These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Claiming your Holiday Gift

First post First post
Author
Florio
Miniature Giant Space Hamsters
#141 - 2011-12-23 17:52:37 UTC
CCP, was it really intended for the Xmas gift to be only available to those who scour every paragraph of every publication, or who stumbled upon the Xmas gift offer by chance? (Yep, like many others I missed it, despite logging on nearly every day for a few minutes to catch up with friends.)

Not a whine, by the way, but just curious as I don't understand the motives or intention.
Idle Bow
Genesis Claymores
#142 - 2011-12-23 18:04:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Idle Bow
Adonis Lee Ongrard wrote:
... only if you actually followed the dev blogs and went into Account Management before the 21st and chose one of the items for a holiday present...

oh, so no Christmas present for me just because end of the year is too busy to read everything thoroughly? ShockedCryLol

There is something incredibly wrong, strange way to make a gift :)

Anyway, Merry Christmas for everyone who celebrate it.
Belssi
Machinum
The Initiative.
#143 - 2011-12-23 18:10:19 UTC
Jake McCord wrote:
Then, starting on the 22nd, they'd start showing up on the character selection page with the redeem button.

If you didn't make a selection, you're screwed.

Bah Humbug

Exept that when I logged in I atleast didn't have any redeem button at all. Made the selection prior to 21st.
Hawk Moth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#144 - 2011-12-23 18:18:11 UTC
Ah, so if i have this right, i pay my subscriptions, on three accounts, all year and just because i dont see a short run message asking me to make a selection of which christmas gift i wish to receive, i get nothing?

Well CCP, you have just missed your chance to have me renew my subscriptions when they expire. Its a shame really, as you had been impressing me with your recent moves, whatever motivated them, to improve the game. I just hate crap customer care.

It was good while it lasted, but whichever CCP numpty decided on this approach needs a lesson in not p***ing off customers tbh.

Why not just default the gift if no selection was made?

Goodbye
aJackus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2011-12-23 19:18:14 UTC
Bad Santa gave me nothing.

Once again CCP shows inability to communicate.

I blame CCP for complete failure to tell people that they have to go to Account Management page (??? what the **** ??? That's really unusual and odd place to go for those who pay in advance) to claim presents.

2 Hilmar Veigar Petursson
"doing the simple things right" = bla-bla-bla

Venkul Mul
Vikramaditya
#146 - 2011-12-23 19:29:51 UTC
I want to add my voice to those that haven't noticed the offer.
I had seen so many times the star screen with "the holidays are here buy plex" that I dismissed your announcement (same graphics as far as I have seen) without ever reading it.

The "fun" part is that I did know there was some holiday gift and was wondering when it would appear as a reedeming offer.

Disappointing.
Dominatus Crispus
Nation of Muppets
#147 - 2011-12-23 19:47:34 UTC
As the players above me have noted... I'm just as annoyed...

i feel as we got trolled for Christmas... which in a weird way, seems very ccp'ish anyway...

merry Christmas anyway... \o
Abriael VonRosen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#148 - 2011-12-23 19:59:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Abriael VonRosen
Honestly it's rather farfetched to expect everyone to be around in the rather SMALL window between the announcement and the end of the chance to redeem the gifts. It was how much, 4 days?

In my opinion it was a bad idea to close the redeeming chance on the 21st. Honestly they should reopen it and let it run until the end of the year at least. Last I heard, It's not Christmas just for those that read the news every day and never go out of town.

Merry Christmas dudes and dudettes at CCP, I'd encourage you to do something about this. leaving people with a bitter taste on Christmas makes you a bad Santa.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#149 - 2011-12-23 20:09:00 UTC
Abriael VonRosen wrote:
. It was how much, 4 days?

Well over a week.

Plenty of time for a threadnaught to go up suggesting changes to the remap mechanics, for CCP to evaluate those suggestions, and then for CCP to change the remap mechanics and implement the change.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Ms Lynn
Bane of Angry Puppies
#150 - 2011-12-23 20:20:49 UTC
Wow, missed it by a fliping day, they couldnt at least have it go to the 24 or 25. People have work and around christmas time alot of events and shoping and other things to do, They give us hardly a week to claim things at the time of year when personal lives are most demanding. CCP is becoming worse and worse. I had a small bit of hope regrowing and yet again they manage to stomp on their own throats.
Samantha Utama
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#151 - 2011-12-23 20:28:26 UTC
Hawk Moth wrote:
Ah, so if i have this right, i pay my subscriptions, on three accounts, all year and just because i dont see a short run message asking me to make a selection of which christmas gift i wish to receive, i get nothing?

Well CCP, you have just missed your chance to have me renew my subscriptions when they expire. Its a shame really, as you had been impressing me with your recent moves, whatever motivated them, to improve the game. I just hate crap customer care.

It was good while it lasted, but whichever CCP numpty decided on this approach needs a lesson in not p***ing off customers tbh.

Why not just default the gift if no selection was made?

Goodbye

Hey hawk, since you sound pretty serious about quitting, can I have your stuff? srsly?
Hawk Moth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#152 - 2011-12-23 20:33:18 UTC
LOL, just when I thought that the Eve community had matured, you go destroy my hopes. ;)

oh, and you can be rest assured that my stuff will go to a worthy and deserving cause.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#153 - 2011-12-23 20:38:04 UTC
Hawk Moth wrote:
LOL, just when I thought that the Eve community had matured, you go destroy my hopes. ;)

oh, and you can be rest assured that my stuff will go to a worthy and deserving cause.

Yep, cause quitting cause daddy didn't give you a present strikes me as a sober, mature response... Roll

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Hawk Moth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#154 - 2011-12-23 20:44:08 UTC
What i'm doing is exercising my right to make a choice about what i do with my hard-earned cash and i dont have to justify that to anyone. If you have a problem with that, tough.
slam34
Transtar Services
#155 - 2011-12-23 20:53:35 UTC
I don't see the point of getting all worked up about the way the Xmas gifts were handled. They were free for crying out loud. Of course, I don't see why a company would offer gifts to it's customers, without a sensible plan for advertising and distributing them.

Offering a selection to choose from was brilliant, though I suspect it was more to do market research, or a stealth polling scheme. I guess it doesn't matter why CCP did it in the first place. probably a last minute goodwill gesture after all.

For what it's worth, I checked out the gift selection several times this week, and didn't notice the deadline until I went to make my selection today. I filed a petition, but I won't cry if I don't get anything. Being able to play this game is gift enough for me.

High sec: That's the tutorial. Null Sec is the actual game. Wormholes? Even CCP isn't sure.

Hawk Moth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#156 - 2011-12-23 21:01:40 UTC
slam34 wrote:
I don't see the point of getting all worked up about the way the Xmas gifts were handled.

You're probably right, but when you're fighting off the age-onset Victor Meldrew syndrome, it gets hard to resist.

oh btw, I dont believe it. ;p
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#157 - 2011-12-23 21:04:38 UTC
Hawk Moth wrote:
What i'm doing is exercising my right to make a choice about what i do with my hard-earned cash and i dont have to justify that to anyone. If you have a problem with that, tough.

I don't have a problem with it. Bye.

What I'm doing is exercising my right to laugh at you and call you immature because you quit a game (that I assume you enjoy) because you missed a free, in game, gift. If you have a problem with that, tough.

Abriael VonRosen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#158 - 2011-12-23 21:06:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Abriael VonRosen
RubyPorto wrote:
Abriael VonRosen wrote:
. It was how much, 4 days?

Well over a week.

Plenty of time for a threadnaught to go up suggesting changes to the remap mechanics, for CCP to evaluate those suggestions, and then for CCP to change the remap mechanics and implement the change.

Well, I for one saw it 4 days ago. And I watch news actively. If there's one thing that playing and following MMORPGs thaught me is that MMORPG users are here to play the game, not to read the news.

Apparently CCP didn't learn that lesson yet. Leaving it open for a while longer was the right course of action here. Anyone that argues against it is just playing devil's advocate for the sake of playing it, I hope.

"hey, it's christmas for you only if you read the news!" simply isn't good business or good marketing, and CCP isn't exactly in the best condition to afford making more users unhappy for no reason at all.

I'm quite sure not many (if any) will quit over this, but it is generating negativity that could and should easily be predicted and avoided and can hopefully still be amended.
Hawk Moth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2011-12-23 21:12:35 UTC
as long as i've made you happy

have a good christmas ;)
Carlos Det
Shadow Core
#160 - 2011-12-23 21:31:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Carlos Det
Damn,
log in everyday to find patches blocking my view, when I finally see it its on the last day 4 hours after it closed.

tbh the only day I saw any information about were to find the gift options was on the very same day it ended, I log in to choose the gift only to be told the options were closed.

Next time ccp try no to post your messages at the log in screen at the same time as the patches. It makes it impossible to read the message.

edit: I dont read trash mail from your e-zine on my email, I have enough with the ingame mails to begin with.