resist hole (I tested torp raven vs kronos a while back, 2-3 volleys of nova rage torps and bye bye kronos). plus I have the skills and fit where my ships kill enemy ships fast enough I don't really have to worry too much about tank.

even so I just blitz the mission, a volley of 1400s takes her out and I make good money plus get a +3 cha implant.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#9 - 2015-04-20 21:48:20 UTC
I don't know about the rattlesnake.. I hate missiles in general...
once you go insta pop guns.. it's hard to go back.

damn frigs.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#10 - 2015-04-20 22:04:17 UTC
note the drones and afk part :p

but seriously in general I can't stand flying a rattlesnake, even if the drones are awesome. But with rails/lasers you will likely have a damage type issue in this mission, projectiles work pretty okay, but meh, not really worth clearing the mission imo.

Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#11 - 2015-04-20 22:27:08 UTC
Gecko counts as heavy drone?
maybe omni tanked gecko rattlesnake?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#12 - 2015-04-20 23:32:13 UTC
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
Gecko counts as heavy drone?
maybe omni tanked gecko rattlesnake?

yep Cool

I think someone called it a battleship that launches a thorax

Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-04-21 00:38:25 UTC
I use LMJD FOF Raven/Navy Raven.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-04-21 05:15:22 UTC
Partly depends who you are missioning for.

If the agent corp is someone with cr@p isk/lp like CN or Fed Navy then a full clear gives about 30 mill in bounties.

If you are getting proper ISK/LP (better than 2 to 1) you are better off with blitzing.
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#15 - 2015-04-21 07:55:45 UTC
The better your ISK per LP is, the less it's worth to kill everything.
So if you want to know when it's worth blitzting with your skills, your fitting, your fly style, your ISK/lp item, you have to claculate it yourself.

There is no way around it. Because we don't know those things about you.

Fly the missions and kill everything. Messure the time and money you get out of it. Best if yo do it multiple times. Than do the same with blitzting. Now compare the numbers. Remember to to use the same time interval before comparing.

Here are some old stats, you probably can't use them (Because different fitting, skills etc.) but maybe it gives you an idea on how to optimize your missining: https://i.imgur.com/Gq7ScTl.png (Sorted by: Gewinn/stunde == ISK/h)

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Yolli Sly
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-04-21 10:47:08 UTC
I did :) “Scarlet” this morning for abought 1h 20 min, 3 systems away flight. ~32 mil full bounty/loot/salvage/reward + LP.
Passive Gila + 3MTU + 4x2 fleet drone of each type + inferno fury lights + Noctis. 5.2 mil SP pilot, so
Gila has no enough alpha to one-shoot-kill Scarlet = no implants.
Sinclair Spectrum ZX
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-04-21 11:14:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Sinclair Spectrum ZX
Tipa Riot wrote:
Nalelmir Ahashion wrote:
L4.

Teach me.

Alpha the pirate in room 2 and you get an implant iirc.

This.

Drops Social adaptive Implant I believe. Worth around 10-12 mil.

Usually do it in a Navy Domi or Mach.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#18 - 2015-04-21 13:29:00 UTC
Yolli Sly wrote:
I did :) “Scarlet” this morning for abought 1h 20 min, 3 systems away flight. ~32 mil full bounty/loot/salvage/reward + LP.
Passive Gila + 3MTU + 4x2 fleet drone of each type + inferno fury lights + Noctis. 5.2 mil SP pilot, so
Gila has no enough alpha to one-shoot-kill Scarlet = no implants.

Fit a disruptor and point her so she can't warp away in room 3.
Nalelmir Ahashion
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#19 - 2015-04-21 14:14:54 UTC
you can use point on rats ? O_O
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#20 - 2015-04-21 14:24:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Never been a problem for me omni tank and go for it. Run Dread in a domi, navy domi, raven, navy raven, abaddon, rattle, golem, even in an ishkur. Have to admit they are all easy mode compared to using the Ishkur.

Missiles have a small advantage in some ways with select-able damage types that you can easily change on the fly, but not enough so to make them the "best" to use, or even to rate a real recommendation.

Drones have the same benefits/disadvantages as missiles.

Clear vs Blitz is and always will be a big decision for each pilot.

Many just enjoy wading through the pockets killing everything in sight and that is just as valid as any other reason to run them.

Blitz can lead to more ISK because LP to ISK but this is not always the truth for all pilots and in all situations.

Blitz always was and always will be the best way to max LP no matter what you intend to do with that LP.

Having a second account that can follow one room behind and salvage/loot is critical to making full clear a viable ISK making option and depending on the particular sub-set of missions an agent gives out this can have the best ISK/hr ratio.

If you are running missions for ISK/hr then 4's is not where you need to be, blitzing 3's in a properly set up ship is the king of ISK/hr for mission runners. Lost the link to the topic here that discussed this but a search should find it easily.

Esit

Found the link https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=408949&find=unread
12Next page