These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Is there a consensus on what the core skills are?

Author
Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2015-03-23 14:45:30 UTC
So I have been doing some research into core skills to see if there is anything that I missed but I am having trouble finding a site that says you should train "x to x". They are talked about broadly and there does not seem to be a consensus. So what are the core skills and what level should they be trained at?
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-03-23 14:56:36 UTC
It is fairly easy to figure out what core skills are but what levels to be trained you can't say. To train all skills to level 5 takes about 20 years and the game has not been out that long. Also there is no one way to play this game. This is not a linear game like other MMOs. There is no one way to do anything. There is not even a best way there is only your way.

So there is no way anyone can tell you what to train to what level when. You need to make those decisions yourself based on your goals and where you are at in the game. I like to look at it like most bang for the buck meaning I try to make a skill list and then priorities it on what gets me skills the quickest. That is just in general. I also prioritize by what I need also and skills that unlock stuff like T2 mods for example or the next level of skills would be another example

As far as core skills I define those as the base skills that you need for any category, Base meaning you need them but they are non-specific. Examples would be anything that affects your fitting meaning powergrid or CPU. Also for gunnery for example skills that affect all guns or all weapons but none in particular so anything that affects: tracking, optimal, falloff, RoF, weapons fitting etc....

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Cellini Benvenuto
Ephemeral Syzygy
#3 - 2015-03-23 15:00:11 UTC
I'd be very interested in these answers too!

So far, I've been using eve university's excellent wiki as a source.

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Core_Skills (pick and chose which ones fit your need)
http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Support_Skills

And http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Recommended_skills_for_new_players (advanced skill plan)

I'm following the 80:20 rule, and training skills to V only when they are either a requirement to get to a new skillset or really important.

Also important, I think, are the fitting skills (like CPU/Powergrid management, capacitor skills, advanced weapons, etc).

But if someone has more info, it would be really useful!
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2015-03-23 15:15:02 UTC
This :
http://blog.beyondreality.se/Newbie-skill-plan-2
newbie skill plan has been linked here before. If you google newbie skill plan you will find other guides.

If you tell me what kind of things you are interested in doing or maybe what ships you'd like to fly or something like that I can give you more specific advice.

In general very early on fitting is going to be your biggest hurdle to over come. So anything that gives you CPU and Powergrid or reduces the need for either of those. Beyond that a good offense is your best defense so generally speaking you are better off chasing more dps before more tank but I'm not saying go all level 5 on your guns before training your tank to level 3 I'm saying train them up evenly but train weapons to the next level first and once you can fit T2 tank mods you can ignore tank for a while and focus on other stuff.

Depending on what you are doing speed can be very important so check on navigation skills.

For charisma based skills jump clones can be nice to have and if you are missioning then some social skills are very nice. If you are into the market you'll want some market skills but other than that charisma based skills are not that important for new players.

EFT ( Eve Fitting Tool ) and EveMon can be very helpful tools for making these decisions. You can import your character skills into EFT and Fit a ship out the way that would like it and then alter your character to make it fit CPU and power grid wise. Then you can export both the fit and the character after the fit to EveMon can create a skill plan. I then move the skills around to put the shortest to train at the front.

You could even stack 2 skill plans on top of each other so you could for example fit out your favorite frig with an all meta 4 fit and export that. Then fit the same ship out T2 and export that so you have a nearer term and longer term plan stacked on top of each other to make one skill plan. Of course these are just a few examples. The EFT / EveMon combo can be used to help in decision making also. You could compare a HAC or strategic cruiser skill plan to a battleship skill plan to see how long each one takes so you know how to prioritize your skills or your focus in that regard.

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2015-03-23 15:46:12 UTC
OP I am not sure what your MMO history is but if you are coming from "other" games and are looking for something comparable I can tell you that there is no equivalent of elietistjerks.com for eve. That's not because no one has bothered to do it but because it can't be done.

This is a sandbox so there is no set end game. As such no one can tell you the best or fastest way to get to a specific end game that does not exist. So Play around with stuff and set some personal goals. If you want advice on how to achieve your personal goals us vets can help by giving you advice on what we did or what we would recommend knowing now what we know but no one can say for sure what is best for you except you.

Lost Greybeard
Drunken Yordles
#6 - 2015-03-23 16:05:21 UTC
Another good clue that a skill's applications are broad and that it's useful to most players is the multiplier. For the most part, you should have every skill that's 1x or 2x, and almost all of the 1x skills are worth getting to 4 at least.

Also, most ships just have a set of badge things associated with them that'll tell you useful skills and link you to the certificate system, which tends to give you a reasonable set of skill lists.

That said, using your judgement on what skills you need and which you can skip is pretty much the game, there's not a set path.
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#7 - 2015-03-23 16:27:55 UTC
Core skills would be anything to do with base elements of your ship for which there is not a choice to not train. So unless your char was a 'Jita alt' or some kind of other trading type char you would train as 'core' skills :

Any skills for base ship CPU.
Any skills for base ship powergrid.
Any skills for navigation, sub-warp, & warp speed.
Any skills for targeting range.

After that any further skill choices would be based on what you intend to fly and your career choice/s.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#8 - 2015-03-23 17:50:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
I consider "core skills" to be any skill that benefits all ships, or a large significant number of them. These skills are mostly under Electronics, Engineering, Navigation, Targeting, Armor (amount), and Shield (amount & recharge), etc.

I consider "support skills" to be any skill that makes a large significant number of ships better. Example: skills to improve all missiles, or improve all turrets, or improve armor tanking, or improve shield tanking, etc.

Lastly there are the specialization skills, with notably T2 ships being the extreme example (require level 5).

These categories largely stem from the now extinct certificate system, that was replaced with ISIS and Ship Masteries.
L'ouris
Have Naught Subsidiaries
#9 - 2015-03-23 18:11:57 UTC
My interpretation has always been close to what Tau said above.

Core = Fitting and basic ship tanking, navigation, targeting skills.

Critical Support = Weapon system support skills ( or equiv mining / industry / marketing stuff I suppose )

Specialization = basically make one or two ships or mods better....
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#10 - 2015-03-23 19:16:34 UTC
Core skills: Any skill that makes ALL ships work better (so, fitting room, raw base tank, speed, agility, capacitor)

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Of Sound Mind
#11 - 2015-03-23 19:34:54 UTC
As a newbie I considered core skills to be any skillbook under 100k ISK available at my starting system which I could learn and for which the first level of training took less than 15 minutes. After that I would simply work on any skill which would improve the ship I was flying at the moment. I know these are not the 'official' core skills, nor the most efficient skill plan, but it allows for great flexibility / experimentation. You also gain a good sense of which skills are important and why. In the end it turned out to cover most of what people consider to be core.

If I had to start over I would change very little about that skill plan. Possibly I would focus on getting some sort of T2 frig sized weapons earlier.
Memphis Baas
#12 - 2015-03-23 20:08:45 UTC
Generally, skills under the following categories:

Armor
Engineering
Mechanics
Shields
Navigation
Scanning
Rigging
Targeting

... will improve the performance of ALL your ships and should be trained to 3, then later on to 4, and some to 5 (if they are a prerequisite for unlocking advanced ships). We call these "combat support" skills but you can call them "core."

Skills under the following categories:

Drones
Gunnery
Missiles

...deal with weapon systems; each ship that you're interested in flying will have a certain set of guns (lasers, hybrids, projectile weapons), and/or missiles, and/or drones that it can use, and you need to train the corresponding skills in order to unlock these weapons. These are called the "weapon" skills.

Ideally, for best performance in PVP, you want to unlock the T2 weapons (because they are better), but unlike the support skills, the weapon skills have tougher prerequisites in order to unlock the T2 weaponry.

Skills under the following category:

Spaceship Command

... will unlock ships for you to fly. These are called "ship" skills, and you can browse the in-game ISIS ship chart to see what ships are available and what their stats are. These skills will have prerequisites from the Spaceship Command skills (you have to unlock the smaller ships to get to the bigger ships) and also from the support skills (you have to be good at cloaking to fly cov-ops for example).

Finally, skills under the remaining categories:

Corporation Management
Neural Enhancement
Planet Management
Production
Resource Processing
Science
Social
Trade

... are considered "industry" or "miscellaneous" skills, and you train them as you see fit, if you want to mine, manufacture stuff, trade on the market in Jita, or whatnot.

As you start, flying frigates and destroyers, you can get by with low weapon and support skills, but going to cruisers and then battleship sized ships, you should remember to train up your weapons and support correspondingly, don't ignore them. The bigger ships are more expensive, so if you lose a 100 million battleship because you didn't have enough shields, that hurts more than losing a 0.4 million frigate because of lack of shields.

NOTE: If you open your character sheet, under the Skills category you have a Certificates tab. Certificates are groups of skills, and as you train your skills up, you'll get better Certification. You can kind of keep track of where you are with your skill plan.

Also, each ship, if you show info to see its stats, will list the applicable certificates to fly that ship, in a tab named "Mastery." So you can keep track of which skills apply to the ship, and how well you're doing at training them to a decent level.

As a rule of thumb, if it looks like the skill could be useful for a ship, train it to 3 (good), or 4 (pretty good). Only train skills to 5 if the bonus you get is HUGE, or if having the skill at 5 unlocks a skill or ship that you want. For example, if you want to fly interceptor frigates, you have to have the skill Evasive Maneuvering at 5.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2015-03-23 20:14:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
I've started a list of my of what I consider "core skills" and "support skills". Check back often, as I'm likely to edit it a lot, as I may have missed some.

Note that "Fitting Skills" are skills that are related to CPU or powergrid. Improving these skills make it easier to fit a ship.

Core Skills

The following skills affect all ships. Training ALL of these skills is typically a very high priority.

Armor
* Hull Upgrades
* Mechanics

Engineering
* Capacitor Management
* Capacitor Systems Management
* CPU Management [Fitting Skill]
* Power Grid Management [Fitting Skill]

Navigation
* Evasive Maneuvering
* Navigation
* Warp Drive Operation

Shield
* Shield Management
* Shield Operation

Spaceship Command
* Spaceship Command

The following skills are arguably core skills as well, though they don't affect all ships.

Engineering
* Advanced Weapon Upgrades [Fitting Skill]
* Thermodynamics
* Weapon Upgrades [Fitting Skill]

Rigging
* Jury Rigging

Targeting
* Advanced Target Management
* Long Range Targeting
* Signature Analysis
* Target Management

Support Skills

These skills improve a lot of ships, but are not applicable to all ships. Training MANY of these skills is typically a moderately high priority.

Armor
* Armor Layering
* EM Armor Compensation
* Explosive Armor Compensation
* Kinetic Armor Compensation
* Repair Systems
* Thermic Armor Compensation

Drones
* Advanced Drone Avionics
* Combat Drone Operation
* Drone Avionics
* Drone Durability
* Drone Interfacing
* Drone Navigation
* Drone Sharpshooting
* Drones

Gunnery
* Controlled Bursts
* Gunnery
* Motion Prediction
* Rapid Firing
* Sharpshooter
* Surgical Strike
* Trajectory Analysis

Missiles
* Guided Missile Precision
* Missile Bombardment
* Missile Launcher Operation
* Missile Projection
* Rapid Launch
* Target Navigation Prediction
* Warhead Upgrades

Engineering
* Energy Grid Upgrades [Fitting Skill]

Navigation
* Acceleration Control
* Afterburner
* Fuel Conservation
* High Speed Maneuvering

Rigging
* Armor Rigging
* Astronautics Rigging
* Drones Rigging
* Electronic Superiority Rigging
* Energy Weapon Rigging [Fitting Skill]
* Hybrid Weapon Rigging [Fitting Skill]
* Launcher Rigging [Fitting Skill]
* Projectile Weapon Rigging [Fitting Skill]
* Shield Rigging

Shields
* EM Shield Compensation
* Explosive Shield Compensation
* Kinetic Shield Compensation
* Shield Compensation
* Shield Upgrades [Fitting Skill]
* Tactical Shield Manipulation
* Thermic Shield Compensation

Targeting
* Gravimetric Sensor Compensation
* Ladar Sensor Compensation
* Magnetometric Sensor Compensation
* Radar Sensor Compensation

Specialization

The following are only general categories, not skills. Each category typically contains many skills, and the categories may have overlapping skills. This is by no means a complete list.

* Missions
* Harvesting
* Reprocessing
* Planetary Interaction
* Exploration
* Hauling
* Leadership
* Fleet boosting
* EWAR
* Logistics
* Manufacturing
* Research
* Sub-capitals
* Capitals
* Super-capitals
* Covert operations
* Booster (drug) usage
* Corporation management
* Structure management
* Trade

One can also specialize in specific class of ships (example: drone boats, or medium-size hulls, etc.), or even a single ship.
Davith en Divalone
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-03-23 21:25:20 UTC
ISIS actually is a nice system for providing a list of skills for running a specific ship. I just went down my character sheet and made some suggestions for skills that apply to a large number of ships. There's a lot of skills but most can be trained to 3 and taken further on a as-needed basis. I also didn't list most of the DPS (with the exception of Drones) or tanking skills, which depend on ship type.

Armor: Mechanics
Train to: 3
Why: Prerequisite skill for other skills.

Armor: Hull Upgrades
Why: Required for many utility modules.

Drones:Drones
When: Drone boats or first cruisers.
Train to: 4, 5 when you can.
Why: Drones are a critical part of DPS for larger ship classes. Level 5 gives you a full flight of 5.

Drones:Light Drone Operation
When: Drone boats or cruisers.
Train to: 4
Why: Light drones are a reliable anti-frigate weapon.

Drones:Medium Drone Operation
When: Drone boats, battleships
Why: Medium drones are a reliable anti-cruiser weapon.

Engineering:Capacitor Management
Engineering:Capacitor Systems Operation
Why: Increases cap and cap recharge for all ships.

Engineering:CPU Management
Engineering:Power Grid Management
Why: Increase CPU/Power Grid for all ships.

Engineering:Electronics Upgrades
Engineering:Energy Grid Upgrades
Engineering:Weapon Upgrades
Train to: 3 or 4
Why: Fitting skills. These make entire classes of modules easier to fit.

Gunnery:Gunnery
Missiles:Missile Launcher Operation
Train to: either to 4.
Why: Improves performance of all turrets/launchers.

Navigation:Afterburner
Navigation:Evasive Maneuvering
Navigation:Fuel Conservation
Navigation:High Speed Maneuvering
Navigation:Navigation
Navigation:Warp Drive Operation
Train to: Navigation to 3, then the rest. Afterburner 4 gives you Tech 2.
Why: Propulsion mods are essential.

Neural Enhancement: Cybernetics
Why: Implants can cut training time, but the cost (and risk) increase exponentially.

Resource Processing:Salvaging
Why: Supplementary income stream.

Rigging:Jury Rigging
When: After Mechanics.
Why: Adding rigs is an essential fitting skill.

Science:Science
When: As needed.
Why: Prereq for astrometrics and some mining.

Social:Diplomacy
Social:Social
When: If missioning.
Why: Boosts all standings. You'll need social first.

Spaceship Command:Spaceship Command
Why: Improves agility for all ships. Prerequisite for some ship classes.

Targeting:Signature Analysis
Targeting:Target Management
Why: Improved targeting for all ship classes.

Trade:Contracting
Trade:Trade
Train to: 2 or 3
Why: Cheap and occasionally useful skills. Trade is a prereq for other trade skills.

Syrilian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-03-23 21:31:10 UTC
Davith en Divalone wrote:
ISIS actually is a nice system for providing a list of skills for running a specific ship. I just went down my character sheet and made some suggestions for skills that apply to a large number of ships. There's a lot of skills but most can be trained to 3 and taken further on a as-needed basis. I also didn't list most of the DPS (with the exception of Drones) or tanking skills, which depend on ship type.

Armor: Mechanics
Why: Prerequisite skill for other skills.

Armor: Hull Upgrades
Why: Required for many utility modules.

Drones:Drones
When: Drone boats or first cruisers.
Train to: 4, 5 when you can.
Why: Drones are a critical part of DPS for larger ship classes. Level 5 gives you a full flight of 5.

Drones:Light Drone Operation
When: Drone boats or cruisers.
Why: Light drones are a reliable anti-frigate weapon.

Drones:Medium Drone Operation
When: Drone boats, battleships
Why: Medium drones are a reliable anti-cruiser weapon.

Engineering:Capacitor Management
Engineering:Capacitor Systems Operation
Why: Increases cap and cap recharge for all ships.

Engineering:CPU Management
Engineering:Power Grid Management
Why: Increase CPU/Power Grid for all ships.

Engineering:Electronics Upgrades
Engineering:Energy Grid Upgrades
Engineering:Weapon Upgrades
Why: Fitting skills. These make entire classes of modules easier to fit.

Gunnery:Gunnery
Missiles:Missile Launcher Operation
Train to: either to 4.
Why: Improves performance of all turrets/launchers.

Navigation:Afterburner
Navigation:Evasive Maneuvering
Navigation:Fuel Conservation
Navigation:High Speed Maneuvering
Navigation:Navigation
Navigation:Warp Drive Operation
Train to: Navigation to 3, then the rest. Afterburner 4 gives you Tech 2.
Why: Propulsion mods are essential.

Neural Enhancement: Cybernetics
Why: Implants can cut training time, but the cost (and risk) increase exponentially.

Resource Processing:Salvaging
Why: Supplementary income stream.

Rigging:Jury Rigging
When: After Mechanics.
Why: Adding rigs is an essential fitting skill.

Science:Science
Why: Prereq for astrometrics and some mining.

Social:Diplomacy
Social:Social
When: If missioning.
Why: Boosts all standings. You'll need social first.

Spaceship Command:Spaceship Command
Why: Improves agility for all ships. Prerequisite for some ship classes.

Targeting:Signature Analysis
Targeting:Target Management
Why: Improved targeting for all ship classes.

Trade:Contracting
Trade:Trade
Train to: 2 or 3
Why: Cheap and occasionally useful skills. Trade is a prereq for other trade skills.

That is really useful. Thank you!
Cara Forelli
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#16 - 2015-03-23 21:43:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Cara Forelli
If I had to start a new character and was looking to be effective as early as possible, it'd be something like this:

1. Train core skills to level 3ish (these are skills in engineering, navigation, armor, shield, targeting etc. that affect all of your ships)

2. Pick your first specialization (what ship do you expect to be flying a lot of early on?) Train the specialization skills and weapon support skills. For example, lets say you want to start pvping in a Kestrel. You would train Caldari Frigate 4, Rockets 4, Light Missiles 4, and all the missile support skills to about 3.

3. Next train t2 weapons (lets say you like rockets - get rockets 5 and rocket specialization 3)

4. Now finish off your specialization for the big bonus that comes with it (Caldari frigate 5)

5. Now that you have a specialized ship to fly, lets revisit those core skills and make it better! Focus on the skills that affect your chosen ship. For the kestrel example you want to work toward t2 modules like the t2 damage control, t2 shield extender, t2 ballistic control.

6. Get some of the most useful core skills to 5 (CPU management, Powergrid Management, Weapon Upgrades, basically anything that is relatively short and very useful).

7. Oh, but now I'm bored of the Kestrel! I want a new ship to fly! So pick a new specialization, identify the necessary support skills, and repeat steps 2-5. Then repeat them again. Every time you train for a new specialization spend some time improving support skills as well. This way you steadily unlock new specialized ships, while at the same time improving your core skills.

There's some debate on this. A lot of people will tell you to only work on core skills for your first 3-6 months. However, a weeks worth of training here or there to unlock t2 weapons and maximize your ship skill (which usually gives the best bang for your buck in that specialization) is well worth it so you have things to play with in the meantime.

How much time you spend on your core skills compared to specialization skills will be largely influenced by how ADD you are. Some people can fly the same ship, fit the same way, doing the same activity, for 6 months at a time. I have a hard time flying the same ship for even a few days. I ended up cross training into all the races and all the weapon systems at the frig/cruiser level to maximize my options. This means I spent considerably longer on leveling my core skills, but for me the diversity of choice was worth it.

Don't forget, it's fine to opt out of stuff you know you won't use. Only planning to fly armor for a while? Skip the shield skills. Like turrets? Leave out missile support skills. (Everyone should train drones fairly early on though - above frigate level they are useful on almost every ship even if they aren't the primary damage dealer).

Edit: One more thing. When in doubt, just train whatever is the shortest train and seems useful for your playstyle. The train times are balanced pretty well so you could do worse than to prioritize by train time.

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#17 - 2015-03-23 22:25:19 UTC
My idea of the *critical* core skills are:

- CPU Management 5
- Power Grid Management 5
- Weapon Upgrades 5
- Advanced Weapon Upgrades 3
- Jury Rigging 3

These are the skills that dramatically affect the modules you can fit to your ships.

Then, Tau's post is very important to read.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#18 - 2015-03-24 01:39:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Don't play the skill queue.

Train skills that will help you NOW not someday.

Don't train skills to high levels at first. Level 2 is enough investment to start, and level 3 is plenty for the skills you value more. Avoid level 5 where possible and practical, as training levels 1 to 4 takes 17% of the time for 80% of the benefit.

Tip: You will find that most basic skills have a skill rank (time multiplier) of 1. The higher the rank, the longer it takes to train. Most skills to start with are rank 3 and lower. In the same amount of time, you can train three rank 1 skills to level 2, or one rank 3 skill to level 2.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#19 - 2015-03-24 03:29:11 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Don't play the skill queue.

Train skills that will help you NOW not someday.

Don't train skills to high levels at first. Level 2 is enough investment to start, and level 3 is plenty for the skills you value more. Avoid level 5 where possible and practical, as training levels 1 to 4 takes 17% of the time for 80% of the benefit.

Tip: You will find that most basic skills have a skill rank (time multiplier) of 1. The higher the rank, the longer it takes to train. Most skills to start with are rank 3 and lower. In the same amount of time, you can train three rank 1 skills to level 2, or one rank 3 skill to level 2.

I broadly agree with this, but CPU Management 5 and Power Grid Management 5 should be done within your first 3 weeks, and (usually) Weapons Upgrades 5 and Drones 5 within your first 2 months. Some careers may differ but those hold for anyone seeking to fly ships with modules fitted to them (a scamming character can skip these skills entirely).

CPU Management has more than ten times the benefit per rank of most skills, so the fact that training it from 4 to 5 takes 5.6 times as long as training a different skill from 3 to 4 does not change the fact that CPU Management 5 is a better use of your training time *right now*.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#20 - 2015-03-24 04:01:20 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
I broadly agree with this, but CPU Management 5 and Power Grid Management 5 should be done within your first 3 weeks, and (usually) Weapons Upgrades 5 and Drones 5 within your first 2 months. Some careers may differ but those hold for anyone seeking to fly ships with modules fitted to them (a scamming character can skip these skills entirely).

CPU Management has more than ten times the benefit per rank of most skills, so the fact that training it from 4 to 5 takes 5.6 times as long as training a different skill from 3 to 4 does not change the fact that CPU Management 5 is a better use of your training time *right now*.

In my opinion, there is no point training fitting skills to 5 until you need to fit something that actually needs level 5.

Similarly, there is no point in training drones 5 until you have a ship that can carry 5 drones, or when you find you really need tech 2 light drones.

Tip: All rookie ships can carry 1 drone.

The above being stated, all the "core skills" and "support skills" are well worth consideration for level 5 training... eventually.
12Next page