These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Framerate drops when moving camera when near a gate

First post
Author
Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#1 - 2015-03-25 03:33:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Siegfried Cohenberg
After the scylla patch i've been getting consistant frame rate drops whenever im near a gate. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing these same issues. I multibox 3 accounts so this is a pretty significant drop in performance for me. Most of my activity in game involves moving my camera near gates.

edit: game also hiccups when i just approach things
Minuhteaa
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-03-25 09:05:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Minuhteaa
Same problem. BUMP

Edit - As a side note, anytime these framerate drops occur I'm getting that new "Resource Loading" dealie in the bottom left of the screen..... And yes download all resource files is checked in the launcher settings
Siegfried Cohenberg
Cohenberg's Ethical Hauling
Freighter Friends
#3 - 2015-03-25 09:43:36 UTC
Minuhteaa wrote:
Same problem. BUMP

Edit - As a side note, anytime these framerate drops occur I'm getting that new "Resource Loading" dealie in the bottom left of the screen..... And yes download all resource files is checked in the launcher settings

YES YES YES this is what i'm noticing as well. Turning the camera, landing on gates, approaching ships, all cause this to happen
Nelly McKay
Irenidae
#4 - 2015-03-25 15:06:16 UTC
Minuhteaa wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. This happens especially often in busy areas like Jita undock, makes it pretty unplayable at times.
Aston Martin DB5
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-03-25 15:39:24 UTC
lags pretty bad for me to around gates whether or not players are there.
Neon Impulse
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-03-25 16:52:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Neon Impulse
everytime the resource loading circle pops up my frame rate drops as well and how many times does the same resource need to be loaded? zooming out and zooming in causes it to load stuff
Sophie von Sternheim
Holy Bank of Amarr
#7 - 2015-03-25 17:19:22 UTC
Neon Impulse wrote:
everytime the resource loading circle pops up my frame rate drops as well and how many times does the same resource need to be loaded? zooming out and zooming i

Same for me! Having HUGE performance issues after the update even on lowest settings. Don't know what to do.
Primo Theron
Violent Ambitions
#8 - 2015-03-25 19:23:56 UTC
Same Here +1
jimbolina
Doomheim
#9 - 2015-03-25 20:25:28 UTC
+1
Nix Vivec
Links 2-3-4
Sectio Aurea.
#10 - 2015-03-25 22:47:32 UTC
+1
Solo Gaterau
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-03-26 00:42:53 UTC
+1
Char PLA
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-03-26 02:18:09 UTC
+1
Rengas
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#13 - 2015-03-26 02:30:40 UTC
Same problem.

Do I require additional pylons?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#14 - 2015-03-26 06:23:18 UTC
Gonna drop my +1 off as well.

Dissabling Resource Cache seemed to help for me. In options, it should be just above the HDR and Station Environments settings. Clicking on or doing anything with the UI in general still gives noticable frame drops, but that's been there since the UI got overhauled, so I can't really tell just yet if it completely rid the issue or just made it less noticable.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
#15 - 2015-03-26 07:39:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Droidyk
+1
Completely same thing for me, it is always connected to the loading resources circle, whenever it appears or disappears I am getting the freezes. I am getting it exactly at the same times as other say, it also happens whenever I change ships. I posted same thing on Scylla - Issues thread.
I haven't got anything similar before.
Talyn Soone
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-03-26 08:22:17 UTC
same here, please look into this ccp
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2015-03-26 09:45:53 UTC
We are investigating the performance impact of the loading indicator, hope to have a fix soon.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#18 - 2015-03-26 14:34:35 UTC
Never-mind. Turning Resource Cache Enabled off didn't do squat apparently. Frames still tank at the same places; near gates, leaving/entering grid, periodically every few seconds in mission pockets, doing anything with the UI requiring the server to queue more than one command at a time, etc.

Also, seems like the launcher needs another good ten minutes for "Checking Shared Resource Cache" if there is a patch. What's that all about? Adding another process for patches seems like a little ass-backwards, don't you think?

Convenience is getting a little inconvenient, it would seem.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Amon Tobin
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-03-26 20:43:08 UTC
+1
Vennicea
VVV Enterprises
#20 - 2015-03-26 21:34:29 UTC
Same here.

I multi-box several characters (up to 6) & I've noticed that as I add another character performance gets progressively worse.

Normally my FPS sat around the 60 mark but lately I've been seeing it as low as 2.
12Next page