These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Will CCP be hiring Marmites ?

First post
Author
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#121 - 2015-03-25 04:07:01 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

New/Casual players wanting to form a laid back highsec PvE corp without getting griefed into oblivion does not make them part of some tiny 1%...it's not even a good strawman argument.

Show us on the strawman where the 1% touched you.

Nevermind. We know.

Another typical contribution to the high level of discourse on the eve forums - keep up the good work.

I try, but it grows increasingly difficult to keep up with the horrid mess that spews forth from your keyboard. I can only do so much to keep up.

Stop trying to kill my game.

No one is killing your game. Stop with the hysterical reactions...even if somehow all nonconsensual PvP was removed from highsec (which no one is contemplating) you would still be more than welcome to go shoot people in nullsec.

What about lowsec and jspace? Can I shoot them there too, or is PvP just allowed in nullsec?

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#122 - 2015-03-25 04:10:06 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

No one is killing your game. Stop with the hysterical reactions...even if somehow all nonconsensual PvP was removed from highsec (which no one is contemplating) you would still be more than welcome to go shoot people in nullsec.

No.

In a spaceship PVP game, we should be allowed to shoot spaceships where ever we want. This delusion that High-Sec is to be 100% safe is just silly, and moronic. You want safe, go play another game.
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#123 - 2015-03-25 04:17:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Mobadder Thworst
Can someone link the actual presentation.

I would love to know if CCP is actually considering change.

I heard they were going to give sec status improvements for killing noobs under 2 weeks old... But that's not official yet.

Leto, hah.

Mo
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#124 - 2015-03-25 04:48:00 UTC
Zepher Helen Hawat wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No.

In a spaceship PVP game, we should be allowed to shoot spaceships where ever we want. This delusion that High-Sec is to be 100% safe is just silly, and moronic. You want safe, go play another game.

Go shoot up the newbie systems and let CCP know your opinions of the matter. Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#125 - 2015-03-25 05:07:01 UTC
Citing the one place where pvp is not okay does not validate your opinions regarding the rest of the region.

That's just squirrely nonsense.

Some forms of nonconsensual PvP are criminal acts there. The other forms you personally are opposed to.
If you had your way high sec would be nothing but duels and arenas for pvp and everyone else could happily mine up their iron ore or hunt boars in the forest unmolested.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#126 - 2015-03-25 05:49:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No.

Go shoot up the newbie systems and let CCP know your opinions of the matter.
The rules for PvP in a newbie system are very specific, they don't mean that you can't shoot up a newbie system.

Quote:
Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.
Nope, highsec is designed to be a PvP, of all kinds, area that has different mechanics from those of other space. One of those mechanics is a 100% effective reactive NPC force that punishes unsanctioned aggression.

Non-consensual PvP isn't the crime, not paying Concord off is. Concord are essentially gamekeepers that sell hunting permits and shoot poachers.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Faylee Freir
Slavers Union
Something Really Pretentious
#127 - 2015-03-25 05:50:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Faylee Freir
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Citing the one place where pvp is not okay does not validate your opinions regarding the rest of the region.

That's just squirrely nonsense.

Some forms of nonconsensual PvP are criminal acts there. The other forms you personally are opposed to.
If you had your way high sec would be nothing but duels and arenas for pvp and everyone else could happily mine up their iron ore or hunt boars in the forest unmolested.

You mean to say you would actually want to harm those innocent boars?

I think both sides of the fence tend to get radical here. No one can deny that the new player experience is incredibly important, and something that CCP must get right. I am not entirely sure how valid these statistics are, or how in-depth CCP went to filter their results... What I can say is the eve online was created in 2003 to be a sandbox where players could interact with each other in ways that would have you banned in other games. Just because someone comes along and doesn't like what eve has been about since 2003 doesn't mean that CCP needs to listen. We all knew what we were joining when we created our accounts, and I would have a hard time believing otherwise.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#128 - 2015-03-25 06:03:15 UTC
"You mean to say you would actually want to harm those innocent boars?"

The acquisition of bacon is of the utmost importance. While I personally don't engage in much player vs boar action, it is necessary that some do in order for the supply to remain steady.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Faylee Freir
Slavers Union
Something Really Pretentious
#129 - 2015-03-25 06:04:47 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

The acquisition of bacon is of the utmost importance. While I personally don't engage in much player vs boar action, it is necessary that some do in order for the supply to remain steady.

Bacon, CSM XI!
CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#130 - 2015-03-25 06:48:59 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
Fanfest 2015 was awesome and I'll be going to Fanfest 2016 to join the fun. Looking at all the twitch streams I noticed one nice presentation by CCP Rise.

Have a look at these 4 slides from this presentation :

One, two, three and four.

CCP Rise says : People who die play longer (Talking about new players in Eve)

Since Marmites is one of the alliances who probably kills most of the players in high-sec (like RvB, Eve Uni, Forsaken Asylum, etc), should CCP be hiring us ? it will keep more newbro's in the game. Blink

Tora

The Marmite Collective aka CCP's Isk Sink aka CCP Keep Newbro's in Game.

A couple of contests have been held regarding this...

Keep up the good work you!

Speaking of which, update.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#131 - 2015-03-25 08:59:52 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Just wanting to sit in High Sec does not make you a coward. There are lots of fun things to do there.

Give two examples, please.

Ganking people. White knighting gankers. War decs between evenly matched corps. Being the underdog in high sec wars (got a thing for being the underdog). Ninjaing. Baiting ninjas into using and losing shinies. Growing a corp from the ground up. Destroying rival corps through various nefarious activities. Ratting. NO WAIT... scratch the last one

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#132 - 2015-03-25 09:30:15 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No.

Go shoot up the newbie systems and let CCP know your opinions of the matter. Highsec is designed to be lawful, and nonconsensual PvP is a criminal act there.

Yes ganking is a criminal act and sine they neglected to bribe concord they are dealt with by that entity. What's your point? However if you pay off concord like a good law abiding citizen then the non consensual PvP is legal not criminal. Your statement is wrong

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#133 - 2015-03-25 09:36:04 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

I concur. As with spice, 'the bacon must flow'

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Fybs
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#134 - 2015-03-25 10:03:52 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Just wanting to sit in High Sec does not make you a coward. There are lots of fun things to do there.

Give two examples, please.

1) Being a High Sec Merc.

2) Being a High Sec Merc in my Corp.

Blink

Don't confuse kindness with weakness.

Beware the hand of Fybs.

Proud CEO of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#135 - 2015-03-25 11:41:58 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:

No Veers just doesn't buy into your delusional rhetoric that chasing people into npc corps and making highsec socially isolated and boring is somehow good for the game. Good for some lame giggles - sure...good for actually fostering multiplayer play? No way, Jose. But as a smart man once said "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."

what quote best approximates "this idiot isn't going to accept he has been wrong for years merely because the data unambiguiously proves it, because he is literally not smart enough to realize it's all over"
Danalee
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#136 - 2015-03-25 11:49:46 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:

what quote best approximates "this idiot isn't going to accept he has been wrong for years merely because the data unambiguiously proves it, because he is literally not smart enough to realize it's all over"

This one, spot on:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:

this idiot isn't going to accept he has been wrong for years merely because the data unambiguiously proves it, because he is literally not smart enough to realize it's all over

D.

Bear

Proud member of the Somalian Coast Guard Authority

Member and Juror of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#137 - 2015-03-25 11:52:25 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:

No.

Rookie systems are off limits for a reason, and I think no one dis agrees with that. The rest of Hi-sec though is fair game. There are enough factors in place which make it difficult enough as it is for PVP there. No need to take it away completely just because of a few whiners that can't handle lose.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#138 - 2015-03-25 11:55:57 UTC
Veers Belvar wrote:
more sex...ok, no sex......., lies, and video footage

You're still here?

Does CCP need to get a restraining order against you or something?

There are laws against online stalkers, even in Iceland.

Don't forget to biomass when you unsub, and remember, I get all your stuff.

Toodles.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#139 - 2015-03-25 12:12:56 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Veers Belvar wrote:
more sex...ok, no sex......., lies, and video footage

You're still here?

Does CCP need to get a restraining order against you or something?

There are laws against online stalkers, even in Iceland.

Don't forget to biomass when you unsub, and remember, I get all your stuff.

Toodles.

NO. Veers unsubbing would be a blow to us all. All this opposition to him has galvanized him to continue on in spite of us. Don't you see veers is our proven case study that player harassment/involvement=retention

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Piz Caldera
Caldera Mercenaries
#140 - 2015-03-25 12:27:01 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
should CCP be hiring us ?

Agent Tora, you and Marmites help to make Eve a better place, thanks to you. And even the Agents from CCP
are confirming the truth, which is out there. The truth is, Code always win!