These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is there only one way to play this game now?

Author
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#21 - 2015-04-14 14:23:38 UTC
Code tends to operate in a limited area. I have mined happily in an out of the way hi sec spot with no troubles.

Heck even in Otela, I rarely see CODE. They stick to their area and rarely spread out.

Don't confuse a vocal minority on the forums for a majority in game. They are not an issue to most places in high sec.

And if you are that stressed/worried, switch to mission mining. They are even less likely to probe you down and the mining will still leave you free to chase butterflies.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-04-14 14:26:57 UTC
Are sure there's even one way to play this game?
Iroquoiss Pliskin
9B30FF Labs
#23 - 2015-04-14 14:37:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Iroquoiss Pliskin
Attention Locator Agents are being operated in overdrive. Attention
Samwise Everquest
Plus 10 NV
#24 - 2015-04-14 14:42:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Samwise Everquest
Uh do people actually consider code a threat? If you fit your barge around tanking 2 catalyst, you will stop 95% of the ganks in highsec. Actually being at the keyboard will probably raise that statistic to 99. If you can't adapt to **** fit catalysts being flown by 400k sp alts then I don't know what to tell you.

Pras Phil.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Warped Intentions
#25 - 2015-04-14 15:11:47 UTC
Edward Gibbon wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

Uh, yea, this is why CODE exists.

So a ship, sitting in space, doing literally nothing, is a massive problem?

I'll keep an eye out on this thread, but I think my question has been answered.

OK too much reddit. I'm completely out of form for GD.
Ro Fenrios
Armilies Corporation
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#26 - 2015-04-14 15:13:24 UTC
I do like to pvp in procurer or hull tanked retriever from time to time.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#27 - 2015-04-14 15:28:51 UTC
CODE and its allied Agents can't force you to play the game in any particular way. We can however try to compel you to adapt within the sandbox. CODE is a force within the game seeking to bend a certain segment of players to their will, much like Goonswarm is seeking to bend the players in the Delve region to ours. This game is just a cycle of influence. Take away the ability of players to influence goings-on in Highsec (i.e. the creation of a "safe space") defeats the purpose of this game.

Only CCP can force changes, and this is one that they've steadfastly refused to force. Even with all the buffs to Highsec security over the years (and there have been A LOT), they've left open enough room for gankers to adapt and keep doing their thing. It's on the miners and afkers to adapt in turn.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#28 - 2015-04-14 16:13:33 UTC
Edward Gibbon wrote:
I've been playing Eve for years now, longer than I ever planned to. Other games grab my attention from time to time, but I always come back. One of the things that always had me coming back was the community, but that seems to be getting badly fractured. It's been a while now and these CODE people seem to be gaining numbers. They've got their supporters and their detractors.

My problem with them is two fold: They're fanatics (they exactly the same language and tactics of the Gamergate crowd, but that's another post that's just going to cause a lot of problems), and that provokes a fanatical response from those who oppose them. This doesn't ultimately help any one. But my largest problem is their utter insistence that the game be played exactly their way, and the increasing efforts they're going to make sure that Eve is only played their way.

I love the emergent gameplay that I've seen over the years. As someone whose life revolves around economics and sociology, this game never fails to be interesting. That interest is waning though. I've got a family these days. I can mine, and play with the kids at the same time. I can blow stuff up when they're asleep and I can focus more attention on things. These CODE people don't seem to want me mining, and if I'm only going to be able to shoot stuff exclusively, then I'll play other games.

It's like they're trying to turn this into League Of Legends: A game can only be played in one very specific way with a toxic community that enforces those views.

Your problem is that you are not plying the game but are AFK taking care of your children. CODE. helps you realize that you in order to play this game you have to actually be at the keyboard. You are no loss to the community because you're not part of the community while being AFK.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#29 - 2015-04-14 16:14:00 UTC

Stealth dual mode thread.
Anti-GG. Go ahead and launch your aGGro tropes. They will all fail.
Pro CODE. CODE. is actually shrinking in numbers and they are not as active as they were previously. Saying they are growing in numbers is a "stone soup" maneuver. in some areas of operation their activity curve is generally flat. In the highsec gank pipelines they are down.

Nice try.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#30 - 2015-04-14 16:15:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolai Serkanner
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
That's cute that you reply to help, haven't you learned to spot CODE alts yet?
There is always the possibility that they are geniune ( or that a miner will read my response and want to know more.)
Quite a small effort to help throw spanners in CODE's way of play.

Helping by sending people to not existing anti-gank groups? Perhaps you better teach him to be not AFK and how to fit his barge.
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2015-04-14 16:16:54 UTC
The only way to play is to have an active account.

/thread
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#32 - 2015-04-14 16:37:39 UTC
Edward Gibbon wrote:
Is there only one way to play this game now?.

It certainly seems like the only way to play the game is to run to the forum and cry the minute someone else does something you don't like.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#33 - 2015-04-14 17:01:52 UTC
You do know there are 7k+ systems, code is not everywhere, just get away from the main mining hubs, there are plently of systems in hs with lots of ore and zero people in them. Find one, mine to your hearts content.

or find a quite wormhole, get on during less play time, have yoru dscan open and be ready to run and mine till you don;t want to.

or join a null sec corp, and mine there ores in relitive safty.

or pay code's "protection money"

there i just gave you 4 ways to play. not that bloody hard

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#34 - 2015-04-14 17:21:18 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
You do know there are 7k+ systems, code is not everywhere, just get away from the main mining hubs, there are plently of systems in hs with lots of ore and zero people in them. Find one, mine to your hearts content.

or find a quite wormhole, get on during less play time, have yoru dscan open and be ready to run and mine till you don;t want to.

There goes DaReaper again, offering -effort- fileld solutions to people who don't want solutions, but rather 'fixes' from the pwoers that be.

If the complainers were the type who would take your advice, they'd have never been victims of CODE to begin with and wouldn't need your advice Cool
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#35 - 2015-04-14 17:31:44 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
DaReaper wrote:

There goes DaReaper again, offering -effort- fileld solutions to people who don't want solutions, but rather 'fixes' from the pwoers that be.

If the complainers were the type who would take your advice, they'd have never been victims of CODE to begin with and wouldn't need your advice Cool

true, maybe someday someone will listen. lol

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#36 - 2015-04-14 17:34:00 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
That's cute that you reply to help, haven't you learned to spot CODE alts yet?
There is always the possibility that they are geniune ( or that a miner will read my response and want to know more.)
Quite a small effort to help throw spanners in CODE's way of play.

Helping by sending people to not existing anti-gank groups? Perhaps you better teach him to be not AFK and how to fit his barge.
I sent him quite a bit of advice along those lines and directions to other resources.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#37 - 2015-04-14 17:36:12 UTC
I do believe OP to be a CODE agent, craving attention. But just in case (and why not)....

First of all, whatever your beef is with CODE, its obviously restricted to h-sec. Since I play this game as well and many more like me are rarely seen in h-sec, "game" is too broad a term. There are many ways to play this game. Your h-sec stuff is only 1 of them. As such, I find your narrow mindedness much more toxic than CODE's h-sec BS.

You can just do exactly what CODE does and do whatever you want to do without worrying how it impacts the game of somebody you don't even know.

This is only toxic to you because you label it as such. Others view the exact same thing as "fun". (I hear some of those types even have a manifest and stuff)
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Hell's Kitchen.
#38 - 2015-04-14 17:36:21 UTC
Dont be part of the problem, be part of the solution, move out of highsec :)

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#39 - 2015-04-14 17:44:24 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLL!!!

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Jenshae Chiroptera
#40 - 2015-04-14 17:49:01 UTC
John E Normus wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAALLLLL!!!
Something about your avatar makes me think of this video

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.