These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Jovian Observatories; Tyrannos salvage efforts; Antikythera Elements

Author
Everten Plaza
Ally and Associates
#21 - 2015-03-31 02:41:43 UTC
Should we remember that Jovian ships were available for capsuleers, it is possible that capsuleers had joined the drifters and maybe even the jovians. I have been running tests on the new antikythera elements and analysing the strength of a jovian ship. I had a hypothesis that the antikythera was a omnipresent material in most jovian designs, after doing color matching and testing against weapons I can conclude that a pod and the capsuleer jovian ships do not contain *much of* the material. As we know jovian materials are much more effective than other materials, a pod has 187 hit points although it is only around 4m3 (imperial 12ft3) by comparison a velator has 172 hitpoints and its long axis is around 62m. The power capacity is also remarkable with a pod being able to hold 138GJ of power while a velator holds 135GJ.

The average pod can take 1 antimatter shot to its armor before it is stripped to hull (very dangerous testing). This means it was exposed to an antimatter explosion of 2.5 dm3 or around 0.5 ounces of antimatter, that is the equivalent of 2.5104e+15N of force being spread out over 2.5m2. This means that its uniaxial stress capacity is 1.008056e+15! The reson that this material is not used more often in ship design despite being so common is unknown. The Jovian observatories are currently being dismantled by drifter forces, this is no doubt a tremendous task as they can be around 180km long. The current dismantling beams are orange meaning they are a lower frequency wave this means that they must be releasing quite a bit of energy over a longer wavelength, I have little knowledge on lasers but i would imagine it would take a large amount of energy to generate 2.5104e+15N of force.
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#22 - 2015-03-31 03:39:27 UTC
Everten Plaza wrote:
Should we remember that Jovian ships were available for capsuleers, it is possible that capsuleers had joined the drifters and maybe even the jovians. I have been running tests on the new antikythera elements and analysing the strength of a jovian ship. I had a hypothesis that the antikythera was a omnipresent material in most jovian designs, after doing color matching and testing against weapons I can conclude that a pod and the capsuleer jovian ships do not contain *much of* the material. As we know jovian materials are much more effective than other materials, a pod has 187 hit points although it is only around 4m3 (imperial 12ft3) by comparison a velator has 172 hitpoints and its long axis is around 62m. The power capacity is also remarkable with a pod being able to hold 138GJ of power while a velator holds 135GJ.

The average pod can take 1 antimatter shot to its armor before it is stripped to hull (very dangerous testing). This means it was exposed to an antimatter explosion of 2.5 dm3 or around 0.5 ounces of antimatter, that is the equivalent of 2.5104e+15N of force being spread out over 2.5m2. This means that its uniaxial stress capacity is 1.008056e+15! The reson that this material is not used more often in ship design despite being so common is unknown. The Jovian observatories are currently being dismantled by drifter forces, this is no doubt a tremendous task as they can be around 180km long. The current dismantling beams are orange meaning they are a lower frequency wave this means that they must be releasing quite a bit of energy over a longer wavelength, I have little knowledge on lasers but i would imagine it would take a large amount of energy to generate 2.5104e+15N of force.

That's a lot of words to say that Drifter ships are damn powerful and out class anything we have.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Tykari
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-03-31 09:07:47 UTC
Everten Plaza wrote:

We know the Jove have what is called Complex fullerene, which they use in construction. It's a material that given our current means is virtually indestructible. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it. It's likely the Observatories were built with the same material,which explains why we can't scratch them.

In this dark void we are like brilliant stars, holding within us both the creative and destructive power to bring a new dawn upon worlds or plunge them into eternal darkness.

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#24 - 2015-03-31 14:10:11 UTC
Has anybody fired a doomsday at one of these things yet? I don't care how strong your intramolecular bonds are, a blast of antimatter that can one-shot a carrier has got to do something right?

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#25 - 2015-03-31 15:27:05 UTC
Stitcher wrote:
Has anybody fired a doomsday at one of these things yet? I don't care how strong your intramolecular bonds are, a blast of antimatter that can one-shot a carrier has got to do something right?

I think I suggested this once and it got shot down faster than one of my thrashers.

Stitcher
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#26 - 2015-03-31 15:28:43 UTC
Did they give a reason why?

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Nomistrav
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-03-31 15:29:58 UTC
Stitcher wrote:

Probably the exponential risk involved in an uncontrolled environment, one would think.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#28 - 2015-03-31 15:53:56 UTC
Stitcher wrote:

Something about CONCORD not letting them deploy the DD against them.

Everten Plaza
Ally and Associates
#29 - 2015-03-31 16:21:38 UTC
The antikythera is strang, the drifters mine it from jovian observatories. The Jovian Observatories are old, older than the capsuleer jovian ships. So the question is... Is the Antikythera unkown, more advanced, or less advanced than Jovian materials?
Jennifer Starfall
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#30 - 2015-03-31 16:36:21 UTC
Nomistrav wrote:
Think it would be best to consult Jennifer Starfall about similarities between Caroline's Star and the Seyllin Incident...

I'm hardly an expert; I've just facilitated some discussions on the subject.

It has been observed that there are definite parallels drawn between Caroline's Star and the Seyllin incident. Specifically, the events (the Seyllin Incident and Caroline's Star going nova) have all been accompanied by wormhole events.

The Seyllin Incident corresponded with the first appearance of the unstable wormholes.

The Caroline's Star incident corresponded with the appearance (or our noticing of) the cloaked structures (now identified as the Jovian observatories) and the appearance of the shattered wormhole systems as well as the Thera incident.

Lord Kithrus Crases gave an interesting presentation discussing some of the potential implications of these events on the first day of the Fourth Seyllin Conference (skip to "2015.02.28 21:42:24" for the specific presentation).

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Previous page12