These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Why would I undock......

Author
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2015-03-24 22:22:32 UTC
First of all, this question belongs more under features and ideas than here.
Second, this topic is VERY redundant... Learn to use the search tool.
Laken Starr
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-03-25 10:49:27 UTC
This seems like it could be a really nifty interface to add to WiS.
Jallukola
#23 - 2015-03-25 11:02:35 UTC
Sounds like a nice idea, just wait till bittervets storm b-b-b-but muh content.

All posts and mails screencapped and time stamped, including out of EVE, you will not reverse on me.

Might come in handy!

Irya Boone
The Scope
#24 - 2015-03-25 11:03:27 UTC
live in a pos

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Serene Repose
#25 - 2015-03-25 13:17:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Telenn Kursk wrote:
This is sorta a funny one. We got 'techy' people that say this is a good idea and it is very valid. While 'others' that apparently have found and used work a rounds to this simple idea. But the 'others' seem to be offensive about it. Maybe they have lost ships or enjoy the flawed mechanics for their advantage.
What ever side of the fence you sit, the subject is simple. Why isn't there this option, I for one like it.
Contempt does not necessarily = hostility. The "work around" (as you so generously put it) is more the Prairie Dog Maneuver. Poke your head out of the hole periodically, if you pull it back in with you, the coyote wasn't there.
Brilliant solution.

I always prefer using gum, bobby pins and matchbooks to an iPad. It just makes more sense, no?
How about those tin cans with that long string? Who needs a phone anyway?

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#26 - 2015-03-25 13:24:02 UTC
T'Kiira wrote:
If I knew there was a fleet out there to kill me? I wouldn't you all say, it common sense. So then, considering this is a advanced universe. Shouldn't there be a simple button in dock to click, giving you access to a camera view outside. Could be as simple as a static cam location that you could move around. Or as complicated as CCP wants it to be to include your personal Overview settings.

If this has been addressed in the past, then this is here to remind you to look into it. Will it limit fights.... maybe, but if I know there be hostile outside then I will come out fighting vs coming out to be next boring wreck.

Edit:
Risk vs Reward is the argument, with the undock mechanics in place of 30sec immunity.

So what does the dock camper Risk? They sit there watch you undock, maybe in the ship they will gank maybe in a shuttle cause 'you just looking'. Watch you redock, Oh so now they know your ship, know that you are looking at undocking and every one is on standby. The minutes of sitting gonna pay off.... what little risk.

The undocker, wondering, why he didn't get books, doesn't have a alt or ally to do a cloaky look at the dock exit. Should he buy a ship, refit this one. Will he have enough to take on the one ship out there, or have the numbers outside increased.

From this, no risk on the dock camper, all on the undocker.

Now, what if the undocker could look outside, say throu a window. See the ship(s) out there, setup a ship for the fight or flight. And then come out ready for the fight. The undocker still has a risk, but the risk level for the camper has been put on even ground.

Or you guys gonna complain some more.

Considering your corporation I assume you are in High Sec. You do have insta undock bookmarks, don't you? If you don't: learn how to play the game before whining here.
Kalishka Ashkulf
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-03-25 13:30:01 UTC
I just look at the local list & the list of guests in the station.

Why, thank you, Thing!

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#28 - 2015-03-25 13:51:42 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Undock , ctrl space, blow razberrys at the campers.

Dock when you get yellow boxed.

Provided that the only command you give your ship is "stop" you have immunity for something like 30s (could be less , I'm not sure)

wish the invul worked for me, theres been a number of times in low sec ive been instalocked by tornadoes undocking and docking (I use bookmarks for docking) I get by the enamel on my teeth as I watch artillery rounds hit my industrial as the loading bar appears and the screen goes black upon docking.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Serene Repose
#29 - 2015-03-25 15:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Agondray wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Undock , ctrl space, blow razberrys at the campers.

Dock when you get yellow boxed.

Provided that the only command you give your ship is "stop" you have immunity for something like 30s (could be less , I'm not sure)

wish the invul worked for me, theres been a number of times in low sec ive been instalocked by tornadoes undocking and docking (I use bookmarks for docking) I get by the enamel on my teeth as I watch artillery rounds hit my industrial as the loading bar appears and the screen goes black upon docking.
Any man can master a grief save he who has one. - Willie the Shake-
"All yah gotta do is...." Pedal that Charon faster!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#30 - 2015-03-25 16:40:46 UTC
Give it a chance. Undock. Heaven forbid, you might even have fun. Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Previous page12