These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What defines 'a good citizen' of Eve?

First post
Author
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#41 - 2015-04-17 00:49:51 UTC
Good citizens are polite to one another and respect each others playstyles.

Even while exchanging laser beams and high velocity projectiles.
Zealous Miner
Doomheim
#42 - 2015-04-17 01:12:59 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
So sorry Zealous Miner, I must hold on to this treasure that was bequeathed to me, for I dare not lose all I have gained to greed. Somethings, money cannot buy.

I can respect that.Cool

Fedo. Fedo? Fedo!

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#43 - 2015-04-17 02:04:32 UTC
I'm actually surprised that you haven't made any proclamations about your intent on the IGS yet. FW bickering is getting stale over there.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Wendrika Hydreiga
#44 - 2015-04-17 02:12:57 UTC
One day I am going to be a good roleplayer like Maximilian Singularity VI!

Please come to the IGS and call everyone Heretics! It would be the best day ever for me! Plus, Heresy is bad!
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#45 - 2015-04-17 02:21:59 UTC
Wendrika Hydreiga wrote:
Heresy is bad!

That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I quite enjoy a bit of heresy every now and again. It spices things up.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Eve Solecist
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#46 - 2015-04-17 07:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Solecist
Wendrika Hydreiga wrote:
One day I am going to be a good roleplayer like Maximilian Singularity VI!

Please come to the IGS and call everyone Heretics! It would be the best day ever for me! Plus, Heresy is bad!

Makes me wonder if he's the new reason why THE FEDERATION MUST BE DESTROYED!!!! xD
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Eve Solecist
#47 - 2015-04-17 07:17:58 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
There is no good or bad, only predator and prey. Pirate

those you be good/bad at,

im bad at being prey...i keep killing and eating things.What?

lol noob can't die like everyone else.

;)
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Jenshae Chiroptera
#48 - 2015-05-18 10:45:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
So ... I found out that CVA does not hold Empress Jamyl as their ruling leader, as she is a clone. There is some other guy that is living, hasn't died and is in the direct blood line
This might go some way to explaining why they aren't in empire space but making a neighbouring state.

Goons would do CVA a service if they de-throne Jamyl.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#49 - 2015-05-18 11:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
There is no good citizen without laws for this citizen and force that reacts when laws are ignored, punishing bad citizen.

Thus - CONCORD.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#50 - 2015-05-18 11:26:26 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
... Thus - CONCORD.
Public service reminder: Concord is retribution and not protection.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#51 - 2015-05-18 11:51:38 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Max Singularity wrote:
The Lore is in our face and soon it shall be boiling.
Interesting times ahead I would say!
Max Singularity wrote:
What defines a 'good citizen' in Eve?
In all modesty? Me. Twisted

ISD Bragging.... but you are only AI for the forums!! You arent a citizen as you dont technically exist in Eve proper.

Quote:

Zealous Miner wrote:
Max Singularity wrote:

A 'good citizen' is someone who would sell me those fancy duds you're wearing, Max.Blink

I wear these one of a kind in-game garments as the White Papal Robes in Eve to be humbled and remind me daily of the community that took this 55 year old man, gave him undeserving titles for LOLs, and gave me the best on-line and Fanfest experience one could ever wish for. I am indeed living the life of the Eve "Butterfly Effect" video because of the most of you.

Subscribing to Eve: $14.95 a month
Going to Fanfest 2015: About $2000ish bucks
Winning the Cosplay Event: (20 plex, Ticket to FF2016, Razor Keyboard/Headset, one of a kind in-game swag)
Watching an entire alliance change their name and declair their devotion to my RP movement...

PRICELESS

So sorry Zealous Miner, I must hold on to this treasure that was bequeathed to me, for I dare not lose all I have gained to greed. Somethings, money cannot buy.

Self pompous blowhard will go far in Eve but a "good citizen" they do not make!!

Good citizens keep their heads down and dont praise themselves. Good citizens make their isk for their corporations, their gods, their fame and fortune and for their revenge and retribution from the oppressors!! Good citizens.... dont exist!! LMFAO its a trick question!! Only those who live forever exist!! The rest are infidels and dogs before the fate of death!!

But a good citizen is one that never dies!!Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Drammie Askold
Hideaway Hunters
The Hideaway.
#52 - 2015-05-18 12:29:02 UTC
"Neither good nor evil exist, merely consequences" Lenin

As the blessed St. Reptilicus said "Some days you can't get a drink on the cuff anyplace."

Eve Solecist
#53 - 2015-05-18 13:17:52 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
So ... I found out that CVA does not hold Empress Jamyl as their ruling leader, as she is a clone. There is some other guy that is living, hasn't died and is in the direct blood line
This might go some way to explaining why they aren't in empire space but making a neighbouring state.

Goons would do CVA a service if they de-throne Jamyl.

Nice necro, a month and a day later. ^_^
Jenshae Chiroptera
#54 - 2015-05-18 13:25:30 UTC
Eve Solecist wrote:
... Nice necro, a month and a day later. ^_^
Necros doesn't exist when you can't start redundant threads. Blink

Not even once

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#55 - 2015-05-18 14:49:00 UTC
Kenneth Endashi wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
We are not 'citizens' thats a different game.

I reject yoru definition of good and bad, as there is no good or bad, just humans being human. Good and bad is a matter of perception

We aren't even human. We are c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ immortal.

Fixed. Either way not even close to a citizen.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-05-18 18:18:04 UTC
Even in real life when people have done their time in jail, society claims thats supposed to be having paid their debt to society, yet someone who has done that is still considered an "ex-con" and treated like a disease for the rest of their life.

In EvE its even more so because there's a limited amount of trust and its easier to write people off.

No, you can't redeem yourself in EvE. Play a character to be good or bad from the start of the game. Ironically it makes what you do more important in EvE because there's no going back.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2015-05-18 18:19:31 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Kenneth Endashi wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

I reject yoru definition of good and bad, as there is no good or bad, just humans being human. Good and bad is a matter of perception

Sorry, but when concord has power to condemn you for your acts, yes, you're still a citizen.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#58 - 2015-05-18 19:50:18 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Max Singularity wrote:
The Lore is in our face and soon it shall be boiling.
Interesting times ahead I would say!
Max Singularity wrote:
In all modesty? Me. Twisted

ISD Bragging.... but you are only AI for the forums!! You arent a citizen as you dont technically exist in Eve proper.
Let me assure you that I am a capsuleer just like you with a very real presence on Tranquillity and in New Eden. Technically or otherwise.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#59 - 2015-05-19 05:39:09 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Kenneth Endashi wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

Sorry, but when concord has power to condemn you for your acts, yes, you're still a citizen.

They cant do anything that matters to an immortal, and they cant do anything at all in null or Wspace.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Bruce Kemp
Best Kept Dunked
Train Wreck.
#60 - 2015-05-19 06:00:40 UTC
Someone that gets more kills than losses. Twisted