These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Story Agents don't work

Author
nVus Antollare
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-04-14 15:39:42 UTC
Story agents, when will they work?

16x distribution missions should get you distribution mission with the "distribution storyline agent" in the same system, right?
WRONG

Why is this?

And why add more burner missions before fixing the above? How much time it take?
Nalia White
Tencus
#2 - 2015-04-14 19:33:06 UTC
check your journal. the story mission does not have to be in the same system!

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

nVus Antollare
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-04-14 19:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: nVus Antollare
Nalia White wrote:

this isnt about that, its about the fact that dispite all your efforts to get an agent and a story agents close to one another and the same type for both, they'll still offer you a misssion thats random be it mining distro or security, and nothing to do with the type of agent (there are types of story agents)

so just to be clear 16x Distro = Distro Story (from nearest story agent of thet type)

As it is now, you'd be lucky to get one every 64x missions

Its broke, and needs to be fixed. Or removed or give us a choice, but it is still broke.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2015-04-15 05:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
nVus Antollare wrote:
Nalia White wrote:

this isnt about that, its about the fact that dispite all your efforts to get an agent and a story agents close to one another and the same type for both, they'll still offer you a misssion thats random be it mining distro or security, and nothing to do with the type of agent (there are types of story agents)

so just to be clear 16x Distro = Distro Story (from nearest story agent of thet type)

As it is now, you'd be lucky to get one every 64x missions

Its broke, and needs to be fixed. Or removed or give us a choice, but it is still broke.

Wrong. You get a storyline for every 16 completed missions with the SAME CORPORATION handing out the missions and same mission level. If you run 15 missions for Ministry of War and then run another with Kador Family Bureau, you will not receive an offer for a storyline until either A) you run one more with Ministry of War or B) you run 16 total with Kador Family Bureau. Missions awarded towards the next storyline are persistent despite what ever order you run them in and only count with missions that are the same type and host Corporation the agent or agents offering them are in.

In other words, every NPC Corp keeps a hidden count of distribution, security, etc. missions you run for them an no one count affects any others. Missions are counted within the same tally if those missions are from the same Corporation and are all the same level. The mission type (distribution, sec., etc.) and location (system, constellation, region) do not affect this.

Also, the type of storyline agent is not garenteed and may offer a type other than the type you recieved from your last non-storyline agent for that Corporation: 16 distribution missions will not always yield a distribution storyline mission, it depends on the agent handing it out).

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

nVus Antollare
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-04-15 10:58:42 UTC
This just reminds me how meticulous I need to be in this forum.

You just listed how it is, I'm saying how it should work.
If I do 16x distribution with corp A and corp A also has a Distribution Story Agents in the same system, s/he should offer me the story mission. And it would be also great if that Distribution Story Agents also gave me Distribution Story Missions and not some randomly picked one of a random type.

If we've gone to the trouble beforehand and choose an agent to work for based solely on its location/proximity to a story agent of the same type and corporation using the filters on the agent finder, in order to eliminate the situation you've outlined and describe above. You'd still get security or mining storyline missions from that Distribution Storyline Agent.