These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

2 RR Domis or 2 Sentry Sniping Domis for Lev 4 Missions?

Author
Kadeva Kodocham
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-04-10 09:25:37 UTC
Hello peoples. I just about finishing training my 2 characters for Dominix and I'm having soo much trouble deciding on what type of Domi fit I should be using for level 4 missioning. Originally my plan was to use the RR domis for C3 wormholing but once I went into that wormhole I got such a chill that I almost wet myself when I saw a white light zooming right by me. ...AH anyways I think I'll wait until venturing into the unknown and start with doing some missioning. And now I'm wondering if the RR domis fit is viable for doing lev 4 missions or is the sentry sniping fit the way to go with doing missions? I hear the the Sleepers AI agro the Domis for their RR in use and don't primary the sentry drones, do missions NPC rats AI agro is the same fashion?
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#2 - 2015-04-10 09:45:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
When I was in null doing anoms I was using duo of these:

[Dominix, spider armor]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Sensor Booster II

Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Large Remote Armor Repairer II

Large Ionic Field Projector I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor I
Large Egress Port Maximizer I

Bouncer II x5
Warrior II x5

Warp at 100k, drop sentries, lock each others and run cap transfer or RR when/if needed. Easy mode but I was manually locking and shooting rats, no assist mumbo jumbo.

I would say for L4s duo sentry domi is more than enough no matter how you fit them unless you failfit completely. One of them can do L4s no problems assuming you are not an idiot with triggers in heavier missions.

Edit:

About rats sentry aggro: they tend to shoot them but if you keep an eye on your drones' health bars all you need is scoop that one poor guy back to drone bay, wait some time and redeploy it. Or if you go with RR fit you can just rep your sentry although I found it more time and attention consuming than just sacrificing little dps by scooping it for a moment. Also it's not like whole spawns are shooting only your drones, it's usually just one or two rats, frigs and cruisers most of the times.

Invalid signature format

Xylem Viliana
homeless bum
#3 - 2015-04-10 14:39:37 UTC
similar to Schmata Bastanold's fits you can adapt them for non-MJD and sit in the middle of it all.

Highs
2*DLA
2*large cap transer
2*large remote repper

Mids
sebo
3* omni
prop mod

Lows (fit these as you see fit)
3-4* DDA's
1600mm plate
few spots for resists

Rigs
t1 remote egress
2* t1 remote rep augmentor

Drones to suit, I used gecko*2 hammer *2 and 1 hob plus flight of curator and garde.
In your cargo
1 extra remote repper, alternate prop mod mobile depot scrips for omnis and sebo.

slight variation can work in C3's easily too
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#4 - 2015-04-10 15:14:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
Yeah, my fit was specifically for anoms where you have freedom of warping in at desired range. MJD was more about having possibility to jump away if layout of an anom put rats actually right next to me instead of at range.

With my skills each of my duo domis makes 650 dps with optimals of 82k and falloffs of another 60 - 70k. Drone control range is few kms short of lock range which is 150k+. With such ranges you don't need a lot of tank and that's why I only had hardener and 2 x EANMs in lows. Could probably go with single EANM but whatever.

With missions more often then not you have a gate which takes you into mission pocket so either use MJD to get range or as Xylem suggests fit for enough tank to survive initial blast and just slug your way out with sentries. Domi is a great sentry boat when used properly and offers quite a lot of fitting options to different tastes and play styles. Use it to your advantage.

Invalid signature format

Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#5 - 2015-04-10 16:47:56 UTC
When I was looking into dual boxing L4's with Domi's it was suggested that 2 RR domi's was overkill. So I setup 1 domi for max DPS and setup the other one for RR + assisted sentry drones.

Main domi warps into the pocket and sets out sentries. 2nd domi warps in, locks main domi, assigns sentries to main, drops MTU if desired, and then just watches for drone agro or need to RR main (or repair self on rare occasions).

I would fit w/MWD instead of jump drive in almost all cases. Main would use a TP to focus assisted drone attack.

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#6 - 2015-04-10 21:08:27 UTC
If you can fit t2 modules, you are good without RR in L4 missions.
99% of time I clear pocket at beacon.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#7 - 2015-04-11 02:27:18 UTC
Not flown a Domi in missions for along time so no advice there.

Schmata Bastanold mentioned warping in at 100k and that is rarely possible in missions so you will find yourself having to warp into the pockets and then move out to distance. Just something for you to consider as you put together your fit.
Kadeva Kodocham
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-04-11 03:08:54 UTC
I see so either fits are more than enough for lev 4 missions when dual boxing Domis. Well this is the fit I wanted to do when doing C3's and I wanted to use the lev 4 missions as a training ground to become more efficient at using the 2 RR domis.
For C3's I'll switch out the Wardens II's for Hammerhead II's

Highs
1x DLA II
3x Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
2x Large 'Solace' Remote Armor Repairer

Mids
1x Large Micro Jump Drive
1x 100MN AB II
2x Omni Tracking Link II (Tracking Scripts)
1x Heavy Cap Booster II or Cap Recharge II or another Omni Tracking Link II (optimal range script)

Lows
3x DDA II
1x DC II
2x EANM II
1x Coreli A-Type Explosive Plating

Rigs
2x Large Remote Repair Augmentor I
1x Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II

Drones
5x Gardes II
5x Bouncers II
3x Wardens II
10x Hobs II

This fit requires CA-1, CA-2 and a 3% CPU implant. When doing C3's I'll be using a armor/info link booster and a scanning/salvaging toon.

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2015-04-11 11:39:00 UTC
anything that can do c3 sites will afk level 4 missions.
Moor Deybe
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-04-11 14:40:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Moor Deybe
Hi,

I ran a RR Domi pair in null for several months and made billions, so I'd say you're definately on the right track there.
I know your question was re level 4's and then C3's, but this may be of interest......

If you drop the extra Large Remote Repair Augmentor I and fit a Large Egress Port Maximizer I instead, with the appropriate skills (Remote Armor Repair Systems and Capacitor Emission Systems), you can be cap stable while dropping the 3rd Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II.

Why bother? well that should remove the need for implants, and leave room for a nice Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I.
Not needed in level 4's but very handy in more dangerous space for when any unwanted guests arrive. One of those will shutdown anything fast enough to warp in and catch you, two will give serious difficulties to larger ships.

To reduce the amount of clicking locking targets and directing two sets of drones, I'd recommend using drone assist and therefore using a Target Painter on the "shooter", and a Remote Sensor Booster II with a Scan Resolution Script on the "Assister" for faster locking on the "shooter".

You'll then be effectively flying a single Domi with 10 drones, just remember to use squad/fleet ward when leaving Smile
e.g.

[Dominix, Shooter]

Coreli A-Type Explosive Plating
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Remote Repair Augmentor I
Large Drone Control Range Augmentor II

[Dominix, Assister]

Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II
Remote Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II

When you're more confident with the whole setup, you could drop the extra low tank mod to get the 4th Drone Damage Amplifier on there for more DPS Smile

I found that in anoms, by the time you've fleet warped in, adjusted the range as warping in at 100m can land you anywhere between 70km and 110km for "reasons", aligned to a safe spot / POS, setup the remote cap transfer, armor reps, dropped both sets of drones and setup the drone assist, the rats have already started aggroing one of the Domis, so they left the drones alone thereafter.

With regard to wormholes, I've found the rats AI very different with drones being targetted much more, Sleepers close range very quickly making the longer range sentries with lower tracking less useful.
Make use of the test server when perfecting a setup there.

HTH
Kadeva Kodocham
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-04-11 21:29:26 UTC
Moor Deybe wrote:
Hi,

I ran a RR Domi pair in null for several months and made billions, so I'd say you're definately on the right track there.
I know your question was re level 4's and then C3's, but this may be of interest......

If you drop the extra Large Remote Repair Augmentor I and fit a Large Egress Port Maximizer I instead, with the appropriate skills (Remote Armor Repair Systems and Capacitor Emission Systems), you can be cap stable while dropping the 3rd Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter II.

Why bother? well that should remove the need for implants, and leave room for a nice Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I.
Not needed in level 4's but very handy in more dangerous space for when any unwanted guests arrive. One of those will shutdown anything fast enough to warp in and catch you, two will give serious difficulties to larger ships.

To reduce the amount of clicking locking targets and directing two sets of drones, I'd recommend using drone assist and therefore using a Target Painter on the "shooter", and a Remote Sensor Booster II with a Scan Resolution Script on the "Assister" for faster locking on the "shooter".

You'll then be effectively flying a single Domi with 10 drones, just remember to use squad/fleet ward when leaving Smile
e.g.

[Dominix, Shooter]

Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II

[Dominix, Assister]

Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
100MN Afterburner II
Remote Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
Cap Recharger II

Drone Link Augmentor II

When you're more confident with the whole setup, you could drop the extra low tank mod to get the 4th Drone Damage Amplifier on there for more DPS Smile

I found that in anoms, by the time you've fleet warped in, adjusted the range as warping in at 100m can land you anywhere between 70km and 110km for "reasons", aligned to a safe spot / POS, setup the remote cap transfer, armor reps, dropped both sets of drones and setup the drone assist, the rats have already started aggroing one of the Domis, so they left the drones alone thereafter.

With regard to wormholes, I've found the rats AI very different with drones being targetted much more, Sleepers close range very quickly making the longer range sentries with lower tracking less useful.
Make use of the test server when perfecting a setup there.

HTH

Thank you soo much Moor Deybe. that was very very useful info. My main interest in using RR Domis is indeed for doing C3 wormholes. Right now I'm unskilled at using the RR domis and wanted to improve my skills by doing lev 4 missions. The Large Egress Port Maximizer Rig was one that I was completely unaware of. I love having tank and plenty of cap so which is better for more cap from using 2 x Large Port Egress Port Maximizer Rig or 1x Large Port Egress Port Maximizer Rig and 1x Large Remote Repair Augmentor ?
Moor Deybe
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-04-11 22:49:33 UTC
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:
Thank you soo much Moor Deybe. that was very very useful info. My main interest in using RR Domis is indeed for doing C3 wormholes. Right now I'm unskilled at using the RR domis and wanted to improve my skills by doing lev 4 missions. The Large Egress Port Maximizer Rig was one that I was completely unaware of. I love having tank and plenty of cap so which is better for more cap from using 2 x Large Port Egress Port Maximizer Rig or 1x Large Port Egress Port Maximizer Rig and 1x Large Remote Repair Augmentor ?
Not a problem, glad it helped.

I can answer that one quite easily, you'll be more cap stable with 1 x Large Egress Port Maximizer I and 1 x Large Remote Armor Repairer I. 48.5% in fact assuming max skills, as opposed to 38.4% with 2 x Large Port Egress Maximizer I's or 2 x Large Remote Repair Augmentor I's.

You can try out the fits with your characters and test this using the fitting tool PYFA

If you put the API keys in for both your characters, then copy the fits in my post into the clipboard one at a time, go to the ships tab on PYFA, Edit menu, From Clipboard, and you'll have the ship imported.

Do that for both the "Shooter" and "Assister" fits, then you can drag/drop one ship fit (from the ships tab) onto the "Projected" tab (at the bottom of the window), of other ship.

You then alter the character dropdown on the top right hand side to have the correct character in each Domi, so the correct skills will be applied to all the fittings and projected armor repairs and remote cap transfer.

Be aware though, that you can't then drag e.g. the shooter ship onto the assister projected tab, as it sends PYFA into some sort of infinite loopShocked You'll have to create a 3rd ship, and drag and drop that one to check the stats on the other ship, if that makes sense.

Its easier than it sounds, just ping me an email if its not clear.

For WH's you're going to have to Omni tank.
You can check out what you're facing with regard to incoming DPS and damage types here Sleepers

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with that when you get to that stage i.e. whether its possible to get the Domis RR setup and the drones out before the Sleepers close the range down as some of them do over 1900m/s.
Maybe you could MJD away, but then maybe only a couple of sentry volleys could be fired before the sleepers closed range again.
Perhaps consider heavy drones with a Drone Navigation Computer II for close range work?

I have no practical experience of that apart from research on the Test server, but I look forward to reading how you get on at some future point. It could be very profitable if perfected........depending upon losses to hostiles of course X
Kadeva Kodocham
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-04-12 05:12:59 UTC
Moor Deybe wrote:
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:
Not a problem, glad it helped.

I can answer that one quite easily, you'll be more cap stable with 1 x Large Egress Port Maximizer I and 1 x Large Remote Armor Repairer I. 48.5% in fact assuming max skills, as opposed to 38.4% with 2 x Large Port Egress Maximizer I's or 2 x Large Remote Repair Augmentor I's.

You can try out the fits with your characters and test this using the fitting tool PYFA

If you put the API keys in for both your characters, then copy the fits in my post into the clipboard one at a time, go to the ships tab on PYFA, Edit menu, From Clipboard, and you'll have the ship imported.

Do that for both the "Shooter" and "Assister" fits, then you can drag/drop one ship fit (from the ships tab) onto the "Projected" tab (at the bottom of the window), of other ship.

You then alter the character dropdown on the top right hand side to have the correct character in each Domi, so the correct skills will be applied to all the fittings and projected armor repairs and remote cap transfer.

Be aware though, that you can't then drag e.g. the shooter ship onto the assister projected tab, as it sends PYFA into some sort of infinite loopShocked You'll have to create a 3rd ship, and drag and drop that one to check the stats on the other ship, if that makes sense.

Its easier than it sounds, just ping me an email if its not clear.

For WH's you're going to have to Omni tank.
You can check out what you're facing with regard to incoming DPS and damage types here Sleepers

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with that when you get to that stage i.e. whether its possible to get the Domis RR setup and the drones out before the Sleepers close the range down as some of them do over 1900m/s.
Maybe you could MJD away, but then maybe only a couple of sentry volleys could be fired before the sleepers closed range again.
Perhaps consider heavy drones with a Drone Navigation Computer II for close range work?

I have no practical experience of that apart from research on the Test server, but I look forward to reading how you get on at some future point. It could be very profitable if perfected........depending upon losses to hostiles of course X

That's why I choose the dual prop so I can dictate the range and with only 1 DLA II my drone control range is only 74KM. I don't know how to use beacons so it's gonna take me some time to learn how to use both RR domis Micro jump driving at the same time within 10km of each other for the remote transfers to hit before I sustain to much damage. All my support, shield &armor tanking and RR skills are maxed. I'm currently maxing sentry drone interfacing, after that it's drone interfacing, drone durability and Gallente BS which are all at lev 4 atm. So while training these skills, now is a good time to practice before jumping into a WH. Thank you for the link Moor , I'll try using it when I figure out how it works. In 23 more days I'm planning on doing C3's. Should I start by daytripping or should I look for a corp to join?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#14 - 2015-04-12 07:08:16 UTC
2x domis -> faceroll level 4s.

personally I would fit a local rep, as it is just more convenient, setting up a cap/rep chain every time when multiboxing just gets old, and plenty of rooms will be a no problem clear with 2x deeps ships, its like the NPCs get confused between 2 ships and 10 drones. And there is always the chance of ewar, a few cap transfers and you very quickly can top up on the cap.

oh yea, and might want at least one offensive module so you can use drone assist.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Moor Deybe
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-04-12 10:38:42 UTC
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:

That's why I choose the dual prop so I can dictate the range and with only 1 DLA II my drone control range is only 74KM. I don't know how to use beacons so it's gonna take me some time to learn how to use both RR domis Micro jump driving at the same time within 10km of each other for the remote transfers to hit before I sustain to much damage. All my support, shield &armor tanking and RR skills are maxed. I'm currently maxing sentry drone interfacing, after that it's drone interfacing, drone durability and Gallente BS which are all at lev 4 atm. So while training these skills, now is a good time to practice before jumping into a WH. Thank you for the link Moor , I'll try using it when I figure out how it works. In 23 more days I'm planning on doing C3's. Should I start by daytripping or should I look for a corp to join?
Sounds like you have the skills in orderBig smile I found the only way to ensure both Domis land within RR range when performing a Micro Jump Drive was either to align both to the same celestial before jumping (assuming there is one in the direction you want to go, which there probably won't be) or get them both pointing in roughly the direction you want to go by clicking in space, jump one Domi, click approach the jumped Domi on the one still to jump, then jump it after its aligned. IIRC that got them both within RR range or very close most of the time.

The WH question is a very good one. I see it like this :

If you day trip, then you'll most likely hit C1s and C2s mostly from HS and will have to be comfortable with scanning chains of WH's with something like Tripwire If you have a 3rd character, then that could be in a Helios or something similar with a probe launcher fitted, otherwise you'll have to take a mobile depot and a probe launcher to fit to one of the Domis (probably both in case of WH's collapsing on you). If you get stuck in a WH with no probe launcher, you have effectively lost your ship.

This will obviously be more dangerous as you won't be able to realistically collapse other WH's in the system before going to work, so at some point you will be ganked.
You can mitigate this danger if you have a 3rd character to leave on other system Wh's so you hear activations, and a 3rd char with combat probes out could give an early warning system against ships further away than 14AU and the recon ships class that aren't detectable on d-scan.
This is high risk but potentially high reward also. IIRC I pulled approx 44M out of a C3 site on the test server Wealth per hour

Now if you join a WH corp then you'll have a POS for all your stuff, others to assist with scanning, rescue from Corp mates when attacked etc. but they'll want something from you also. They probably won't appreciate someone joining just to farm sites in the system that will quickly run out, so you'll be expected to join them on Teamspeak or in Corp chat at least and play Eve with them, which may ultimately be more fun as you'll be able to do more stuff such as running high end sites with them, rolling the static WH's for more content.

You'll have to search the recruitment forums for if there's a WH Corp that offers the playstyle that you want with expectations on you that you can fulfill I guess.
Personally, I haven't gotten that far and I may never do so as I'm very happy in a null sec alliance where I can rat in anoms, solo PVP, group PVP and do whatever else takes my interest really, with the protection of Corp mates from hostiles, and I assist them also. There are expectations of me though as an Alliance member, but it all provides more stuff to do.

An area of Eve well worth your consideration, as during the time it takes to scan down those WH's, decide whether a WH is active or not, you could have run 2 anomalies at 30M+ a site with about 10M+ salvage eachBig smile
Kadeva Kodocham
Doomheim
#16 - 2015-04-13 08:58:33 UTC
Moor Deybe wrote:
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:

Sounds like you have the skills in orderBig smile I found the only way to ensure both Domis land within RR range when performing a Micro Jump Drive was either to align both to the same celestial before jumping (assuming there is one in the direction you want to go, which there probably won't be) or get them both pointing in roughly the direction you want to go by clicking in space, jump one Domi, click approach the jumped Domi on the one still to jump, then jump it after its aligned. IIRC that got them both within RR range or very close most of the time.

The WH question is a very good one. I see it like this :

If you day trip, then you'll most likely hit C1s and C2s mostly from HS and will have to be comfortable with scanning chains of WH's with something like Tripwire If you have a 3rd character, then that could be in a Helios or something similar with a probe launcher fitted, otherwise you'll have to take a mobile depot and a probe launcher to fit to one of the Domis (probably both in case of WH's collapsing on you). If you get stuck in a WH with no probe launcher, you have effectively lost your ship.

This will obviously be more dangerous as you won't be able to realistically collapse other WH's in the system before going to work, so at some point you will be ganked.
You can mitigate this danger if you have a 3rd character to leave on other system Wh's so you hear activations, and a 3rd char with combat probes out could give an early warning system against ships further away than 14AU and the recon ships class that aren't detectable on d-scan.
This is high risk but potentially high reward also. IIRC I pulled approx 44M out of a C3 site on the test server Wealth per hour

Now if you join a WH corp then you'll have a POS for all your stuff, others to assist with scanning, rescue from Corp mates when attacked etc. but they'll want something from you also. They probably won't appreciate someone joining just to farm sites in the system that will quickly run out, so you'll be expected to join them on Teamspeak or in Corp chat at least and play Eve with them, which may ultimately be more fun as you'll be able to do more stuff such as running high end sites with them, rolling the static WH's for more content.

You'll have to search the recruitment forums for if there's a WH Corp that offers the playstyle that you want with expectations on you that you can fulfill I guess.
Personally, I haven't gotten that far and I may never do so as I'm very happy in a null sec alliance where I can rat in anoms, solo PVP, group PVP and do whatever else takes my interest really, with the protection of Corp mates from hostiles, and I assist them also. There are expectations of me though as an Alliance member, but it all provides more stuff to do.

An area of Eve well worth your consideration, as during the time it takes to scan down those WH's, decide whether a WH is active or not, you could have run 2 anomalies at 30M+ a site with about 10M+ salvage eachBig smile

Well, I'm just trying to find the most efficient way to generate isk and I heard the WH's provided the best. I have 6 chars in all that I'm training atm. 2 of them I'm training for RR Domis, 2 for NM/Paladin, 1 for Fleet Boosting/Scanning, and 1 for Cov-ops/salvaging/scanning with each around 14-18 Mill SP. I have 2 chars with cov-ops trained so scouting shouldn't be an issue, but if I add the time it takes to scan down the WH's, investigate to see if its active, set-up and bookmark safespots/mobile depots, I'm actually thinking I can make more isk per hour just running lev 4's in addition of it being safer. I plan on trying incursions with my 2 NM chars in a month when they mature, but I really wanted to give the RR domis a go at it first because it seems the learning curve for flying 2 RR domis is gonna take some time. I thought about joining a corp but it seemed more confining when joining a corp due to corp rules/policy and not to mention the possibility of getting awoxed. I'll probably just stick to level 4 missioning atm but for future reference do you know anything about running incursions Mr. Moor?
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#17 - 2015-04-13 10:09:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Mac
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:

Well, I'm just trying to find the most efficient way to generate isk and I heard the WH's provided the best. I have 6 chars in all that I'm training atm. 2 of them I'm training for RR Domis, 2 for NM/Paladin, 1 for Fleet Boosting/Scanning, and 1 for Cov-ops/salvaging/scanning with each around 14-18 Mill SP. I have 2 chars with cov-ops trained so scouting shouldn't be an issue, but if I add the time it takes to scan down the WH's, investigate to see if its active, set-up and bookmark safespots/mobile depots, I'm actually thinking I can make more isk per hour just running lev 4's in addition of it being safer. I plan on trying incursions with my 2 NM chars in a month when they mature, but I really wanted to give the RR domis a go at it first because it seems the learning curve for flying 2 RR domis is gonna take some time. I thought about joining a corp but it seemed more confining when joining a corp due to corp rules/policy and not to mention the possibility of getting awoxed. I'll probably just stick to level 4 missioning atm but for future reference do you know anything about running incursions Mr. Moor?

Play with one account and buy 4-5 plexs then sell them every month
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#18 - 2015-04-13 13:56:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Shiloh Templeton
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:
I have 6 chars in all that I'm training atm. 2 of them I'm training for RR Domis, 2 for NM/Paladin, 1 for Fleet Boosting/Scanning, and 1 for Cov-ops/salvaging/scanning with each around 14-18 Mill SP. I have 2 chars with cov-ops trained so scouting shouldn't be an issue.
How many accounts do you have?

Are you training some of your accounts into Orca's? They are very useful for moving your fleet around & would give you an option for a moving base in WH's.

I get the impression that dual boxing is frowned upon in incursions, but you could position them in different regions for closer access.

You should make sure that every char that goes into a WH has basic scanning skills and probe launcher available.

Deep in Eve has some detailed posts about how he uses his 3 RR Domi setup in Wh's and Null.
Moor Deybe
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-04-13 20:25:34 UTC
Kadeva Kodocham wrote:
I've only run Incursions a few times with Corp mates when there was one in our space, as they don't all share the enthusiasm for shooting red crosses that I enjoyBig smile
Of the people I know that have gone on them, they say that waiting for a fleet can be time consuming, and the self induced pressure once on a fleet to do just one more can get to them. LOL
Here's some info on Incursion groups anyhow Incursions

6 characters eh, well that changes things Smile You should definately try the WH thing at some future point when you're very comfortable with the whole RR thing, possibly with 3 Domi's in a RR circle as you'd have some serious DPS to take down sites quickly.
You could have your spare characters on the other WH's in system listening for activations, even if they were in noob ships with a basic cloak on 100km off the hole with no covert ops they would suffice. You'd even have a decent chance of fighting off any hostiles unless they arrived in force all together.

Perhaps if you found a C1 or C2 with a C3 static so you'd have a new C3 WH every day to farm rather than clearing out the one you're in and having to wait for new sites.

Maybe investigate dropping one of those large containers in a WH and using it as a base to drop off the WH salvage (investigate how long they stay in space though) and log your ships off in system. If you did that for only a week say, you'd probably make a fortune if your nerves could stand the pressure Smile

Of course you're right re the time spent scanning, dropping bookmarks, safe spots etc!

If I were you I'd run some level 4's to get used to the RR Domi's, and when you're bored out of your mind with that, then investigate null sec corps out in deep null where its pretty quiet. I wouldn't worry about getting ganked by Corp mates as that works both ways and anyone who behaves like that is instantly purged from any decent Corp.

I had a quick search and found this null sec Now I know nothing of those guys, in fact they're even -5 standing to my Alliance, but looking at that screen shot, those Horde anomallies are 30M each and from experience I can tell you that 2 Domi's can do one in 15 minutes flat, 17 minutes max if you warp in at a bad range Cool You'll have intel channels also to help keep you safer.

You'd reach a point where its too much hassle to move anything as low cost as a Domi, just put it on the market / contract for others when not needed anymore P

Or come the time when level 4's get repetitive, ping me an ingame email and I'll be happy to tell you what life is like inside the SpaceMonkey's Alliance.

Oh, and if going to null leave the shiney ships in your HS base, along with your clone with the level V implants in for training when away from the game.
Decent Corps will either transport your Domis and fittings and other ships out for you, or you can buy stuff out there. Be aware though, when in a big alliance, you may be war decced by people like Marmite and others at any one time, so coming back to level 4 in HS isn't an option on those characters, and your other characters must be used to do the Jita runBlink

Have funP
GordonO
BURN EDEN
#20 - 2015-04-13 20:29:10 UTC  |  Edited by: GordonO
Join a decent corp and they will help you out. If you want to go to wh's you will be doing a fair amount of pvp. If your goal is purely to make isk, then a null renter corp is what you should be looking at.
I personalty think mjd's are not needed in hs missions, but each to his/her own
I would also check what rats you plan to shoot, if you go purely rr and on is jammed you might find yourself in trouble.

From my experience, the best way to run a drone due is to not do it at all, ie have one in a drone ships, and assign the drones to the second character in another high dps ship. Make use of a cap chain if you need. Micro managing two drone ships is a pain and takes a fair amount of micromanagement as your drones will get aggro.

You probably better of going in one mission specific BS and one domi and just assign the drones. ie, if you shooting em week rats, go in a NM and assign drones from domi, setup a cap chain and you will have no cap problems. You want your non drone ship to have turrets as things die fast and you will wast missiles. That said, using a ham tengu with assigned sentries can do some real damage to them red crosses in guristas space

Everyone will have their own way to play, you need to find yours, the test server is your friend. Joining a crop with your same goals is key in eve.

GL out there

... What next ??

12Next page