These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will CCP be hiring Marmites ?

First post
Author
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#141 - 2015-03-25 12:31:41 UTC
Zepher Helen Hawat wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No one is killing your game. Stop with the hysterical reactions...even if somehow all nonconsensual PvP was removed from highsec (which no one is contemplating) you would still be more than welcome to go shoot people in nullsec.

No.

In a spaceship PVP game, we should be allowed to shoot spaceships where ever we want. This delusion that High-Sec is to be 100% safe is just silly, and moronic. You want safe, go play another game.

Go shoot up the newbie systems and let CCP know your opinions of the matter. Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.

Rookie systems are off limits for a reason, and I think no one dis agrees with that. The rest of Hi-sec though is fair game. There are enough factors in place which make it difficult enough as it is for PVP there. No need to take it away completely just because of a few whiners that can't handle lose.

I disagree.

If we are going to retain them, we have to get to them in the first 15 days. I would have said noob training systems are early enough... But may have to travel to the spawn systems too if we are going to properly care for them.

You are the one that's forcing them to quit from neglect and boredom. I always entertain my noobs.
No
Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#142 - 2015-03-25 14:10:40 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.

No, highsec is designed merely to have NPC's do a job that is done by players in non-highsec: reactively impose a consequence for unsanctioned acts. And, Concord only takes your ship. They don't kill you or put you in jail. Eve is a place of consequences, not of laws. The only difference between areas of Eve in that regard is whether NPC's or the controlling players mete out the consequences.

And there's all kinds of non-consensual PvP in highsec that Concord doesn't "criminalize".

You really are ignorant about what you talk about.

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#143 - 2015-03-25 14:31:35 UTC
Rookie systems are off limits for a reason, and I think no one dis agrees with that. The rest of Hi-sec though is fair game. There are enough factors in place which make it difficult enough as it is for PVP there. No need to take it away completely just because of a few whiners that can't handle lose.
Rookie systems are not off limit for wars. We had these discussions a few time with CCP (including apologies etc).

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#144 - 2015-03-25 14:47:50 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No Veers just doesn't buy into your delusional rhetoric that chasing people into npc corps and making highsec socially isolated and boring is somehow good for the game. Good for some lame giggles - sure...good for actually fostering multiplayer play? No way, Jose. But as a smart man once said "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

what quote best approximates "this idiot isn't going to accept he has been wrong for years merely because the data unambiguiously proves it, because he is literally not smart enough to realize it's all over"

How about: Veers, your village called - they want you back.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#145 - 2015-03-25 17:22:07 UTC
Boy howdy! With this recent statistical debunking of carebear myths, CCP joins the elite groups generating massive carebear tears and butthurt.

Welcome to the club, CCP!

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#146 - 2015-03-25 17:52:46 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Boy howdy! With this recent statistical debunking of carebear myths, CCP joins the elite groups generating massive carebear tears and butthurt.

Welcome to the club, CCP!

Hehehe, club. Like clubbing baby seals. I see what you didn't do intentionally there.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Jack Hayson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#147 - 2015-03-25 18:27:45 UTC
Just going to drop this in here.
TLDR: Correlation does not imply causation
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#148 - 2015-03-25 18:59:54 UTC
Jack Hayson wrote:
Just going to drop this in here.
TLDR: Correlation does not imply causation

I see your off topic post and raise you this
TLDR: You don't make sense and will end up with a goat.

Very nice link you found, too bad it has nothing to do with the players who get ganked staying longer and being 200% more awesome than the wow diva's crying to nerf my boats.

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#149 - 2015-03-25 19:58:51 UTC
Okay devil's advocate time: some of the new players who get ganked are ganked because it was very profitable to do so, meaning that they have unusual wealth for a new player, probably from plexing, showing an increased willingness to give CCP money, e.g. for subbing. The stats don't just show a get ganked -> stay in EVE causal link.

But almost everyone who stuck around has a positive story to tell that starts with adversity, and rats don't provide that.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#150 - 2015-03-25 20:18:44 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
Okay devil's advocate time: some of the new players who get ganked are ganked because it was very profitable to do so, meaning that they have unusual wealth for a new player, probably from plexing, showing an increased willingness to give CCP money, e.g. for subbing. The stats don't just show a get ganked -> stay in EVE causal link.

But almost everyone who stuck around has a positive story to tell that starts with adversity, and rats don't provide that.

Ganking new players is never profitable unless they fill a t1 hauler full of crap they bought with the isk they got from selling PLEX.

Ganking freighters is profitable. New players tend not to fly freighters. Ganking anything other than freighters you are lucky to break even if you scoop loot and salvage, or if you're just VERY picky about targets.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#151 - 2015-03-25 20:25:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mobadder Thworst
Masao Kurata wrote:

See here is the problem the way I see it. Ganking should be less common than it is, but with all the new barriers around can flipping and war decs, it is now one of the most viable remaining high sec pvp options.

I think it is messed up that it's so hard to escalate a fight that it's now more efficient, in general, to just take the hit from concord.

I think CCP is confusing what makes Eve great.

Imagine Eve single player. Would you or anyone else play it?

In this sandbox, PVE is the sand. We have to interact with it, but it's just sand.

When you make a sand castle and I try to kick it over, we both feel something. That makes it interesting.

The game is in the interactions between real people. Preventing noobs from having meaningful or interesting interactions with other players is like making them play by themselves in the sandbox. No wonder they quit. They pay to play and get 2 weeks of doing boring stuff that's hard to learn.

The problem isn't that noobs are losing ships. The problem is that we think noobs losing ships is a problem. It is a core game function. It is an inevitable outcome of "fun."
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#152 - 2015-03-25 20:33:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Masao Kurata
Tengu Grib wrote:
Ganking new players is never profitable unless they fill a t1 hauler full of crap they bought with the isk they got from selling PLEX..

That's the scenario I was talking about, although not necessarily a T1 hauler. Shuttles full of PLEX, frigates with 1000x their value in fittings...

Just to be clear this isn't hypothetical, I have retained a fair few new players who did this.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#153 - 2015-03-25 20:34:43 UTC
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

Imagine Eve single player. Would you or anyone else play it?

Hell no.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Revis Owen
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#154 - 2015-03-25 22:11:55 UTC
Jack Hayson wrote:
Correlation does not imply causation

The CCP study being discussed in this thread is not a correlational analysis. It is a demographic breakdown. Your comment is completely irrelevant.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#155 - 2015-03-25 22:20:41 UTC
Masao Kurata wrote:
Tengu Grib wrote:
Ganking new players is never profitable unless they fill a t1 hauler full of crap they bought with the isk they got from selling PLEX..

That's the scenario I was talking about, although not necessarily a T1 hauler. Shuttles full of PLEX, frigates with 1000x their value in fittings...

Just to be clear this isn't hypothetical, I have retained a fair few new players who did this.

New players who do that are idiots and are bad for the game anyways. (Good for ganker wallets though.)

At least RMTer's know what they are doing and the risks involved, even if they are worse than scum.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#156 - 2015-03-25 22:36:28 UTC
Veers, you should totally attend our NPSI roam.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#157 - 2015-03-25 22:48:52 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Presumably CCP means that players who experience PvP combat where they have a chance of winning and inflicting real losses on other other side. Not getting curbstompped by hopelessly better funded, equipped, skilled, and numbed marmite campers.
What you see is what you get. They made the same wrong assumptions as you did, but were man enough to admit it after proper research. Blink

Wars and Ganking are good for Eve..... Let's buff it and make Eve an even better place. \\Pirate//

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/b/639617004 - Starts at 3:15

getting smashed up by marmite gatecampers who dock up at the first sign of a fair fight is certainly not good for eve. And it seems that the CSM vote tallies confirmed that.

Is this something you've heard? Last I checked you had no clue about PvP nor do you partake in such fun. If you are going to try to insult someone, do it from a position of knowledge and experience..not hearsay and rhetoric. Twisted

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Drez Arthie
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2015-03-26 01:49:20 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
The problem with Eve retention is the fact that new players drift into the game without any sense of direction or opportunity. No one leads them to incursions, L4s, manufacturing, etc... Their main experience is trying to make a mining corp, getting curbstomped by marmite, and quitting the game.

Except that the ones who get ganked and curb stomped by Marmite have the highest retention rates.

Which makes the rest of your statement an obvious lie.

Please show us your data. Here's my data .. sadly anecdotal .. every indy/carebear looking character I see in space belongs to a corp/alliance that is or was recently dec'ed by Marmite, Deadly Fingertips and the like. This might be a good lesson in the realities of EVE, but it might also be a lesson that they should just go back to WoW. After all the wimps go back to WoW,who will you fight? Not each other, there seems to be a rule against that.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#159 - 2015-03-26 02:18:58 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No one is killing your game. Stop with the hysterical reactions...even if somehow all nonconsensual PvP was removed from highsec (which no one is contemplating) you would still be more than welcome to go shoot people in nullsec.

No.

In a spaceship PVP game, we should be allowed to shoot spaceships where ever we want. This delusion that High-Sec is to be 100% safe is just silly, and moronic. You want safe, go play another game.

Go shoot up the newbie systems and let CCP know your opinions of the matter. Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.

Yes ganking is a criminal act and sine they neglected to bribe concord they are dealt with by that entity. What's your point? However if you pay off concord like a good law abiding citizen then the non consensual PvP is legal not criminal. Your statement is wrong

completely false, of course. No way to wardecc npc or 1 man corps...no payment to concord will let you shoot at me...only way is by committing a crime.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#160 - 2015-03-26 02:50:17 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No.

Yes ganking is a criminal act and sine they neglected to bribe concord they are dealt with by that entity. What's your point? However if you pay off concord like a good law abiding citizen then the non consensual PvP is legal not criminal. Your statement is wrong

completely false, of course. No way to wardecc npc or 1 man corps...no payment to concord will let you shoot at me...only way is by committing a crime.

Please highlight in the above quote what exactly that was a rebuttal against?

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin