These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wardec matters once again

First post First post
Author
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#381 - 2015-04-10 14:00:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Yes, you are talking about Concord. What I am talking about is in so far related to your "Give people who leave a corp during a dec a kill right" that your people do not even join player corps or leave them as soon as their pretty activity and toys could be threatened by other players. But as said: carry on. The longer you do this, the longer I have valid excuses to leave my corp whenever I please. Big smile

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#382 - 2015-04-10 14:03:44 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Yes, you are talking about Concord.

The end.

Cease your baseless ranting. You can't justify the tangent you just accidentally went off on, and you look the fool. If you want to cry about alts and bumping, this is the wrong thread.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#383 - 2015-04-10 14:06:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Yes, you are talking about Concord.

The end.

Cease your baseless ranting. You can't justify the tangent you just accidentally went off on, and you look the fool. If you want to cry about alts and bumping, this is the wrong thread.

Nope, I have no reason to cry about it as I do not care about it and because it does not affect me in any way, shape or form. After all, Rivr lives in Null sec, which is an area of space where I will never see a bumping Machariel in an NPC corp, let alone people from CODE. The only thing I care about is your own hypocrisy. And that I care about a lot. Roll

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#384 - 2015-04-10 14:08:22 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:

Nope, I have no reason to cry about it as I do not care about it and because it does not affect me in any way, shape or form.

Roll

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#385 - 2015-04-10 14:39:33 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
That's what I'm here doing, asking for CCP to (re)classify dec dodging as the exploit that it WAS, and to fix wardecs.

I'm not going to be a tool and encourage everyone to evade Concord, because whether or not I deride it as a binary, awkward, immersion breaking, pathetic excuse for a game mechanic, I play this game by the rules.

Bolded what had to be corrected to make you 90% true post into 100%. If something is declared to not be an exploit, then it is not an exploit until it gets re-defined as one. Dec dodging WAS an exploit but isn't now.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#386 - 2015-04-10 14:57:19 UTC
You know Kaarous Aldurald all of your post point us back to one simple truth of your existence, you think "dec dodgin" is an exploit that needs to be eliminated. Well CCP simply does not seem to agree with you on that. I have been in this game for more than 5 years, my son has been in this game for almost 8 years. And in all that time players have been using the same "dec dodging exploits" as you call them. Considering the number of players like you that have complained vociferously about these alleged "exploits" over the years it is a virtual impossibility that CCP is not aware of this situation. The only conclusion that rational and logical minds can draw from these facts is that CCP does not consider dec dodging to be an exploit and so they do nothing about it.

Either that or they are smart enough, care enough about this game they own not to implement an idea that may have serious detrimental affects on the CASH flow. In the end you see CCP is a for profit company and to make a profit one has to sell it's product or service and sometimes that means compromising to appeal to a wider player base. Your ideas as posted in this topic offer no compromise, it is essentially my way of the highway.

Oh and that Concord exploit you seem to be so proud of, yea count on that going the way of the do-do bird very soon.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#387 - 2015-04-10 15:04:30 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Well CCP simply does not seem to agree with you on that. I have been in this game for more than 5 years, my son has been in this game for almost 8 years. And in all that time players have been using the same "dec dodging exploits" as you call them.

Someone didn't do his research before making up this particular lie. I'll throw you a bone, how long has this particular incarnation of wardecs been around?

Because it's not five years, and it's damn sure not eight.

Best Meltdown Ever.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#388 - 2015-04-10 16:26:56 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#389 - 2015-04-11 01:57:18 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Well CCP simply does not seem to agree with you on that. I have been in this game for more than 5 years, my son has been in this game for almost 8 years. And in all that time players have been using the same "dec dodging exploits" as you call them.

Someone didn't do his research before making up this particular lie. I'll throw you a bone, how long has this particular incarnation of wardecs been around?

Because it's not five years, and it's damn sure not eight.

The current incarnation of war dec mechanics is not important, the simple fact remains that players have been dropping into an NPC, or hopping from one corp to another or shutting down a corp and starting a new one or simply not logging all to avoid WD for at least 8 years that I am aware of.
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#390 - 2015-04-16 17:43:59 UTC
I've posted an idea in this thread in relation to some of the conversations that were had in here. The idea is about structures creating conflict between local corps in the system. Take a look if you're interested. I might turn it into it's own thread if I find the motivation to make a longer write up with more details.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin