These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Strange shipping order for Art of New Eden Book

First post First post
Author
Adacia Calla
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2015-03-30 18:00:22 UTC
Klaus Tylar wrote:
Adacia Calla wrote:
Your order #, i.e 1000098 for me, means that mine *should* be autographed, keep this in mind when you receive yours.


Your order number is not the number of the book you will receive. I had Order #1000398(or another number in the high 300s: I'd have to go check) and yet was sent book #197 which was signed. On the flip side of that, I know of two friends of mine with order numbers below 200 who did not get signature copies.

Yeah your serial and order number are not going to match, which would be amazing if they did, but from my understanding as long as your order number is under 500 for your respective region, it *should* be autographed. But if your friends copies weren't then I don't know what to say :(

Test signature....forum not applying settings :(

Klaus Tylar
Tylar United Freight
#42 - 2015-03-30 18:01:59 UTC
Adacia Calla wrote:
Yeah your serial and order number are not going to match, which would be amazing if they did, but from my understanding as long as your order number is under 500 for your respective region, it *should* be autographed. But if your friends copies weren't then I don't know what to say :(


Yeah, they were pretty bummed about it. :( Especially since the three of us ordered at around the same time.
Legion Masser
Brohemia
Holy Broman Empire
#43 - 2015-03-30 21:23:49 UTC
FINALLY GOT 'ER!!

Its beautiful !!!

☢☢☢☢☢☢☢- Your Anger is a Gift -☢☢☢☢☢☢☢ Do you even Titan? ☢☢☢ Potato ☢☢☢Lemon☢☢☢

Neckbeard Nixon
Incorruptibles
#44 - 2015-03-31 01:59:21 UTC
Adacia Calla wrote:
Klaus Tylar wrote:
Adacia Calla wrote:
Your order #, i.e 1000098 for me, means that mine *should* be autographed, keep this in mind when you receive yours.


Your order number is not the number of the book you will receive. I had Order #1000398(or another number in the high 300s: I'd have to go check) and yet was sent book #197 which was signed. On the flip side of that, I know of two friends of mine with order numbers below 200 who did not get signature copies.

Yeah your serial and order number are not going to match, which would be amazing if they did, but from my understanding as long as your order number is under 500 for your respective region, it *should* be autographed. But if your friends copies weren't then I don't know what to say :(

I had order 870 and got copy #34.

I sell childrens' organs to zoos.

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#45 - 2015-03-31 04:39:07 UTC
Neckbeard Nixon wrote:
Adacia Calla wrote:
Klaus Tylar wrote:
Adacia Calla wrote:
Your order #, i.e 1000098 for me, means that mine *should* be autographed, keep this in mind when you receive yours.


Your order number is not the number of the book you will receive. I had Order #1000398(or another number in the high 300s: I'd have to go check) and yet was sent book #197 which was signed. On the flip side of that, I know of two friends of mine with order numbers below 200 who did not get signature copies.

Yeah your serial and order number are not going to match, which would be amazing if they did, but from my understanding as long as your order number is under 500 for your respective region, it *should* be autographed. But if your friends copies weren't then I don't know what to say :(

I had order 870 and got copy #34.



Didnt you post the photos on facebook?


Anyway, is there a way to track it? Manually since some of us dont have shipping numbers.

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#46 - 2015-03-31 09:19:38 UTC
I had order 1000347 and got book 938/2001 todayBig smile. Not complaining.

Question though, according to the website the box should be:
Quote:
A beautiful black clamshell protective box with an embossed silver logo.


My box is white with black letters? Shocked
Anyone else got this?
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#47 - 2015-03-31 10:27:05 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
Also:
The pages of the book sticked together at the top and the images/print is damaged whereever there are pictures with a dark background.
Does anyone else have that issue?
It's a bit sad since CCP makes such an effort to get a high quality.
I have take the liberty of pointing out this problem to CCP. However, if and/or when an answer and possible solution will be given, I can unfortunately not say.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

CCP Falcon
#48 - 2015-03-31 10:28:48 UTC
Sucks that there are a few that have edges stuck together. Sad

I'll point this thread out to CCP t0rfifrans as he's in direct contact with the distributor.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#49 - 2015-03-31 10:36:46 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:

Also:
The pages of the book sticked together at the top and the images/print is damaged whereever there are pictures with a dark background.
Does anyone else have that issue?
It's a bit sad since CCP makes such an effort to get a high quality.




Yes, I had the same issue.
http://i.imgur.com/2XW3tnr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LLLk9fW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3H4EpGI.jpg

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Eve Solecist
Shitt Outta Luck - GANKING4GOOD
#50 - 2015-03-31 11:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Solecist
nevermind.
server lags bigtime...
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#51 - 2015-03-31 11:55:55 UTC
It says 1158/2001 on mine and mine was still signed so I don't think that number has anything to do with it really (plus when I order said I was #168)

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#52 - 2015-03-31 12:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Edward Olmops
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Edward Olmops wrote:

Also:
The pages of the book sticked together at the top and the images/print is damaged whereever there are pictures with a dark background.
Does anyone else have that issue?
It's a bit sad since CCP makes such an effort to get a high quality.




Yes, I had the same issue.
http://i.imgur.com/2XW3tnr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LLLk9fW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3H4EpGI.jpg


Exactly those white marks on like 40 pages to varying degrees.
Being no printing expert, but I could imagine that the black dye used for the page rims somehow reacted with the colours used for the backgrounds.

Serial number is 1012/2001.

I have to admit that I am not 100% happy with the product this time.
I mean, technically this is just a minor defect and it's still a very beautiful book. But just the fact that it's supposed to be the ultra-rare Very Special Edition makes it feel a bit ... meh. :-/

In general I really like CCP's approach regarding high quality merchandising articles though - that's why I also bought the Collector's Edition / EVE Source Limited Edition and some of the Musterbrand stuff. Please keep going, just ensure that the quality matches the promises. ;-)
Droodid
Antec Enterprises
#53 - 2015-03-31 12:19:13 UTC
Mine turned up and looks great, no issues at all. Weirdly though I got 1248 and yet still had and autographed lithographs. Not complaining there!

On a related note, does anyone know how to redeem for the art of EVE clothes? I can't find any redemption information anywhere yet my invoice tells me to activate it on the support website.
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#54 - 2015-03-31 12:55:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Edward Olmops
Droodid wrote:
Mine turned up and looks great, no issues at all. Weirdly though I got 1248 and yet still had and autographed lithographs. Not complaining there!

On a related note, does anyone know how to redeem for the art of EVE clothes? I can't find any redemption information anywhere yet my invoice tells me to activate it on the support website.


There is a code on that silver plate with the Jita Station on it.
Redeem it in Account Management.

https://secure.eveonline.com/Activation/
Droodid
Antec Enterprises
#55 - 2015-03-31 14:39:47 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
Droodid wrote:
Mine turned up and looks great, no issues at all. Weirdly though I got 1248 and yet still had and autographed lithographs. Not complaining there!

On a related note, does anyone know how to redeem for the art of EVE clothes? I can't find any redemption information anywhere yet my invoice tells me to activate it on the support website.


There is a code on that silver plate with the Jita Station on it.
Redeem it in Account Management.

https://secure.eveonline.com/Activation/


Thanks, worked a treat!
Boseo
Azure Horizon
#56 - 2015-03-31 15:38:59 UTC
Got mine today as well was order number 48 (which still says its processing) but got number 1221 which was signed.
Like others I have also noticed a few pages were stuck together making the bottom the the pages look like the examples posted earlier.

I also received a 2nd package that is the same size (and came with the same guy) but had some random persons name on it, I did have a few issues with my ordering so not too sure what has gone on there.

Sorry but file “forumsig.GIF” is currently unavailable please come back later…… like in a year or so.

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
RONA Directorate
#57 - 2015-03-31 16:49:02 UTC
I wish I could see where mine was at. Im getting Jumpy. Also since I can't track it, how do I tell UPS what to do if they run into problems?

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#58 - 2015-03-31 16:57:09 UTC
I can only tell I ordered from Germany. The delivery service was FedEx and they kept sending me SMS about the package. But since there were some parcels (including one I received) that obviously had wrong names on them I wonder whether there might have been orders that were somehow incorrect/incomplete as a result of the first rush to the server during Fanfest?
Bonezay
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2015-03-31 16:59:20 UTC
I received my limited edition by mail today very nice.

But as others have pointed out the full color spreads are sticking together at the bottom of the pages on my book.

This is resulting in noticeable white spots (like a frosting effect) along the entire bottom of the spread. This is occurring on almost every chapter intro page and a few of the full color spreads (ie. The planet section).

I've worked as a pre-press technician and can tell that this is due to the ink or varnish not drying properly (setting) before going through the bindery process.

Any commercial client commissioning a print job that had this issue would have a strong case to have their product reprinted at no cost as this is a botched job.

I'm fine with paying the high cost and shipping but I demand quality in the product and that is just not reflected here. It is a shame because without the ink sticking issue this is a beautiful package and the signed lithographs are very nice as well.

P.S. The Black ink used on the lithographs' EVE logo is only 100% K and therefore is only grey. A true black would be CMYK C=75 M=68 Y=67 K=90.


Limited Edition # 1231 / 2001

CCP please do something about this. Recall the damaged books destroy them and replace them! Do the right thing
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#60 - 2015-03-31 18:23:37 UTC
Soba bit of an odd one, I just received 5 emails that mu order has shipped, I decided to log back I to the website and found 5 processing notifications of the same order #.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.