These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

A new ship to encourage life in nulsec.

First post
Author
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#21 - 2015-04-08 13:19:01 UTC
Loteaus Seaven wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:
I wanted to post an idea similar to this, but I was thinking a large ship that deploys into a base that would be comparable to a small pos. It would be multi-role, but have to be properly fit for the various roles, i.e., R&D, manufacture, listening post etc.

For balance reasons it would consume the required fuel a small pos would need to run and it would not be able to switch back and fourth from ship to base and back again, there would be a CD or a long cycle or so. But still usable in any space in the game.

That sounds like what I'm talking about.

in what way is this not ridiculously OP?

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Conrad Makbure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-04-10 00:46:55 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Loteaus Seaven wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:
I wanted to post an idea similar to this, but I was thinking a large ship that deploys into a base that would be comparable to a small pos. It would be multi-role, but have to be properly fit for the various roles, i.e., R&D, manufacture, listening post etc.

For balance reasons it would consume the required fuel a small pos would need to run and it would not be able to switch back and fourth from ship to base and back again, there would be a CD or a long cycle or so. But still usable in any space in the game.

It's not ridiculous OP, that's all there is to it. The entosis link thing really kills any idea for starting up a small base for small corps or solo corps. This mobile base idea is a fair compromise to losing your whole pos to one person with entosis link because you can't babysit it 24/7. That's ridiculous.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2015-04-10 18:06:57 UTC
Conrad Makbure wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:
Loteaus Seaven wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:

It's not ridiculous OP, that's all there is to it. The entosis link thing really kills any idea for starting up a small base for small corps or solo corps. This mobile base idea is a fair compromise to losing your whole pos to one person with entosis link because you can't babysit it 24/7. That's ridiculous.

I thought entosis was for sov, not for POS?

And it's not like reinforcement timers aren't a thing on a POS...
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#24 - 2015-04-10 18:38:42 UTC
so you want a ship to basicly support an alt? because that's the only thing for it because you wouldn't eject from it, and to think you could live in hostile space without someone gather a fleet to come after you, you are very wrong, a number of ships can happily live in hostile space...the question is how long does it take for some ****** to go "omg guyz we need this km, we must kill him for loLz "

there is nothing to encourage outsiders to go to null/low with out being part of the blocs or other groups there.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Loteaus Seaven
#25 - 2015-04-11 00:21:17 UTC
This ship is perfect for living in a hostile environment. However, it is not conducive to longevity of the ship is you strike up home right inside the lions den. Due to fatigue, areas of space will become less sustainable and therefore will be places people can live, given the right ability to defend ones self. Yes there will be times where you might be camped in, but that's what happens now. They will get bored realise that you have shelled up and move on. If they really want to get you I would take that as a compliment.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#26 - 2015-04-11 01:02:13 UTC
Brutus Utama wrote:
So you mean like a carrier? sarcasm aside i thought of an idea for the rorqual... give it a new module which allows it to enter a seige/triage/bastian style mode which say increases its mining ability by 300-400% (will require stripminers) but durin this 5-10 minute cycle the rorqual is stuck in postition... it cannot warp recieve reps jump etc...

would be like a capital mining ship mines huge amounts of ores but very vulnerable whilst doing so...

No! Ore / mineral prices are going to fall in highsec already this would butcher any mining in highsec.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Grezh
Hextrix Enterprise
#27 - 2015-04-11 04:47:10 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:

I thought entosis was for sov, not for POS?

And it's not like reinforcement timers aren't a thing on a POS...

The new structures devblog stated that the large to x-l structures would have to be entosised to be destroyed.

The direction CCP seems to be going with structures being similar to ships does open up the possibility of having mobile structures. Looking at the proposed size chart titans would fall just above "medium" structures and could very well be turned into the structure equivalent of the battlecruiser class. Looking at all this I would not be surprised if CCP came out and added service slots to titans.

It should be noted by the OP that nothing below a large structure in the devblog had any kind of docking/anchoring capabilities so that would appear to be a bit too far. Other then that, I see no problem in a destroyer class equivalent of a mobile structure being allowed to have 1-2 service slots along with its ability to rapidly change location.
Mario Putzo
#28 - 2015-04-11 05:16:33 UTC
1. The people who don't go to nullsec, don't go because they don't like PVP.
Loteaus Seaven
#29 - 2015-04-11 05:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Loteaus Seaven
Can you imagine what this ship would do for people who don't like PVP?! They could live and work in Nulsec, minimising their chance of being ousted. A whole bunch of Hisec guys buzzing around Nulsec. It would be like an infection the big alliances would hate. A cloaky in every system, feeding intel to the highest bidder. If nothing happens in their system, they just putter around with what they were doing. Bringing hisec to nul. hmmm

It's not as if you don't get attacked in hisec. Might even make Nulsec lose some of its stigma and change some of the hisecers to a nullian?

It would certainly give small corps a potentially target rich environment.
Previous page12