These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Exactly how safe is null sec supposed to be, anyhow?

Author
Velicitia
XS Tech
#41 - 2011-12-24 18:39:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Topaz Sky wrote:
Well, they get literally trillions from moon minerals, not many people go there. Their biggest complaint is AFK people using a cloak. I think CCP wants it to be a super rich island fortress for botting, which they can then conduct high sec raids from, killing "stupid pubic hairs" mining. That's CCP's effective design policy at least.

Oh pubbies is pubic hair! Lol

I was reading it as pub-bies and puppies, spelt funny. Meh, if I am pubic hair then they are the crabs that get in it. Big smile

OP has is wrong.

Quote:

Pubbie

1. Members of a game community that aren't in your particular private group. Usually seen as less desirable to play with.
2. Derogatory term used to describe anyone playing a multiplayer game that isn't a member of the Something Awful forums... (more stuff that seems to be butthurt about the Goons, so it's pretty much irrelevant to the definition).

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Jojo Jackson
Dead Red Eye
#42 - 2011-12-24 20:34:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jojo Jackson
Scatim Helicon wrote:
You can't force people to shoot those they don't want to shoot just because they're playing the game differently to how you want them to, soz m8

Hey, it's not me, who whine like a pink baby to have no targetz.
THEY whine even it's their own fault!

- get as big as posible by inviting everyone
- blue the rest
- whine like pink babys "not enough targetz"
- troll spam forums with "nerv highsec"
- soke up every lost soul which whent from nerved high to low/null
- repeat from step 2

THEY fail, not me Twisted

Solution:
see me first post

Why the hell can't I fitt capital repairs or shield booster on an Orca ... it's an CAPITAL ship!

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-12-24 22:42:21 UTC
Oh hey, so this is where we're posting now.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2011-12-24 23:38:44 UTC
null should be dangerous, a few people should be able to wreak havoc, getting some good kills on people mining, or running anoms.
a large force should be able to conquer territory and wipe out whole fleets causing hundreds of billions isk damage.

currently small forces can't do much but get a lucky kill, bott programs log out when a new person jumps in local.
large Blobs are just blobs..

very very rarely do you hear of a 40 man group pillaging enemy territory.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#45 - 2011-12-25 00:09:24 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
If you'll take a moment to look in this thread here, especially around pages 11 on, you'll see that a main complaint is that it makes null sec less safe for carebears. This got me to wondering...

Just exactly how safe is null sec supposed to be anyhow? Is there supposed to be a constant degree of danger involved, should there be a point where it's safe enough for the cariest of carebears to carebear away in peace?

Opinions?

Don't spam us with links to your bad ideas. Or your good ones. If discussion isn't keeping the thread bumped, let it die.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

FadeIN Fr0St
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2011-12-25 01:10:37 UTC
Look at Epidemic's KB. A Goon, or a Test alt were in our ranks and ran a train on our last allience's botters.

Well done sir, well done!!!!

0.0 seems safe till a wolf is set loose. And I like it!!!! Screw the botters.

"All hail Wang ... the little fella in Command. When 'trouble' starts to spread, I'm sure he will rise to the occasion."

Azahni Vah'nos (Best reply ever)

Previous page123