These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

*snip* has hit the fan and something needs to be done about it!!!

First post
Author
Torviak Sandman
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-03-29 13:15:32 UTC
Good evening, EVE.

Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comfort of everyday mining, the security of the stations, the tranquility of grinding. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereupon important events of the past, usually associated with someone's ban or the end of some awful bloody struggle for justice, are celebrated with a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this March the 29th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted over team-speak servers, and ISDs with tablets and laptops will be thread locking all my topics. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this game and the manpower fueling it, isn't there?

Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well, certainly, there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.
I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? Griefers, Chinese isk farmers, corp thieves. They were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now greedy, money-fattened, red faced, bureaucratic paper pusher, Hilmar Veigar Pétursson. He promised you content, he promised you iskies, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent, your credit card details and a slow trickle of money.

Recently, I sought to end that silence. Recently, I posted on the EVE Discussions forum to remind this community of what it has forgotten. More than four years ago, a great citizen called Backdoor Bandit wished to embed the 29th of March forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this gaming corporation remain unknown to you, then I would suggest that you allow the 29th of March to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me, one year from tonight, outside the gates of CCP in Iceland, and together we shall give them a 29th of March that shall never, ever be forgot.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#2 - 2015-03-29 13:21:04 UTC
Torviak Sandman wrote:

There are, of course, those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted over team-speak servers, and ISDs with tablets and laptops will be thread locking all my topics. Why?

more like eyes rolled with mutters of "something something discussion of moderation is prohibited something something thread lock".

why don't you get this by now?
Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-03-29 13:21:53 UTC
Yeah, woo!

I don't know what this is, but I too like popcorn!
Hengle Teron
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#4 - 2015-03-29 13:25:20 UTC
tl;dr ?
Complete Tart
#5 - 2015-03-29 13:27:10 UTC
What are you even talking about?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#6 - 2015-03-29 13:28:12 UTC
And this is your brain on drugs.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#7 - 2015-03-29 13:28:32 UTC
i'm banging my desk, i'm mad as hell,, i want,,,,,, i want something,,, i dont' know what that something is,, but i want it now!

to battle!

btw, just wondering, why are we going somewhere to do something ??????
Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-03-29 13:30:10 UTC
Hengle Teron wrote:
tl;dr ?

-Stop what you're doing
-ISDs gonna ISD
-We're to blame
-Hilmar is to blame
-OP posted in GD
-Let's all invade Iceland
Torviak Sandman
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-03-29 13:30:54 UTC
Complete Tart wrote:

Dear ISD, as this fellow here has no idea what Im talking about, you are not eligible to call my thread a rant nor a troll nor a "whatever crosses your mind".

I went carefully over all the rules of the EULA, not a single one has been violated.
Wendrika Hydreiga
#10 - 2015-03-29 13:32:39 UTC
I love V for Vendetta references!
Mag's
Azn Empire
#11 - 2015-03-29 13:33:07 UTC
Wat?

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#12 - 2015-03-29 13:33:45 UTC
Torviak Sandman wrote:
Complete Tart wrote:

Dear ISD, as this fellow here has no idea what Im talking about, you are not eligible to call my thread a rant nor a troll nor a "whatever crosses your mind".

I went carefully over all the rules of the EULA, not a single one has been violated.

this makes as much sense as your name change posts. lol Roll
Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-03-29 13:34:57 UTC
Torviak Sandman wrote:
Complete Tart wrote:

It could still be locked for Lack of Content.

I mean, what was the point again?

Oh yeah, invading Iceland.
stoicfaux
#14 - 2015-03-29 13:35:57 UTC
Did I miss some horrible social, political, and/or natural disaster on the 29th?

/me checks the news.

Okay, *which* horrible social, political, and natural disasters from the 29th is the OP referring to?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Hengle Teron
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#15 - 2015-03-29 13:36:50 UTC
Dear OP,

your rant makes me throw up.
Yes, you are oppressing my health.
Now, please stop, before I take it to the international court for human rights.

Thank you,

H
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#16 - 2015-03-29 13:52:17 UTC
Remember, remember, the 29th of Marchcember,
The patchday of treason and plot,
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#17 - 2015-03-29 13:52:22 UTC
*looks at calender*

Yup, it's forum moron day.

Mr Epeen Cool
Desimus Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-03-29 13:55:11 UTC
Aside from complete incoherence, I read nothing but a threat to CCP.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#19 - 2015-03-29 13:57:58 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Torviak Sandman wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion off course. Unfortunately I beg to differ.

Thread locked.

The Rules:
12. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a support ticket under the Community & Forums Category.

17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

23. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)