These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

[ Video ] Ferocious 5.0

Author
Killzaida
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-04-07 19:53:24 UTC
Impressive and very entertaining!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#22 - 2015-04-08 04:17:57 UTC
it starts off with a nightmare, I'm in love already!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Ugly Eric
Fistful of Finns
#23 - 2015-04-09 10:50:09 UTC
Big Miker, plz do not stop BS solo. I know it's hard and tough, but you are one of the few, who actually can do it alongside who posts videos of it.

Contact me IG, once you are online. I will throw a sponsorship (not very big) to you, to keep you doing this :)
Jim Jams
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-04-09 18:18:52 UTC
Great video! :-) Really enjoyed it.

big miker wrote:
Also for the record, this might be my last full battleship video. The amount of time / isk it requires to get any good quality fights nowadays is pretty high.
Of course, understandable. A few bil sponsorship is not enough to pay for your losses, not to mention the time it takes to find the fights, and the ridiculous effort it takes to make the video. Few people really understand how much work you put into something that doesn't 'pay you back' anything. The whole situation is well known in advance, but it still doesn't make it any easier to live it.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:
The fact u said its too much effort to do solo pvp in a bs should be a big alarm bell for ccp to ******* improve it. Solo pvp is a dying breed, and you are one of the strong contenders keeping it alive with ur bs footage.
Yes. He's one of the last true samurais isn't he? :-)

Ugly Eric wrote:
Big Miker, plz do not stop BS solo. I know it's hard and tough, but you are one of the few, who actually can do it alongside who posts videos of it. Contact me IG, once you are online. I will throw a sponsorship (not very big) to you, to keep you doing this :)
That's the correct attitude right there :-) To try to get a video maker to continue making videos.

Donations are for the videos you've done so far. What you do with the ISK is your choice. People can wish for your videos all they want Miker, but bottom line imo you should only continue making videos if it's still enjoyable, and comes with a good natural flow.

I also think it's very important to get paid for your work, in one way or another. If you're spending so much time and effort in the whole process of making these videos, and the end product is the video for others, but nothing (or less than nothing) for you, then something isn't working right as I see it.

Yes, the video itself is also for you. And it's great to leave something behind. But in the long run, being that this is your 5th Ferocious already, I think you should be absolutely fully supported ISK-wise and in any other way that you need, if you are to continue doing this.

The whole 'poor solo PvPer' with no ISK to fit his next ship is very old and outdated, no one likes it anymore.

There's 0 reward for making these things from CCP's direction. So it's up to the video makers themselves to find ways to make it work. I do hope you find your way, and by that I mean a full-on support and not half measures. Either way it's important to clarify that the gratitude people give you now if for all you've done thus far, and should holds no expectations for a next video. If they want another video so badly they can do one themselves :-) You just do what is right for you.

Thanks for another great video!
Doji Okakura
#25 - 2015-04-09 20:16:22 UTC
Been waiting for this one Pirate
Naoru Kozan
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-04-09 20:52:16 UTC
Just rewatched this and holy **** dat transversal matching Shocked

Amazing piloting.

And I hear you with the solo BS frustration. Crappy warpspeed and the slightest mistake means you get swarmed by frigs and logi.
Tung Yoggi
University of Caille
#27 - 2015-04-09 22:01:57 UTC
Music was utterly annoying*. It doesn't overshadow the fact that this was really great stuff, and well worth viewing more than once !

*this is of course a personal opinion. I tend to think that some of the best vids use several different music styles, to stick to the fights' paces, events, and so on. I think yours could have benefitted from such editing.
big miker
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#28 - 2015-04-11 11:53:39 UTC
Jim Jams wrote:
Great video! :-) Really enjoyed it.

big miker wrote:
Also for the record, this might be my last full battleship video. The amount of time / isk it requires to get any good quality fights nowadays is pretty high.
Of course, understandable. A few bil sponsorship is not enough to pay for your losses, not to mention the time it takes to find the fights, and the ridiculous effort it takes to make the video. Few people really understand how much work you put into something that doesn't 'pay you back' anything. The whole situation is well known in advance, but it still doesn't make it any easier to live it.

Buhhdust Princess wrote:
The fact u said its too much effort to do solo pvp in a bs should be a big alarm bell for ccp to ******* improve it. Solo pvp is a dying breed, and you are one of the strong contenders keeping it alive with ur bs footage.
Yes. He's one of the last true samurais isn't he? :-)

Ugly Eric wrote:
Big Miker, plz do not stop BS solo. I know it's hard and tough, but you are one of the few, who actually can do it alongside who posts videos of it. Contact me IG, once you are online. I will throw a sponsorship (not very big) to you, to keep you doing this :)
That's the correct attitude right there :-) To try to get a video maker to continue making videos.

Donations are for the videos you've done so far. What you do with the ISK is your choice. People can wish for your videos all they want Miker, but bottom line imo you should only continue making videos if it's still enjoyable, and comes with a good natural flow.

I also think it's very important to get paid for your work, in one way or another. If you're spending so much time and effort in the whole process of making these videos, and the end product is the video for others, but nothing (or less than nothing) for you, then something isn't working right as I see it.

Yes, the video itself is also for you. And it's great to leave something behind. But in the long run, being that this is your 5th Ferocious already, I think you should be absolutely fully supported ISK-wise and in any other way that you need, if you are to continue doing this.

The whole 'poor solo PvPer' with no ISK to fit his next ship is very old and outdated, no one likes it anymore.

There's 0 reward for making these things from CCP's direction. So it's up to the video makers themselves to find ways to make it work. I do hope you find your way, and by that I mean a full-on support and not half measures. Either way it's important to clarify that the gratitude people give you now if for all you've done thus far, and should holds no expectations for a next video. If they want another video so badly they can do one themselves :-) You just do what is right for you.

Thanks for another great video!

Thank you and everyone else for the great comments!
All of the positive comments and ofcourse Ugly Eric's bhaalgorn donation have seriously motivated me again to keep on doing these video's. I will try my best to create more nano battleship video's.

Like Jim Jams pointed out, the main reason I wanted to stop making these large video's is the currunt meta game combined with the associated costs. Finding a fight a nano battleship shines at costs alot of time, and the chance of losing said battleship is high. Isk wise and time wise it requires alot of dedication and patience.

Sponsorships and donations help me out immensely. They enable me to buy more ships and engage more fights, which results in faster video production. Although I do not make these video's just to get richer and richer, I make them becuase I enjoy doing so. Leaving something behind other players can enjoy and learn from.

Again, thank you all for the amazing comments and support and i'll hope to make more interesting video's in the future!

-Miker

W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#29 - 2015-04-13 11:11:00 UTC
I would have never engaged that frigate blob + logis in a solo mach, ever, props for that. +1
pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#30 - 2015-04-17 20:44:55 UTC
a true inspiration.
Previous page12