These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Reporting From Eram] Drifter Presence

Author
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#1 - 2015-03-23 04:19:38 UTC
Two Drifter Battleships and four Circadian Seekers are now present in Eram; There are no Structures or Wormholes present in the system.

Seeing Tukoss's alert, this seems important: remain vigilant.

-The Archivist
#2 - 2015-03-23 04:36:26 UTC
UPDATE:

A Pilot has attacked them and then proceeded to fly to site one.

The circadians and drifters followed her there, destroyed her ship, and returned to the Elgoi gate, where they remain now.

They are watching the gate.
NFain
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-03-23 06:52:59 UTC
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
UPDATE:

The circadians and drifters followed her there, destroyed her ship, and returned to the Elgoi gate, where they remain now.

This is an intriguing development. It seems like the Drifters are starting to take offensive positions.. Question is where is the Republic Security Forces or the Republic Navy?
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-03-23 07:20:27 UTC
NFain wrote:
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci wrote:
UPDATE:

This is an intriguing development. It seems like the Drifters are starting to take offensive positions.. Question is where is the Republic Security Forces or the Republic Navy?

Elsewhere probably. RSS pretty much does what they feel like doing and never tells anyone about it. Republic Navy does not exist. Do you mean the Republic Fleet?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
#5 - 2015-03-23 14:37:42 UTC
Fascinating, and also worrisome.

Mr. Anteovnucci, were you following the discussions at the Yulai symposium? If so, what were your thoughts? And if it comes to it, would you fire on the Tyrannos?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Xadiran
Moira.
#6 - 2015-03-23 15:00:47 UTC
I've been at the symposium these past few days, so I'll be returning to site one within the next 24h or so.

Are those drifters still on the gate?
#7 - 2015-03-23 15:01:26 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Fascinating, and also worrisome.

Mr. Anteovnucci, were you following the discussions at the Yulai symposium? If so, what were your thoughts? And if it comes to it, would you fire on the Tyrannos?

Though I could not attend the Symposium itself, reports of what was shown have led me to an opinion; even in the SCOPE broadcast on the event, we see the Circadians seemingly extracting something from the damaged structures, now revealed to be "Jove Observatories". If they are in opposition to the Jove and are on the side of the Tyrannos, I have more reason than ever to be suspicious and attempt to stop them. However, my corporation wishes to be wary and not engage them until we know for certain that they are not somehow allied with the Jovian Directorate, which we clam loyalty to.

Additionally, we see the Circadians abducting a corpse in the broadcast; if they are taking bodies from us, perhaps they are doing the same thing with Jovian bodies and modifying them- this is a long shot, but they wouldn't be taking bodies without a very good reason to do so.

To answer; I personally believe the Tyrannos to be in opposition to the Jovian Directorate, providing more than enough reason to want to stop their advance.
Feu dAstres
Nox Draconum Holding Corp
#8 - 2015-03-23 15:03:24 UTC
No drifters or seekers spotted in Eram 14:00 to 15:00.

Returning to home port.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2015-03-23 15:37:59 UTC
Would be worthwhile to keep eyes on any wormholes that pop up near there.

I may move to Eram later today
Jaret Victorian
#10 - 2015-03-23 16:19:34 UTC
Drifter Battleships were spotted in Eram previously. Particularly after the last message from Dr. Tukoss. It was noted that they no longer visit Site One after his message.

They (when in Eram) seem to pay particular attention to Vullat system gate. This holo was taken on 2nd of March. This is quite interesting, as one of our cultural references was set up in Eystur. And, most importantly, there were three unID Wormholes in Eystur. One of them is online right now (Picture 1 and Picture 2).

Oh, and look at this. What could this possibly mean?
Luther Renvolint
Order of Interests
#11 - 2015-03-24 14:07:08 UTC
This is worrying ...

As the presence of unknown objects continues to grow, with no attempt to make contact with us, I am becoming more and more sure that there is something cataclysmic about to happen.

And as a Sebiestor, I will be returning to my home space to prepare for it's defence.

I do wonder whether we are simply being swept up into a war between two much more powerful peoples. I for one will endeavour to fight for the Jove ... if it comes to that!

The time has come to cast aside our differences such that we, humanity's wayward brothers and sisters, may once again return home. - Vuld Haupt, The Paths of Our Ancestors

Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#12 - 2015-03-24 14:52:05 UTC
Luther Renvolint wrote:
This is worrying ...

As the presence of unknown objects continues to grow, with no attempt to make contact with us, I am becoming more and more sure that there is something cataclysmic about to happen.

And as a Sebiestor, I will be returning to my home space to prepare for it's defence.

I do wonder whether we are simply being swept up into a war between two much more powerful peoples. I for one will endeavour to fight for the Jove ... if it comes to that!

If it's a war between the Jove and the Sleepers I say we let it play out and tell the victor to take his toys with him when they are done. We have enough problems without ancheint races fighting over God knows what. If the don't leave I say we make them leave.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Bourbon Limoges
Doomheim
#13 - 2015-03-24 15:36:54 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
If it's a war between the Jove and the Sleepers I say we let it play out and tell the victor to take his toys with him when they are done.

There may be sibling rivalry within whichever numeral of Jovian Empire we are currently on, but it is not as straightforward as a war between Sleepers and Jove. The "Circadian" Sleepers act in concert with Drifter ships. The pylons anchoring unidentified wormholes are of Sleeper origin, and Drifter battleships will defend them.