These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#401 - 2015-04-01 19:15:37 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
S'aal wrote:
MY SKILLS ON the ALL EW at 5lvl !
ECM with KITSUNE working maybe every 3th turn, It helps only with assault burners.
NOS with SENTINEL i do about 7turns on the faction burner, aaannnddd NOTHING!, over that time im clean about 2240 capacitor(frigs is about 500) . NOT WORKING! WHAT A ****!!!!!! DEVs and CCP want do EVE realistic, but ALL TIME ONLY DOWNGRADING!!!! MOSTLY THESE ACTIONS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND ABSOLUTELY WITH FRESH BRAINS!
Most ppls say that is theys politic, ... yes thats is incredible stupid politic ! WIT THAT POLITIC, THEYS LOST ABOUT 40-50% PLAYERS, but has chutzpah to say that all is well!

I'm going to have to wait until my brain is fresher to properly understand this post.

I think, to his horror, he has discovered that npcs have infinite capacitor.
Paranoid Loyd
#402 - 2015-04-02 22:58:10 UTC
BC burners on Sisi.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Happy Fanatic
whips chains and ballgags
Solyaris Chtonium
#403 - 2015-04-06 15:09:35 UTC
Jori McKie wrote:

Version 2:
T II Rockets + 2x Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Make sure you have at least 11.5km (12.7km is with ALL V) range with T II Rockets, T II Rockets are cheap.
Real DPS on the Burner Daredevil ~115 DPS, with OH TP
Time to kill: ~1:06min
EFT DPS:
268 Scourge Rage Rocket
315 hot ~54s
Quote:
[Hawk, Burner Daredevil pimped V02]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Dread Guristas Stasis Webifier
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

Rocket Launcher II, Scourge Rage Rocket
[empty high slot]

Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

[/quote]

Set up this fit exactly it's about 500mill I lasted about 10 seconds and did no damage that was not insta healed by the Burner Dramiel. The loot fairy also did not deliver either, these missions are very tough lessons. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Entered targeted, fired,webbed,painted,boosted cap then got popped. I'm all lvl5 skilled and this has just stunned me.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#404 - 2015-04-06 15:32:23 UTC
sometimes a burner react strange, but when you got popped in 10 secs i assume you forgot or misclicked the shieldbooster.
Little Kicks
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#405 - 2015-04-06 23:11:42 UTC
I agree. 10 seconds is how long my Wolf lasts when I jump in with the wrong tank.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#406 - 2015-04-06 23:26:33 UTC
note hawk, burner daredevil, where you said dramiel. Dram will be hitting with mostly Exp and EM which the hawk isn't really suited for.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#407 - 2015-04-07 21:19:22 UTC
Happy Fanatic wrote:
Jori McKie wrote:

Version 2:
T II Rockets + 2x Small Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Make sure you have at least 11.5km (12.7km is with ALL V) range with T II Rockets, T II Rockets are cheap.
Real DPS on the Burner Daredevil ~115 DPS, with OH TP
Time to kill: ~1:06min
EFT DPS:
268 Scourge Rage Rocket
315 hot ~54s
Quote:
[Hawk, Burner Daredevil pimped V02]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Ballistic Control System II

Pithum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

[empty high slot]

Set up this fit exactly it's about 500mill I lasted about 10 seconds and did no damage that was not insta healed by the Burner Dramiel. The loot fairy also did not deliver either, these missions are very tough lessons. Any ideas on what I did wrong? Entered targeted, fired,webbed,painted,boosted cap then got popped. I'm all lvl5 skilled and this has just stunned me.[/quote]

Hawk has a EM resist hole, which the above fit does not cover.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#408 - 2015-04-07 23:23:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
so Happy Fanatic let us know if it was a typo Big smile

Jori McKie wrote:
Burner are unforgiving one big mistake and you are dead.

So here they are ... rules:

1. Do not deal with Burners when you are tired, drunk or stoned you will forget something important like to use your MWD, rep etc.
  2. Before you enter the room make sure you have the correct Frigate to deal with the Burner. Double check it every damn time.
  3. Do not enter a Team Burner again/alone in a kiting setup after you lost a Frigate. The NPCs will be at ZERO and kill you again.
  4. Do not get cocky in any way like "i could let the armor/shield drop a little lower to spare cap booster", a wrecking shot will hit and kill you.
  5. Always and i mean always double check that all mods are activated/deactivated and heated if necessary even if you aren't tired. In plain english do not burn out your mods.

I lost ships to all 5 rules at least once ignoring them willfully. Especially losing to rule 2 is hilarious when you notice what just happened.

golden rules.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#409 - 2015-04-10 22:20:53 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
Burner Team: just checked - it takes me in average 15-20 minutes from accepting mission to completing.
Half of time it takes to reach destination and return. Getting from 2 jumps up to 5.

btw: yesterday got faction module from burner. Shocked

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#410 - 2015-04-10 22:53:15 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Burner Team: just checked - it takes me in average 15-20 minutes from accepting mission to completing.
Half of time it takes to reach destination and return. Getting from 2 jumps up to 5.

yeah 15 min for single mission can be, but multiple agents on your tour can reduce the time a lot. what did you use?

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#411 - 2015-04-10 23:11:35 UTC
Ploing wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

yeah 15 min for single mission can be, but multiple agents on your tour can reduce the time a lot. what did you use?

using kiting Garnur. Usually i jam first logi and kill second. Jammed logi burns away and i use this to get main burner as far as i can from second logi. Most of the time second logi cannot return in time to repair burner. I think it takes like 5-7 minutes which adds to 5-7 minutes of traveling.

You mentioned multiple agents.... Heh... this may be it... didn't think about it.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#412 - 2015-04-11 00:27:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
jam garmur is the right choice. just check ur agent on the way to give you moar. if your lucky you have several mission, depends on agents. so you can go do a mission and more on a move.

implies that you have standing to faction. usually i have 20 agents for burners but it can go up to 50 if i go for them .
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#413 - 2015-04-11 08:26:28 UTC
Ploing wrote:
jam garmur is the right choice. just check ur agent on the way to give you moar. if your lucky you have several mission, depends on agents. so you can go do a mission and more on a move.

implies that you have standing to faction. usually i have 20 agents for burners but it can go up to 50 if i go for them .

50 agents for burners? Shocked
You mean you visit let's say every Gallentean agent to ask for lvl4 burner missions?

Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#414 - 2015-04-11 08:45:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Jori McKie
March rabbit wrote:
Ploing wrote:

50 agents for burners? Shocked
You mean you visit let's say every Gallentean agent to ask for lvl4 burner missions?

There are some areas with multiple Agents within 2-3 jumps, like
2x Amygnon, 1x Scheenins and 2x Stacmon

either use the ingame Agent filter or http://www.eve-agents.com check them with http://evemaps.dotlan.net

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#415 - 2015-04-12 02:08:15 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:

If you're saying that npcs have infinite cap, then you are wrong, they don't. But their tank/guns don't shut when they are out of cap
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#416 - 2015-04-15 11:44:22 UTC
Maybe i have missed it but: have anyone succeeded to beat teams without killing logi? I have seen kiting fits, i have seen brawling fits but all the time people kill logi first.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#417 - 2015-04-15 21:24:06 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Maybe i have missed it but: have anyone succeeded to beat teams without killing logi? I have seen kiting fits, i have seen brawling fits but all the time people kill logi first.

its easier if not impossible depending on ship/fit to kill first min one logi. 2 logis are a pain.
Julius Cabeki
Huola Industrial Development
#418 - 2015-04-20 13:57:18 UTC
I used the following Imperial Navy Slicer fit to defeat a Sansha burner Succubus.

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch
Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Scorch

Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Dark Blood Armor EM Hardener
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Small Armor Repairer II
Small Armor Repairer II

Small Energy Collision Accelerator II
Small Anti-EM Pump I
Small Anti-Thermic Pump I
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#419 - 2015-04-20 22:46:28 UTC
nahjustwarpin wrote:
Tuttomenui II wrote:

If you're saying that npcs have infinite cap, then you are wrong, they don't. But their tank/guns don't shut when they are out of cap

Confirming that if you try to keep an npc alive orbiting you so you can suck on his cap with your nos for a while....it stops giving benefit before long.
Astra Orion
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#420 - 2015-04-25 20:14:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Astra Orion
Has anyone solo'd the Angel Burner recently the Anomic Agent Angel Cartel, this one:
"This pirate will be flying a shield boosted Dramiel frigate, with an extremely small signature radius. He tends to deal most of his damage with Domination Fusion ammo, supplemented with Mjolnir rockets. Survivors of his previous attacks claim that he likes to orbit his opponents at very close range at high speed to make himself hard to hit. He always flies with a Stasis Webifier and Warp Scrambler fit. "

I have tried Hawk Faction fit, killed it once (with help from an Imperial Slicer) and tried it solo and lasted not long at all. I tried to orbit at about 8k I believe....

Any cheap fits for this guy solo?