These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Feedback on the latest Sensor Overlay changes

First post
Author
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#21 - 2015-04-09 18:42:29 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
A less obtrusive experience.
That is definitely not the same definition that came to mind...

http://i.imgur.com/fjWjvmr.png

Just the first thing I noticed...
Lienzo
Amanuensis
#22 - 2015-04-09 23:06:05 UTC
Ah, I was hoping for an expansion of functionality rather than scaling it back. Pity.
Noriko Mai
#23 - 2015-04-10 02:50:57 UTC
Dangeresque Too wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
A less obtrusive experience.
That is definitely not the same definition that came to mind...

http://i.imgur.com/fjWjvmr.png

Just the first thing I noticed...

True. I don't understand what is so hard to create a unified UI concept instad of having 10+ different UI styles in the client.

It also triggers way to fast. I move my mouse often in the HUD circle to change speed manualy and it triggers every single time. It also still triggers in areas that doesn't belong to the compas, like the areas around the "+" and "-" to accelerate and decelerate. I bugreported it half a year ago (EBR-25108 from 2014-10-10).

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Darkblad
Doomheim
#24 - 2015-04-10 05:56:47 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
True. I don't understand what is so hard to create a unified UI concept instad of having 10+ different UI styles in the client.
... And still sticking with the "<<" and ">>" to toggle the side pane for SKINs (which some people have difficulties to find), agreed. That huge on/off slider really is'nt what I see as consistent with the UI.

Also: While the Neocom Icons lost their colo(u)r, because shapes are easier to differentiate, the Sensor Objects (Anoms, Sigs, Landmarks) now all have the same shape, only different colo(u)r. Surprisingly, I can easily tell which is which that way. But I'm not colorblind.

NPEISDRIP

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#25 - 2015-04-10 06:32:35 UTC
This is a cosmetic change. I would like to see them filtered instead all showing. it's hard to find my bookmarks in between all those anomalies. Compas is useless in above situation, i can't say if there's a blue spot among all that green light. Same goes for scanner window, we can't filter anomalies right now. If i have zero interest in doing combat sites and hunting for ghost sites only it's pain.
Sensor swep is fine, looking good but again that need to have some function. Now it's binary i will have swep will all that useless trash i don't need on my screen or not.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Darkblad
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-04-10 06:50:27 UTC
What about this?

- Less screen real estate (233 x 125 pixels)
- different shapes for anomalies, signatures, landmarks
- show/hide toggle similar to what's used for bookmarks (people & places window) - worth optimizing, as I already noted here.

NPEISDRIP

Darkblad
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-04-10 06:53:44 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
This is a cosmetic change. I would like to see them filtered instead all showing. it's hard to find my bookmarks in between all those anomalies. Compas is useless in above situation, i can't say if there's a blue spot among all that green light. Same goes for scanner window, we can't filter anomalies right now. If i have zero interest in doing combat sites and hunting for ghost sites only it's pain.
Sensor swep is fine, looking good but again that need to have some function. Now it's binary i will have swep will all that useless trash i don't need on my screen or not.
Hiding individual types from the sensor overlay is already possible, just click on them in the sensor settings tooltip. You can also toggle individual bookmarks (or folders with several) when you click on the eye icon in the people & places window. The show/hide state is just impossible to differentiate without hovering on the eye - on Tranquility.

NPEISDRIP

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#28 - 2015-04-10 07:08:59 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Hiding individual types from the sensor overlay is already possible, just click on them in the sensor settings tooltip. You can also toggle individual bookmarks (or folders with several) when you click on the eye icon in the people & places window. The show/hide state is just impossible to differentiate without hovering on the eye - on Tranquility.

Shocked stupid me, never bother to check if types can be clicked...it's good i venture into this topic during my breakfast then Big smile

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Colonel Santiago
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Trigger Happy.
#29 - 2015-04-10 10:17:16 UTC
Finally, this is a good change.. +1
Bailian Moxtain
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#30 - 2015-04-10 11:52:11 UTC
Not sure if asked already, but will there be an option to turn off the sensor-swiping-effect while still having bookmark brackets visible in space? I hate the effect, and because of this cant have brackets in space turned on
CCP Paradox
#31 - 2015-04-10 12:44:35 UTC
We're discussing the size of the settings menu, I will let you know if there is any updates.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Noriko Mai
#32 - 2015-04-10 13:20:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
Darkblad wrote:
Noriko Mai wrote:
True. I don't understand what is so hard to create a unified UI concept instad of having 10+ different UI styles in the client.
... And still sticking with the "<<" and ">>" to toggle the side pane for SKINs (which some people have difficulties to find), agreed. That huge on/off slider really is'nt what I see as consistent with the UI.

Also: While the Neocom Icons lost their colo(u)r, because shapes are easier to differentiate, the Sensor Objects (Anoms, Sigs, Landmarks) now all have the same shape, only different colo(u)r. Surprisingly, I can easily tell which is which that way. But I'm not colorblind.

Good point. They should also add one pixel to one of the lines for the different types. So the concept is more similar the the overview icons. Big smileBig smile

I made a mokup for the team to inspire them http://i.imgur.com/T1wRkLa.png
It may make your eyes bleed after a while, BUUUUTTT... Bbuuut.. ehhm.. ...mmh well... IT'S GOOT DESEIN!!!.

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Arla Sarain
#33 - 2015-04-10 17:08:10 UTC
Ideally the new brackets would be scalable - they are not that easy to see on some screens, never mind actually obtrusive. They are obtrusive when bunched up, so maybe rather than making them smaller, consider adding a 2D collision radius for them, so that they group up, but not overstep each other.

Some new brackets should be added - this may sound biased, but in FW, when inside a plex, the beacon can be difficult to see in a lot of parts of space. That triangle beacon bracket is white and frequently the plexs have clouds or the system nebula has odd bright patches and it makes it difficult to see. Also difficult to see it over the tactical overlay. Would be nice to have a bright bracket for those, shown when inside the deadspace complex.

Also, the new overlay menu box is unnecessarily large. Like, way way too large. The previous one was excellent, pretty sure the on/off button could have been added to a leaner, slimmer hover popup box. Also the style of the on/off button, whilst clever and classy, is a tad off-putting. I think something simpler and cleaner would have been nicer.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#34 - 2015-04-11 04:39:11 UTC
just a little detail: maybe make the overlay fade out before the jump animation starts. since you should not see it while being in the jump tunnel IMO

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Alexis Nightwish
#35 - 2015-04-16 18:56:13 UTC
Bessa Miros wrote:
Quote:
We have toned down the sensor sweep that appears in the game, and shortened the time that it is active from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. Further scans in the same system will no longer show the sweep in scene, but just on the compass instead.

Nooooo. I loved that sensor sweep. why did you do that???

Just make it an option for people who dont want it. stop listening to pvpers at the expense of those of us that like immersion, or we'll end up going to other sci fi games that are better at "keeping it real" That's not a threat, just an observation.

As the player base gets older, they will have less time for a full time game like combat EVE, so leave us something to hold onto when we have to get on solo in the late hours.

Ok whatever, I guess i don't feel that strongly about it but....

Jon Dekker wrote:
Subsequent scans remove the effect? I liked the effect, why remove? I thought this was a cool immersive feature, what tiny minority group is offended by this that you need to "fix" it?

I would prefer leaving the default as is, but then having 3 toggle states: default, reduced, none


I too don't care for the restrictions.

Would it be possible to just allow us to enter the number of seconds we want? 5 = 5 seconds to sweep, 1 = 1 second to sweep, 0 = disabled. Set the max to w/e the current delay is between auto sweeps so you'd get a cool sonar effect. :)

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Darkblad
Doomheim
#36 - 2015-04-16 18:59:31 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
What about this?

- Less screen real estate (233 x 125 pixels)
- different shapes for anomalies, signatures, landmarks
- show/hide toggle similar to what's used for bookmarks (people & places window) - worth optimizing, as I already noted here.
Well, the patch today (876232) reduced the Sensor settings tooltip a bit. But it's still huge compared to the one currently on TQ.

In this image from top to bottom

My proposal
TQ version
Current Sisi version

NPEISDRIP

Dr Loveless
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2015-04-18 19:23:17 UTC
Please keep size of the sensor overlay as it on TQ.
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#38 - 2015-04-20 16:29:11 UTC
Lienzo wrote:
Ah, I was hoping for an expansion of functionality rather than scaling it back. Pity.


Some just change things to 'try' to remain relevant.
Quintessen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2015-04-22 04:31:29 UTC
Is there a solution for those people who are colorblind? Currently the first three icons are indistinguishable for the colorblind folks.

Also do you have any plans to remove the other landmark icon in space and in the overview that currently shows up making landmarks have two icons that go to the exact same place? Shouldn't they either be controlled by the scanner or by brackets and not both.
Previous page12