These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Cosmic Anoms: mining

Author
Aston Martin DB5
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2015-03-30 11:56:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Aston Martin DB5
So just after DT and I thought I'd check out a few anoms in high sec. Ran into a mining one with supposedly an average field of Jaspet, Kernite, and Omber. I Warped to the location and all I found was Omber!

We must have some extremely fast miners out there taking all the Jaspet and Kernite 5 minutes after downtime and with 1 other person in the system........

I guess my question is, are they properly being generated?

edit: wake and ...
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#2 - 2015-03-30 12:13:58 UTC
It's the mining goblins who stole all the ore during downtime.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#3 - 2015-03-30 12:37:42 UTC
I may be wrong on this one - perhaps you checked right before DT and the anom hadn't yet spawned and therefore there are either spawn problems or very fast miners... In which case I would suggest submitting a bug report to confirm the spawn is correct.

However these anoms do not respawn at downtime - the likelyhood is that the "good" ores had all been mined out significantly before downtime. The Anom will hang around until someone clears out the last of it - or until it despawns naturally.
Schmalcolm
AscendoTech Research and Development
#4 - 2015-03-30 12:42:28 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
I may be wrong on this one - perhaps you checked right before DT and the anom hadn't yet spawned and therefore there are either spawn problems or very fast miners... In which case I would suggest submitting a bug report to confirm the spawn is correct.

However these anoms do not respawn at downtime - the likelyhood is that the "good" ores had all been mined out significantly before downtime. The Anom will hang around until someone clears out the last of it - or until it despawns naturally.

This. In my experience, ore anoms last for days sometimes.

Correct me if I am wrong but they USED to despawn and move at DT, but then people were complaining they didn't have time to actually mine them.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#5 - 2015-03-30 12:47:49 UTC
yeah the question is did you see the anom before DT, if not its probably been up for sometime, then you face cherry pickers. Past that I avoid anoms because they have been gank bait ever since they were removed having to probe them down and just making them to a warp to. Ive seen a lot of people die shortly after warping in.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-03-30 15:09:57 UTC
So. You're slow. Your point?

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Whittorical Quandary
Amarrian Infinity
#7 - 2015-03-30 15:54:15 UTC
If i see one of those I usually go hardcore, they can be mined out relatively fast by 2-3 ppl, but more than likely they're empty because they don't respawn ore after DT.

And omber meh, not worth mining imo.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."

— Abraham Lincoln

Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-03-30 19:38:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Desimus Maximus
Are asteroid fields even dependent on Downtime? Are they not dictated by their own spawn timers, DT or not?

Haven't mined in years.. so I could be wrong, like most things in my life.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#9 - 2015-03-30 20:01:45 UTC
IIRC they carry over DT. So if it had 1 rock before DT it will have 1 rock after. You have to mine it all the way out for it to despawn. or wait the 3 or whatever days

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
#10 - 2015-03-30 20:23:48 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
IIRC they carry over DT. So if it had 1 rock before DT it will have 1 rock after. You have to mine it all the way out for it to despawn. or wait the 3 or whatever days

This.

All rocks need to be removed to force a despawn and the server remembers the condition of the Anomaly before and after down times. I used to mine the Omber until they introduced the compression by mineral system. It then became horribly obvious just how bad Omber was and I got my head on straight.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2015-03-30 21:06:19 UTC
Aston Martin DB5 wrote:
So just after DT and I thought I'd check out a few anoms in high sec. Ran into a mining one with supposedly an average field of Jaspet, Kernite, and Omber. I Warped to the location and all I found was Omber!

We must have some extremely fast miners out there taking all the Jaspet and Kernite 5 minutes after downtime and with 1 other person in the system........

I guess my question is, are they properly being generated?

edit: wake and ...

Many of these smaller belts have mostly omber and a roid of two of the other.. It's not hard to pick over those boulders only in short order.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-03-30 21:14:46 UTC
I'd like to see Gravimetric sites come back, but keep the anoms as well. Make the Grav sites .25 of a level more valuable to reflect the work done to track it down, perhaps.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#13 - 2015-03-31 01:57:24 UTC
I think some people leave one asteroid in the belt in the mistaken belief that the anomaly will refill after downtime. Or they are just Twisted.
Niobe Song
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-03-31 02:17:34 UTC
Joia Crenca wrote:
I'd like to see Gravimetric sites come back, but keep the anoms as well. Make the Grav sites .25 of a level more valuable to reflect the work done to track it down, perhaps.

As someone who does exploration and has no interest in ever mining again I would prefer not wasting my time scanning down Gravimetric sites. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main motivation for removing them in the first place.
Brutus Utama
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-03-31 11:12:16 UTC
its because someone who no consideration mined the nice ores then left the rubbish for other people... used to happen to me in the domain region alot when i was there.... kinda sucks
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#16 - 2015-03-31 11:16:13 UTC
Mainly the issue is Omber plain sucks. Always has.
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#17 - 2015-03-31 18:48:24 UTC
Niobe Song wrote:
Joia Crenca wrote:

As someone who does exploration and has no interest in ever mining again I would prefer not wasting my time scanning down Gravimetric sites. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the main motivation for removing them in the first place.

It could be made fairly obvious from an early scan that it was a Grav site so those that don't use them wouldn't spend much time on that one. The other thing that might make it a bit interesting, but also a bit annoying would be to have Grav or other types of resource sites come up ONLY after an initial probe scan has been done. Keep the ones there that are currently showing up on scan when you first open it up, but also give an incentive to check for more.
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#18 - 2015-04-02 04:55:33 UTC
Aston Martin DB5 wrote:
So just after DT and I thought I'd check out a few anoms in high sec ...

Probably hadn't despawned after persisting through that downtime but yeah, HISEC?!?
The good crumbs are hoovered in minutes from those.
Now null, enormous belts of ABC ores spawn and despawn without anyone ever landing on grid before they fade away..

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Zetaomega333
High Flyers
#19 - 2015-04-02 06:34:40 UTC
Non sov level grav sites are pretty worthless, the roids have a terrible amount of ore in them making you constantly have to move and overall its really not worth your time to even warp to these.
Aston Martin DB5
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2015-04-02 07:28:40 UTC
ty for the replies, I've always thought Mining anoms reset after down time.

cheers.
12Next page